šŸŽØ Rental Planet Colors

Good call! I didnā€™t see before but I booted up the game and I see those T7 non exo profiles within the creative world prototype UI thing.

Deleting above post.

3 Likes

I will be honest I havenā€™t looked much into the forum or thread about colorsā€¦

Yeah much of the backer stuff was not delivered yet and I wouldnā€™t be happy to see more issues there.

I am pretty clear on how I think things should be and shared already with the Devs - either ALL colors are available right away and people can pick whatever they want and never change unless they ā€œstop paying for the rentalā€ let it disappear and then ā€œget a new oneā€ if they want to change colors OR a select set of colors (templates) are made available that people can pick from.

Personally I am tired of colors being ā€œrareā€ and hard to get for the average player and feel we should just open things up.

I completely against ā€œcubitsā€ or other costs around colors or planets options beyond the main monthly cost. A color reskin doesnā€™t make sense since a final means final. PLUS this could then be used to be exploited to get colors that are rare and be locked so others cannot get it.

7 Likes

I agree with everything you said, just wanted to point out that once a color is unlocked for one it is unlocked for all. The only way things can be locked is if the person who unlocked it whitelists their worlds and no other sovereign worlds with that color are ever made, despite it being an available choice.

If I win the lottery I would rent 500 of them! And send some more developers, haha

2 Likes

Depends a lot I think how they spawn them and how long generating one planet takes. If they can do it automatically and they can generate like 100 an hour setting a cap seems silly. If they need to do them manually and generating one takes half an hour to an hour or something like that I could see them telling someone ordering 100 of them ā€œok, we do 10 for you first, then a bunch for other people, then 10 more for you, etc.ā€

3 Likes

Some people expect rental worlds to do a gazillion different things, that one can change every single little detail but for an initial rollout of them that is not going to happen. I can foresee that we can have more control about how it looks one day but not from the get go.

To be honest I was rather surprised how far they already went with this! I did not expect the option to be there to even change the colour palette at all. I expected that to be something that would be implemented in a future update!

Question is how can they give us more control over how it looks? World Builder would be a possibility. They could allow already perhaps from the get go for us to send them a planet profile made by us and they use that to generate something. They can even re-use the same seed as you used so you know exactly how itā€™s going to look.

But World Builder is not available for everyone to play with and if you have no pc you canā€™t install it either even if they put it up for download for everyone to use. Itā€™s also not a really user friendly program to use.

So they need to come up with something more user friendly. Prefabs might be editable one day with an extension to the sanctum editor code. Perhaps they can make something that gives us a quick preview of a biome so we can tell the devs which biomes we would like them to use for generation (or a website/a program/part of the game/etc.) where we can add biomes and prefabs to our preferred settings.

But even then itā€™s not guaranteed you get a planet that you likeā€¦

This is gonna be a difficult thing to do and to satisfy everyoneā€¦

4 Likes

It seems like they were working on setting everything up, so that they could be automatically generated.

On testing, no one is paying for their temporary ā€œrentalā€ planet. Devs are letting us use one for free. I would imagine thatā€™s at least part of the reason they have to set them up manually.

1 Like

But that doesnā€™t mean it needs to be implemented in rental worlds 1.0 thoā€¦

That is the issue and why colors either be all available or not. Just another thing in my list of trying to push toward freeing colors and moving away from rare stuff. If we donā€™t do that then at least make Goo something that works better for the average player and is easier to acquire.

1 Like

I think, judging by comments on the forums, this may be in large part people are so desperate for content that they are reaching for whatever control they can get so that they can potentially just start making their own content. (themed planets etc to coincide with games and hunts and malls and etc)

Imagine a world with land at high altitude, and wildly deep canyons and crevices, unbuildable (so no platforms or bridges) and designed for extreme hunts. It might only be worth going to and running hunts on if people enjoyed a challenge and a reward of increased loot (probably not something that could be modified without restrictions) but I think the planet tool is a huge potential content distributor.

3 Likes

I know this is on creative, but these are the same profiles the world generation is using:

As you can see thereā€™s a T7 umbris for both exo and regular (these profiles start at 0, so tier 7 in that list is actually T8)

So I am assuming we can get a lucent rental planetā€¦

Endless goo, liquids and lucent gems since they will regen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope so. I dislike exo worlds but Iā€™d love a perma T7/T8 to call my own!

2 Likes

Isnā€™t goo limited to exoworlds like new liquids?

Well, this was saidā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s limited to T7+ planets as far as I know!

Only because we havenā€™t had any new perm planets since those came out I believe. They canā€™t add them into the planets that already exist. Just like how the old planets arenā€™t good for cave mining(the ones before malu etc)

1 Like

You can find cactuses from permanent planets.

You can find goo from lower exos.

Since when were cactus not around? Thought theyā€™ve been there since launch.

But I do know the caves are bad on the old worlds because the amount of work it would take to fix them. That is a paraphrase of a dev comment way back when due to complaints of how bad they are lol

Hmm, yeah indeedā€¦ Ok, then that is something we donā€™t know yet either then!

Yeah, and maybe thatā€™s an issue that some of the more ā€˜advanced expectationsā€™ stem from. Weā€™ve had access to this amazing (albeit not overly intuitive) tool that lets us do near anything, and then we get this.

I do agree though, I donā€™t know how they can replace the world builder in such a was that is is more user-friendly but retains all the power either. Perhaps they shouldnā€™t try. Perhaps the world builder could be a tool for people to create biomes that get added to a curated library, and then allow users to just select from the library. I know that would suck a little for PS4-only users, but it would be better than nothing.

1 Like