This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
The update should automatically download on PlayStation 4.
Please close and restart Boundless on PS4 to encourage the system to check for an update.
Please report all issues discovered with the update with a new post in the #support thread.
The aim of this release is to fix a collection of rough edges that hit many new players.
The most significant change for all players is that warping home is now free.
Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
- Added an arrow that shows the steps in the tutorial to make following the tutorial easier.
- Added custom lighting to Warp Conduits during new user tutorial.
- Hide non-critical tips during the tutorial flow.
- Add an error log if you try to interact with a campfire, informing the user they cannot be interacted with or refuelled, and to use a beacon controller instead.
- On reaching level 10 and claiming rewards we now show a popup asking for feedback on the game.
- Make warping to your home beacon be free, rather than just allowing coins to go negative. All players can now always warp to their home beacon for free. This is to help players who get lost, or stuck on worlds with dangerous atmospheres.
- “Mapping the World” Objective can now be unlocked sooner by completing “Mountain High, Cave Deep” or having a Furnace in the inventory.
- The Core Objective “If you Build it They Will Come” has had its Prestige requirement to complete dropped to 150 from 200.
GUI + HUD:
- Add various icons and markers to the atlas when held up in front of you, as long as it is an atlas of the current world. Any settlements and players as well as your home and any currently set destination on the compass will be replicated onto the atlas with the same visual icons, as well as the top-50 settlements, and any settlements in your Places menu, and will also show any other players on the world even if not on the compass. The atlas will also show your saved locations and beacons from your Places menu with the usual planet-in-the-sky marker icons. No icons or markers will be shown if the atlas has any resources equipped.
- Made the atlas larger when held up in front of you to get a better view.
- Upon dying you will now be given a second choice, to return home via the sanctum. Technically this is not something new, as you could always do this by interacting with the second warp, but many users did not understand this. If you have the option to “revive” then this will replace the usual option to return to the sanctum.
- The game now supports Xbox One and Xbox 360 Controllers with relevant Icons.
- We will now only ever show the 3 most recent news items at the start of the game.
- Added an exchange promotion for upcoming special worlds.
- Added an exchange promotional item for our upcoming Gleambow Racing event.
- Exchange promotional items will cycle on entering the screen if there are multiple to be shown.
- Fixed a bug which inhibited progress in the tutorial for characters who have gleam club.
- Fix beacon refuel text when you need to get more plots from the Exchange.
- Fixed early tutorial so that the correct number of items are reported that need to be collected.
- Fix a crash with out of date clients when new time limited events are added.
- Fixed a client issue when returning home after death that could leave the client stuck in the sanctum if the connection to the server was lost (only applied to returning home after death).
- Fixed client crash when receiving rewards for >= 20 levels.