Release 197 - Report issues here

I am unsure how to test this. I am sorry I can’t provide more specifics.

I had the death penalty buff on my main character. I was building and playing to get rid of it. When the buff was almost gone I noticed I had several chests to open under the Rewards tab (darkmatter chest, two gem chests and a stone chest, and maybe 1 more I couldn’t see?)

I clicked ‘quick collect all’

I received 6k experience, my death buff was gone.

I think I only had 1 or 2k more experience before the death buff was gone.

I am worried that the experience debuff applies the 50% reduction to the exp gained from chests even if the chests would satisfy it and provide a surplus.

In effect:

If the chests were supposed to give me 12k (without buff), the exp hits as one entity while under the death penalty and reduces it to 6k, 6k goes to try and satisfy the death penalty buff, satisfies it…and I am at a loss of 4k because it doesn’t come back to me. In effect, I overpay the death penalty.

Aside from killing myself and gathering chests over and over I can’t prove this. However, the experience I gained seemed smaller then expected and if it is an issue I wanted to bring it up!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Bryethewizard,

I just wanted to ask a few questions to get a clearer picture of the situation.

What level were you when you took on this meteorite?
What weapons did you use?
What skills do you have unlocked?
How many cuttletrunk did you have to fight?

Bugged selling plinth.
It selling atlas for 450 coin, when i try to buy it say i have not enough money.

Other stands there work fine.

1 Like

I believe I was still lvl 25, and using that iron slingbow. I want to say it was like 4-5 Cuttles at first plus whatever other mobs were on the island, i died real quick! Im not saying i wasnt out of my depth at all. Im quite sure i shouldnt be running around on a tier 5 world at my current level. I also try to avoid meteors even tho I’m geared for combat. It just surprised me that an army of the most powerful enemies spawned out of the weakest level of meteor! I have 8 power…ya know what hold that thought…

The only thing I’ve changed is I added one to zeal and one to all attributes.
Edit: I don’t have those epics behind where i moused over(the warp skill etc)…
Edit2: I’m about to become a lot more screenshot happy

Unfortunately recording video isn’t my thing. But, if it’s any condolence, I haven’t heard it in a spell. They’ve finally quieted down a bit.

Whoops! Sorry, I meant to say Storage Blocks. For your other comment in post #435, I was a bit confused because I thought it sounded like you somehow bypassed putting them into your inventory. In any case, this will sorted out soon.

It probably falls under the same issue.

This was previously touched upon by @T4LCOMX in post #22. We are making some changes so that this will be less likely to happen.

What kind of settlement is your one called compared to the one owned by Merlin (e.g. village / outpost etc)? Also, what does the layout of your settlement look like?

Thanks for the report, I’ve added this to the bug database.

Did you get all these landing sites from creating a bunch of new characters? As I can only get these locations to appear under the name ‘Warp Destination’ in game when I use warp augments on planets in the sky. The other question is did you ever travel to these locations before the entries disappeared from your location list?

It’s a fair point, so I’ll add a note to the database.

How are items arranged in your radial displays?

Also, is this similar to what @CreativeWorlds described in post #364?

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific and ask for a screenshot of the area with Builder Mode toggled on with the B key. Could you provide a screenshot or two?

Thanks for the report, I’ve added this to the bug database.

That’s very strange. I’ll add this to the database.

Well spotted. I’ve added this to the bug database.

What was the name of the objective?

As an extension to the reply to @Nevioni, we could consider removing repeated tasks from some objectives to reduce the need for carrying out many of the same actions.

What’s the name of the bread and soup that you were using?

From reading what you wrote, did this only occur once and you haven’t had it happen since then?

Looks like the previously-reported issue where players could not buy atlases from shop stands. But we do have an upcoming fix for this.

Fair enough. Maybe someone else could record a video.

Great stuff, keep up the good work

No, you are right, they was named warp destination, from totem augments.

But the strange thing is that today when i look, most of the old saved spots are back in list again.
I cant remember all, so i am not sore all are back, but i cant remember anyone i miss.

Not sure what is going on here.

Teaching Loaf, and Earthyam Risotto

It has only happened one time. I don’t know how to reproduce it :frowning: I can’t get boxes regularly

Lighting issue on Biitula gleam when on a shop stand:

Objective not completing issue:

I completed that step, got the next step unlocked (Fossils & Ancient Technology) and once the second step was complete, it showed this step again with 0 on each objective, and will not tick up the counter if I remove the items I placed earlier to complete it and put them back in the stand.

