šŸŽØ Rental Planet Colors

Of course but I wouldnā€™t want a world thatā€™s 80% water or mostly ice fields and rugged mountains to call home.

I like big cave systems but not really into the ā€˜train tunnelsā€™ unless Iā€™m on an exo straight farming, theyā€™re not exactly interesting to explore or build into.

For me, there are plenty of colors acceptable for a comfortable palette, and farming can continue to rely on existing systems and also other planets people will activate/share strictly for color farming purposes.

I totally get it and especially for some items like gleam color would be super important to me. But still, the importance decreases massively if there are just single block spawns or boori/merika like stuff.

There are definitely perspectives and people will spawn planets for various reasons. But for me, who is unlikely to have a private world, or maybe one - I would want that one to be a comfortable and pleasant homeworld, far more importantly than squeezing in a particular color.

I definitely get that some people * ABSOLUTELY NEED * their unobtanium color to create their picture perfect build just as they imagined it in a technicolor dream or the whole game is ā– ā– ā– ā–  for them.

But for me I wouldnā€™t want to go to the trouble to set that up if itā€™s on a planet that I generally find unpleasant to traverse.

4 Likes

Im afraid of getting black gleam lol.
At this point its going to be a big drama the day it shows up.

7 Likes

ikr! lol It would probably have the ā€œnot accessibleā€ notice a lot. You wouldnā€™t be able to get on your own world

1 Like

AFAIK (forum/discord hearsay) there is actually a limited palette for the perm and exo worlds, Iā€™m assuming that this applies to the sovereign world generator too.

Itā€™s unlikely to be straight RNG of all 255 colors I think.

1 Like

I donā€™t see how this would make drama if black gleam spawned. If black gleam spawned then anyone could choose it after that. So when black gleam spawned Iā€™m sure we will get 5+ other worlds with black gleam within the week after the first one pops up

1 Like

Yep, my fake rental has a very nice colour palette and interesting features and would love a planet like that one day but not as my new home planet!

I love how Trung looks, it really looks lush. Could do with a little less water and less of those areas with trees in water and more rivers but overall its a very beautiful planet and would love it if I could get a rental just like it with a few tweaks.

If RNG roulette gets me black gleam on my planet, I am gonna change it in White :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

That moment when your new sovereign planet comes online and itā€™s basically Beckon ā€¦

10 Likes

I meant that Im afraid of it coming in an exo.

1 Like

Gleambow would be kinda pointless if all colours (or most) become available

Afaik each type of planet is fixed to a range of colors, thats why lucents always look the same.

I have noticed that the palette I had and others have gotten had some new colours. Gleam on my world was stark green and came in three different ways, those kada like things, in a nice looking throne prefab and as single blocks in those Cardass style flat platforms

3 Likes

Or biitula!!!

^^ thissss

2 Likes

Right no doubt we havenā€™t seen all the colors in the ā€œlush planet paletteā€ or ā€œblast world paletteā€ yet but Iā€™d be willing to bet that some items like black and some other pure color gleams, for instance, just arenā€™t available to the RNG.

Right, for this and other reasons.

1 Like

Well, if anyone is brave enough to select an Exo terrain planetā€¦maybeā€¦lol

1 Like

I think the developers need to be very clear on what colors can and cannot be spawned on sovereign planets. There are way too many different opinions on what will happen. If you are expecting people to spend real money, then they need to know what is and what is not possible. This applies to biomes and weather too. If you have a 10% chance to get a beckon type of planet, then let players know ahead of time. Then they can make an informed choice instead of being angry about the results.

7 Likes

As far as gleambow. Even if players add 97 colors of gleam. That would still leave 125 colors that are not on any of the permanent planets. How many are needed for gleambow to work?

2 Likes

80% water world, would in fact be something that Iā€™d find fun. People could set up themed planets, in this instance an 80% water world being like the fantastic Kevin Costner film, Waterworld. A small island for people to start on, and then build their own islands in the world itself.

Being able to modify everything(meaning, whatever is allowed) would allow people to design specific worlds aimed at themes and promoting for more fanfare outside of the game.

Or maybe a completely desert world, with not much foliage, or water to speak of. A madmax/thunderdome type planet, with petrol reserves and lava in deep caverns, risky and painful to get to.

and as far as colors go, im sure the palette idea i have many would find horrible but I want a selection of black/greys/vivid yellows so i can make a Bumblebee planet.(yes i am obsessed with the transformer)

3 Likes

Would it be taboo to suggest that if players were given access to design the color palettes, then the gleambow event had run its course and served the purpose, existing until developers got to the point they could give players access to more colors?

Maybe it would let them implement a new event idea to take the place of gleambow? I hear oortstones are a hot topic. :wink: Thatā€™s a joke but still the idea is there. Not sure if itā€™s a taboo one though.

1 Like