ReShade

How do I darken it? Or use ReShader?

Use reshade. I love how the colors look in dem shots.

First off, it is a little technical so if you don’t feel comfortable with any of this feel free to stop here. Otherwise, if you are on PC:

1. Download and run ReShade - https://reshade.me/

2. Click - “Click here to select a game and manage its ReShade installation”

3. Select Boundless as the application and press the “Use selected application” button:

4. Select which rendering API Boundless uses for you (which for most is Direct3D 10/11/12)

5. Then launch Boundless and Press the Home key on your keyboard and it should bring up an overlay which should be similar to the below image.

6. Select some of the options… I chose HDR, LumaSharrpen, Technicolor2 but feel free to use what works for you.

To note: This is not going to change any files in Boundless (I believe). But it does add files to your Boundless directory that you would need to remove in order to uninstall it. The below link explains the steps to uninstall it.

4 Likes

You da man

No just pc

1 Like

ASCII mode is a bit freaky

Kordaff

4 Likes

ty for explaining it step by step!

1 Like

when installing it I check market everything idk if you did the same or not

1 Like

yup after I installed it and upon seeing it not pop up with only standard/sweet checked i went back and installed every option.
definitely a good decision anyways for more options.

1 Like

For me, I have in game settings of bloom turned off btw.

HDR, LumaSharpen, BloomandLensflare (with bloom value at 1.000) and clarity.

current experiement

Before

After

And at night
Before

After

2 Likes

Great, thanks so much! I wasn’t sure what to click on that screen so I just went with what it started with.

1 Like

Here is my post with some additional addons to reshade. Basicly a “fake” Rayracing

2 Likes

now i understand what ppl in forums mean when they say “wat shader?”
neato! the warm orange wood looks yummy

3 Likes

that is sooo neato! i used a blog app a long ime ago that rendered all the images as askii

2 Likes

Actually … this has me thinking … perhaps reshade (or whatever) can be used to make gaming on a potato a bit more fun.

Like, quite often I’d genuinely be OK with “Playstation 1” style gaming. Meaning … no textures, just coloured polygons. :slight_smile: … Yes, yes, I know PS1 did textures, I’m just saying my perception as a non-Sony person (generally not a fan) was that there was a uniform cleanness to the polygon style back then which I actually liked (and still do) from an aesthetic point of view.

Anyway, yes … I’ll look into reshade as a potato leveller. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you can to do a black and white mode

1 Like

let them eat ncurses!

2 Likes

ooh … or Jet Set Boundless … cell shade the heck out of it XD

There’s a cell shade option? I missed it it seems

1 Like

Oh … I’ve no idea … just pontificating more than anything else. :smile:

Did a very brief StartPage search on it, and found that there was a ‘cel’ option in a previous version, but it was removed, and a lesser effect put in called cartoon.

That said, someone has ported this over …
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/3649ece4561013fda011ce21f62dff207014f020/Shaders/Outline.fx
I’m guessing that is a plug in or something for version 3 of reshade.