Edit: The Dedicated Seller of Gear objective has the exact same problem as above.

Doesnt show the xtra durability in the tool tip. Havent noticed if it actually applied though.

1 Like

This is similar to what I am experiencing though it happens quite a lot to me (maybe once every half hour in average). I have items in most slots but not all. It is not particularly triggered by hitting a number of an empty slot but usually happens right after I change items in a slot from the inventory - by far not always though. Once I’m back in game play screen suddenly I can’t switch to another slot. Sometimes it happens when I hit a button of a slot that is already active though, correct.

The mouse wheel not being recognized in gameplay (but in settings) is a permanent thing though. It is a standard microsoft mouse, no fancy driver or anything.

Ps: Usually the problems happens when I try to switch from slot 1 or 2 to 4. 1 has totem in it, 2 has torch and stone hammer, 4 has axe.

What I exactly do here:

1. I stay on an opened trapdoor (vertically)
  2. I close it
  3. I reopen (from horizontaly to vert) and happen to be stuck inside
  4. when i try to close it again I receive massive amount of damage

@vdragon

4 Likes

When receiving a PM while going through a portal to a place on the same world, the sender’s name shows as
<!?>.

QUOTED… AND ANSWER TO

BRAN NEW ISSUE… CAPITAL OF TILL IS NOT APEARING CORRECTLY AND MY OWN SETTLEMENT IS NOT APPEARING IN ANY BEACON INFO OR WORLD INFO.

I have 174 000 Prestiege on my own on the world of TILL. there are only two other settle ments that are under my size. 40 000 and 54 000. One of them is MERLIN. but every time I log in he is the VICEROY of the planet and the capital even though hes only 25% of my size. Also when I go into the WORLDS option, it only shows they two settlements of theirs. Not even mine exists on the planet even though my personal prestiege is 174 000. What is going on here… this is a major glitch or am I missing something…

( I was the initial capital. Then i saw it change. Now in my menu I can no longer even see my own outpost on the planet. why is that? second… I am an out post. My title went from capital to out post. Third… my settlement is no longer even mentioned on the planet… four… My out post is extremely detailed… all my stuff is made with high end refined and machined copper and a lot of gleam. five… my prestiege is now 4 times larger then the other two and yet im still not mentioned… and My settlement is condensed and highly compact. (CASTLE )… Name of my settlement is ( SOUL SHADOW, on planet TILL )… I am curious what dose the title of the settlement… ex (outpost) have anything to do with my settlement showing up on the planets info… and how do I change it if it is editable. thanks.

@ArmaGODdon Is your settlement made up of a block of plots or is it more of a network of plots and is it just one beacon?

If you try and pin Objectives (or Feats) while in the Sanctum, only the first one will actually pin. Sometimes 2 & 3 will pin but disappear when leaving the Sanctum. This time, I can’t pin 2 and 3 in the first place.

@vdragon After paying some more attention to this when it happens, as you asked what block type does this, it seems that you actually take fall damge from rock type blocks earlier than wood/soil blocks.

If I drop off from ledge that is 4 blocks high i start taking fall damage when landing on rock type blocks while you can drop of from 5 blocks high on wood/soil and Still not recieve any fall damage.

Also the random fall damage you take while walking around seems to be when walking over chiseled(player and natural alike) rock blocks, but haven’t yet seem to find any kind of reliable way to reproduce it.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve asked one of the designers and the response was that it’s not possible to stack buffs gained from food.

I can’t get this to occur with Shop Stands that I have set up myself. For the area in the screenshot, what is the nearby area like? Are the lights set up in a particular way?

I’ve added a bug to the database for the first objective, but the second one was working fine for me. Can you recall the tasks you had issues with?

Ah yes, I remember someone else reporting about this in the previous release. We do have a fix for this.

I still haven’t seen this occur, but I’ll add these comments to the database anyway in case someone can find anything unusual going on.

But the body is nowhere to be found in the breaking news screenshot. Maybe someone took it.

Aside from that, the issue is reproducible, so it’s been added to the database.

I’ve not been able to reproduce this. Can you submit a screenshot showing the text issue?

I’ve not been able to reproduce this one either. Is this occurring with any particular feats or objectives? Presumably they remain on screen when you pin them on a world?

Was it definitely 4 blocks? Or was it higher than that? As I’m not getting any fall damage from rock blocks from that height.