🎨 Rental Planet Colors

Afaik each type of planet is fixed to a range of colors, thats why lucents always look the same.

I have noticed that the palette I had and others have gotten had some new colours. Gleam on my world was stark green and came in three different ways, those kada like things, in a nice looking throne prefab and as single blocks in those Cardass style flat platforms

3 Likes

Or biitula!!!

^^ thissss

2 Likes

Right no doubt we haven’t seen all the colors in the “lush planet palette” or “blast world palette” yet but I’d be willing to bet that some items like black and some other pure color gleams, for instance, just aren’t available to the RNG.

Right, for this and other reasons.

1 Like

Well, if anyone is brave enough to select an Exo terrain planet…maybe…lol

1 Like

I think the developers need to be very clear on what colors can and cannot be spawned on sovereign planets. There are way too many different opinions on what will happen. If you are expecting people to spend real money, then they need to know what is and what is not possible. This applies to biomes and weather too. If you have a 10% chance to get a beckon type of planet, then let players know ahead of time. Then they can make an informed choice instead of being angry about the results.

7 Likes

As far as gleambow. Even if players add 97 colors of gleam. That would still leave 125 colors that are not on any of the permanent planets. How many are needed for gleambow to work?

2 Likes

80% water world, would in fact be something that I’d find fun. People could set up themed planets, in this instance an 80% water world being like the fantastic Kevin Costner film, Waterworld. A small island for people to start on, and then build their own islands in the world itself.

Being able to modify everything(meaning, whatever is allowed) would allow people to design specific worlds aimed at themes and promoting for more fanfare outside of the game.

Or maybe a completely desert world, with not much foliage, or water to speak of. A madmax/thunderdome type planet, with petrol reserves and lava in deep caverns, risky and painful to get to.

and as far as colors go, im sure the palette idea i have many would find horrible but I want a selection of black/greys/vivid yellows so i can make a Bumblebee planet.(yes i am obsessed with the transformer)

3 Likes

Would it be taboo to suggest that if players were given access to design the color palettes, then the gleambow event had run its course and served the purpose, existing until developers got to the point they could give players access to more colors?

Maybe it would let them implement a new event idea to take the place of gleambow? I hear oortstones are a hot topic. :wink: That’s a joke but still the idea is there. Not sure if it’s a taboo one though.

1 Like

I do not know if it is taboo, but I do know a good number of players like gleambow. My suggestion would be to substitute some kind of trophies for the gleam. Make some of them as rare as you want, but it would preserve the event.

1 Like

Gleambow is one of the most-liked and anticipated events in the game. They keep adding new stuff to it each time, so I think most people would still participate. Plus, it’s a way people can get supplies for free without having to craft them.

Perhaps selecting natural resource block colors would exclude gleam?

4 Likes

And I would not participate when that happens. Reason I do besides fun is the rewards are usable, a trophy is not

If they could re-implement the glyph block as part of the gleambow event, they could be a collectable resource that you can still build with. Make it so there are multiple glyphs that you have a chance of collecting - each giving a decent prestige value. That way they’re not a natural block that the worlds comprise of.

There are many more things that can be added to gleambow that are not natural blocks which make up the worlds.

11 Likes

It seems they more or less tried to do that last event with the addition of the gleamsacs. I’d hoped fun new craftables and collectables would allow the community to shift more away from this artificial colour rarity mindset of gleambow racing and more towards treating the event like all the others: a fun activity with seasonal rewards.

Every group I went gleambow hunting with last event let almost every meteor die just to collect gleamsacs. No one was worried about coloured building blocks then, only gleam and only for its artificially inflated value thanks to its limited sources & use with goo farming.
In all honesty I was more concerned with collecting foliage than gleam…

Also, the introduction of the augments which allowed groups of players to manipulate the gleambow meteorite spawn mechanics flooded the ‘economy’ with more ‘rare’ gleam than either of the previous iterations of the event. This, again, I’d hoped would allow players obsessed with controlling the access others have to certain colours to lessen their hold on such ideals. Apparently I was sadly mistaken.

Here we are, yet again, as a community standing before another gateway that could end some of the tyranny and allow everyone a bit more creative control over our building materials and environs vs economic control over other players. Unfortunately, I see no end in sight here and therefore have already pretty much lost all hope in these sovereign worlds. It seems as if they will provide nothing besides a paid safe haven one has plotting control over and little more than that. It’s a shame. :woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

Yeah likewise. I wanted to collect as much of anything that couldnt be painted basically. I love my tangle/mould/etc etc collections. And the foliage :heart_eyes:

I loved the previous gleambow events… this one left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth when it started becoming more and more like “farming” and less like collecting.

5 Likes

Ok, this I can live with!

5 Likes

around 194 exoworlds.

4 Likes

Based on Gorilla’s data which shows what colors have NOT appeared here are the % for color of each block we have YET to see.

Keep in mind, for some materials this is not accurate. For example…sand can be made from rocks which may have appeared in a color the sand has not appeared yet…and rocks can be block changed. But just based on this list of what hasn’t appeared, here are the percentages we have not seen in the universe in almost 2 years.

9 Likes

Not quite a good variety imo.

2 Likes