Ridiculous Roads

That’s a juvenile response at best.

1 Like

yes saw this yesterday it will be reworked sorry bout that did not know
that i can absorp 3plotss away from beacons sorry bout that :smile:

3 Likes

:smile: :smile:

4 Likes

This is something that will continue to come up (as it does in real life w/ community boundaries). Builds that don’t fit a community’s aesthetic, communities that feel encroached upon, etc.

I wonder if we can find a game system (or community approach) to dealing with this better than we tend to IRL?

That’s not a very constructive comment either :-/

3 Likes

sure…ok. Don’t get your panties in a twist :laughing: I don’t remember seeing any settlements along that road except one lone house and a castle and Moebius said he will fix it

2 Likes

i mean to be honest (and entirely fair) to everyone involved (in the entire game)…

As much as roads are a good thing essentially… it also takes up the entire planet so no one else (can essentially) build anywhere… it will put a lot of people off - others will think about leaving as well

@james you have to be careful with this kind of mechanic

As i said… i LOVE the idea if it serves a purpose… but hey… roads as of current have 0% use… no walk speed increase… no vhehicles… thats what i guess portals and warp crystals are for?

So, the best idea would be to come up with a way that those who want roads can have hem… those who dot want to see them… dont have to

@james - maybe we finally need new planets / new rule sets before this gets out of hand?

Addition: - a new player comes into the game as a complete nub… walks 20ft… sees a road… O.o the planet has been plotted already? finds someone to talk to… gets shown the portal networrk… uses portal… is met with another road… damn game is taken already! presses the refund button…

2 Likes

I know, my bad. I apologize @Jennadragonfly

4 Likes

So you did see the castle and the outpost? But continued with the road anyway. And this is where my problem is - that AQ are saying that they are trying to make sure they are being constructive and reasonable in their builds, but are doing the opposite.

i was planning lots off stuff along the road
a friend off mine is building reapapalooza :smile:
dont gonna say who haha
also was thinking an adventure park along the way and many more projects
oh i see only '4 people complaining wheres the back up arent there like more people in this game or do we remove it just for you 4 guys ?
hey @Jenndragonfly where we go over the ice we can put some fun slides
and maybe where we have the nice lake a secret garden
maybe a lost temple to discover
lets make this eyesoar fun
@Dunedragon care to help :smile:
#empire

i promise next time we finish the build in a 80hour marathon before you have time to judge it :joy:

6 Likes

I dunno, as more and more people play the game, this is going to happen more frequently; might actually be worth letting us feel the pressure for a bit longer to try to figure out other ways of addressing it

2 Likes

You’re being incredibly rude and treating it like a big joke - it’s not. It isn’t fair that you’re trying to monopolize a giant portion of the planet. And your attitude towards it here, is illustrating how little you care about the other inhabitants of the planet.

i dont even now what monopolize means
aquatopia is full off people no more room so what we do is make a road for more people
to join us like pixel did and every other city
we could also build it out house per house around us and give everybody a 2plot house so we dont destroy your half off the planet with our ugly road
think this will be my last reply to this unless people have questions they need an answer for

3 Likes

oh i never implied for james to get off his clouod and sort it out NOW this instant! (as much as i would love that mr god-person)

All i am saying is a consideration should be discussed for new and existing players so we can get a medicourum of agreement or whatever else…

@ComplexRogue7 has a VERY! (caps intended) good point… Building something for the sake of becomming god of planet bob IS part of the game… i agree… but i also agree with Rougue …

NOT EVERYONE! (caps intended) want to see massive towering city/roadscapes… so where does that leave people like me/@ComplexRogue7/her daughter… and a lot of other people who want to do their own thing (without the hassle of anyone else coming in and taking over the teratory!?)

I remember my days on Elopor… when i was part of (forced to be) Eloportas!.. and when i say forced i mean even though the town was about 10 plots (or w/e) from me… @Jeffrotheswell was still the mayor of my build… and not myself!!!

At the very least there should be an option button in you beacon that says something like Do you want to join XXXX??? and then things will be a lot smoother for everyone…

for example… i LOVE working as a community (and i am part of AP and helped with the road - am i bein g a hypocrite? no i am not, because at the same time on another account i love to play this game as i want to play it solo and on my own… and it gets XXX’ing annoying when someone takes over the entire area you are trying to build quietly in!

2 Likes

The devs will most certainly know a good estimate for player density on planets when the game comes out. I am sure that they will have ideas for how to add space say if the player base gets too large.

The discussion will go something like this:
Currently, at about 5000x5000 for each planet (I only looked at berlyn and no other planets so excuse me if they are different). This would mean that the surface area of each starting planet is roughly 100 million meters/blocks. Each player account may be able to reach maybe say 500-1000 plots on average. Not everyone builds just horizontally but let’s say they do. 100,000,000/64/750 equal to so fourth and so fourth.

@the road discussion
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is debatable whether there is any such thing as real “intrinsic beauty”. What looks good for one player may look ugly to another. This will always be a problem, but just because someone does not like a creation does not mean that they should remove it say someone else doesn’t like it. A lot of time effort was put into their creation.

The game will always have a little essence of first come first serve. This obviously is not the best for newer players but devs have discussed private servers and private planets before. We will see what they do with this.

2 Likes

we dont need this road for that we where 200000prestige away from capital without this road

thats what private servers are for not my fault where in beta

also we absorp one build by ACCIDENT cuase we did not know the 3plot away rule this can be easy fixed we just move it a bit away
from there i posted yesterday about this and got an answer why it was absorp did not have time to fix it yet

aquatopia has helped alot off new players and has kept some from leaving the game as it felt unsocial to them

4 Likes

Go easy on him. His English isn’t the best as he’s stated in many of his discussions. There also may be a disconnect in communication. While you may think he is sounding sarcastic or rude, he may be thinking or typing it completely differently and vice versa.

5 Likes

And here is the point the conversation is going to degrade. It may only be four people now, but it will grow as more people join the game and a lot more people will not agree with it. People arguing about IRL, game immmersion, etc., do you treat your IRL neighbors like this when you want to plan something in your backyard? Hey wanker, take off! I want to build my treehouse in your backyard too, so screw you? I don’t think so.

There has to be boundaries. I believe you should only be to go so far past the settlement as far as roads and building. If a person opts in to be a part of the settlement then maybe donate their plots and then that is as far as building goes.

2 Likes

I’m all for you being the Capital. It’s a great accomplishment you should be proud of, however it would be nice if you displayed some more consideration for other players when doing so.

3 Likes

Forcing players to other servers isn’t the answer either, IMO (especially options that they have to pay extra for). They might like the server due to cost, aesthetics, friends, etc

2 Likes

we did a good check of where it was going to go and theres nobody there

4 Likes