Release 211: Empires - CONTINUED

Well my understanding from reading the patch notes you receive the footfall right away from a person then once they step on your plots again 24hrs after that first visit they will generate coin again for you. Especially being as people have placed new beacons and had someone step on to it and saw coin in the beacon

1 Like

Incorrect. Not sure why, but a lot of people interpret the ‘now’ in the patch differently then I do. And since I’ve seen a beacon of a character that was 5 min old get footfall right after someone walked over it my interpretation seems to be correct.

The sentence was like (paraphrasing) “players will NOW receive footfall after 1 day when blabla”, many read it as if you had to wait 24 hours before seeing the coin for it.

Well, for 1) that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to me; 2) since this is a change as to what it used to be when you did not get footfall for the same player the next day, or the day after, until 24 days had passed, I assumed they meant it as “NOW you get footfall AGAIN after 1 day WHILE in the PAST you DID NOT until 24 days had passed!”

I’m trying to be patient, but it’s beginning to feel like a nerf to me. I hope I’m wrong.

I’ve noticed a slight increase in footfall since the update yesterday. And when I say slight, I mean very slight. I’d usually log in around this time to see 1300 - 1400c but it currently stands at 645c generated since I collected from the coin box immediately after the update hit.

Since the aim of the original main update in general was to give us more footfall coin than we were getting before Empires, I believe more tweaking of the new system is still required.

I also believe that what is happening here is completely unintentional on the devs part and I suggest that we bare with them while they try and balance things out. Empires was a major update and with all major updates in games, there’s teething periods where adjustments have to be made over time. I have confidence that we’ll get there eventually as I don’t think the devs want an unhappy player base. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’ll be disappointed to know this was not what they were aiming for. They wanted remote builds to get large chunks of footfall from their occasional visitors while high-traffic builds received a more steady influx of footfall. More steady did not mean more. This and the other footfall changes (like only one of each characters beacons within a settlement will get footfall per visitor) was meant to discourage footfall traps.

1 Like

They said that our footfall for the “busy” place would be about the same not significantly less

I don’t think so. The system before the update (which was admittedly broken). Gave us 80c (for example) for a player’s first visit and then nothing from that player if they visited again within 24 days.

The new system was to still give the 80c for the player’s first visit and then a smaller amount for each of the same player’s subsequent visits until the timer resets.

So, explain how that logic would give us around the same footfall or less and not more.

And yes, the system was to balance things out somehow around large footfall traps but the owners of those builds should be seeing around the same amount of footfall they received before the update, instead of seeing significantly less.

My own build is one single beacon on the outskirts of the city. I don’t get that much traffic compared to the center of the city for example. I should be seeing an increase. I am not.

But, we’ll get there in the end. Like I said. I have confidence that the devs will see us right. :slight_smile:

Easy. See below.

Scale down = reduced. We don’t know the specifics, it could start scaling as soon as the 2nd visitor. Only the Devs know.

Geez. I know what Scale Down means, Mr Smarty pants!

Anyhoo. It’s obvious the system still needs tweaking. The reduction in footfall we’re seeing is too significant and there are too many unhappy campers. (Unhappy campers = players).

I don’t believe the devs want unhappy campers. Do you? :wink:

Bomb mining? :slight_smile: It wasn’t as lucrative as speed hammers, but was still culled.

It’s a different story when we’re talking about the game’s economy and the only source of generated coin in the game. The bomb mining issue didn’t break the game. This issue has the potential to break the economy and therefore the game. If it wasn’t for the sink that’s been created with the Helix buffs, it might be a different story. But only sightly different. :wink:

Basically, it was easy to work around the bomb mining issue. Not so easy when there’ll eventually be no coin left in the game to circulate.

1 Like

My other half wants to quit now, she is pretty casual, and the beacon footfall kept her happy to keep building and expanding. Now it just makes her too depressed to look. @james Some of us can adapt to earn coin, but the footfall nerf is hurting all the wrong people!

It’s not a nerf.

Details here:

2 Likes

This is what I don’t understand (and she can’t get her head around) - Is that she has several little shops selling different things, and request baskets… fairly well connected to malls etc - and the footfall is giving her what looks like under 1k coin a week. She’s noticed a drop off in sales, and doesn’t know what to do… she can’t grind like myself to sell items that can pull in the sort of coin to maintain building, mining etc… The changes to FF just mean I have to put in a couple of more hours effort… but for a casual like herself, she’s screwed… no income from FF, and people appear to spend less now? or is it a population drop off?. My FF dropped but about 30k across my properties, and get about 3k now. Just seems very odd - and wonder what impact this will have across the economy.

1 Like

20c diamonds @Salvatory?

What was today’s update?

If we receive 25-30% of what we used to receive… It IS a nerf. I dont see any other way to look at it. I used to get over 1.5k nightly, I got 544c over last night.

All beacons over 10k, And its at a mall. Usually 1-2 people wondering around.

I have 1 odd thing happen over the night that i just seen. @james

544c beacon was completely emptied last night before i went to sleep, the 8k coin one had just shy of 1k, it was 864c or something close. Both the beacons touch and usually get close to same traffic. Before update the 544c got more coin daily.

Are the traffic being gathered per account or per character? The 8k beacon is first the others would touch coming in from a few main portals.

I can’t follow what you’re describing here.

Both of these beacons are in exact same area, receive almost exact same footfall. yet one gets7.5k and one gets 500c over the same amount of time.