Ridiculous Roads

Totally my fault, lol. I made a giant hole as I was mid-build and he fell in it.

I spit out my coffee on that one. :rofl: I think some of us have a lot of those stories thru out our games. :wink:

2 Likes

ok back to topic and my final point (if i may)…

communities are awesome (i have even tried convincing @ComplexRogue7 various times to join without success i may add)

Because communities are flooding the game now, there seems to be no escape eventually… so those who want to do their own thing solo will be 100% screwed unless they can fork out for a server?

No wonder we don’t have a massive player-base yet (that and the pricing system of the game itself - how much it costs to buy - shows exactly the kind of game it is turning into… and this upsets me greatly!") point made :slight_smile:

I only have one thing to say here: @the-moebius is legend :sunglasses:

Ok, maybe a few things more:

He made a lot of people come together and work on big projects and thats the thing this game allows as much as some solo building (that I do a lot myself). He has always been considerable of other people and ready to talk to them. So, I think some things said about his attitude etc. were just a bit of overreaction.

Let’s cool it down a bit. Boundless has had an amazing community so far, attracting reasonable and nice people so far. Lets keep it that way.

11 Likes

and thats what i love about Moeb… and being part of a community (although i am very scared to type on discord now, because they are spamming the place up on their :stuck_out_tongue: and i am part of them) … and communities in general… but still… what about the little guy who wants to go and build his hovel… only to be overun by a stampeed of builders… and twinned with a town/city he had no interest of joining…

boundmore you a legend to :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I agree that he can be kind, but I also think that he’s not showing everyone the consideration they deserve. I’ve said before that it’s awesome that he’s made a community, it really is, but there are some people who just like to exist without interference. So indeed, what about the little guys? I don’t think it was unreasonable to ask for more consideration to be given.

naah graham just talk on discord no worrys
if i could make road just road i would do it emediatly

1 Like

@Graham-B seriously? we are having a private discussion on Discord, and if you want to be heard, then just answer. No one is forcing you to be a part of anything you don’t want. And @the-moebius you have my full support.

4 Likes

Thats thing to be resolved in future I believe (maybe soon enough maybe a bit later) as the game evolves from early access and closer to the final release shape. I myself would love an option on my beacon to not be annected by other settlements.

For now its all about communication between people and being patient and understanding (non-judgement is essential).

2 Likes

The expansion is odviously not the issue? The abrupt manner on how it was done surprised some players… One of them had no other choice but to move, normally Aquatopia has move at a comfortable pace while they get more people. Instead of "I have this long road, come settle’. What may happen is ultimately, people may, but the castle or Outpost crossed maybe be forced in again by beacons from your new residents. Possibly look at the events that occurred

A problem in Moebius Plaza

This is not that much different in my opinion. A player(s) doing what they do within the game parameters because they can. Whether you can do it doesn’t make it good or bad This guys actions could, and possibly would have been accepted differently if had take a different approach (inform the community) ask for permission. What has happened here is basically the same, a group has done something that other players don’t find agreeable. Do I believe it was done on ill intend to become capital? No, do I think it negatively impact people? Yes. As you read the thread those are our thoughts and opinions on this road, if you decide to keep it or not. But next time someone does something that you may not agree with you back off if the player(s) agrees to continue with their actions.

5 Likes

They also haven’t done much marketing, website is incomplete, game still incomplete and a lot of people might not want to fork over the money for something incomplete. I surely didn’t. I was following the game for 2.5 years. Forgot it’s name 3 different times and kept searching for an hour to try to find it. Finally got it last month.

This approach is a fairly conservative one. It’s good they aren’t pushing too much marketing right now. We surely don’t want another no mans sky situation.

When the community grows I don’t think that the forums will be as tame as they are now. Just a fair warning for everyone :confused:

3 Likes

oh we kept running out off place for new villagers some want 150plot homes
we could not keep up now we got room for our big projects and one build was absorp by accident i did not wanted that to happen and was looking to sort it out but hard to do in one day we could have easy put the road elswhere
i was making a post to figure out how this could have happend and felt bad for it also his neigbor has a 150plot build and was contacting me to link did not get one mail from the guy just had to read it here what happend

4 Likes

oh btw we did not need this road to become capital we where allready practically there anyways

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t believe you’re being malicious, but it would defintely be nice if you could just take into account other players that don’t want to be a part of AQ. And it’s not because I don’t like AQ, I just don’t want to play as a big massive community, y’know? The road was paved passed the castle and the outpost I mentioned, and it didn’t seem a friendly thing to do. I have no doubt that my opinion is going to be quieter than others because I’m not the one with the giant community to stand behind them, but I still think it pertinent to share my thoughts.

3 Likes

The good (and bad technically) news is everything will be wiped at 1.0! Our creations may be archived, but there will be a clean slate.

In terms of making suggestion measurable, what you are suggestion is limiting the surface area that someone can build on a planet? I personally think that this is fair.

Playing devils advocate what would you do to prevent a popular boundless personality like Moe or Boundmore get a group of friends to create something similar just using more people to create their vision?

1 Like

I think it’s always going to be difficult when a big group get together. There have already been people saying Moebius has their support, which of course he does, but what about those that aren’t a part of AQ and don’t want to be? It just sucks is all. I’m sure a lot of people now here will hate me, but I’d rather stand up and voice my opinion than zip my mouth. I just try to be constructive, although I slip as can be seen in one comment above.

2 Likes

Of course, Aquatopia is growing and it needs space. I encountered the same issue in black light. I did it differently as I wanted to keep things in the same area. So I understand where the expansion is coming from. That’s why I jumped in this thread to try to give order to everyone’s thoughts for your attention to deal with.
But sometimes, a simple acknowledgement is enough to answer a persons concern. “Got it, thank you.” And explain it on the post you got in mind like “got it, post with more details on its way”.
I do hope this expansion is what you needed and are also able accommodate the settlements you went past by keeping control of that area and give them their space. I am sure everyone else here is older than me so I am sure we are able to have a constructive exchange.

3 Likes

People all have their own opinions. Sometimes someone may simply be hated for voicing their opinion even when it’s a good one. Best thing is for everyone to remember that we all love the game and the vision that the devs have! That’s why we’re here :).

While it is harder, it is not impossible. Let’s say that I play the game strictly for hunting, and my friends love to build. I’m probably gonna give my plots to them so they can make something nice for me. I know that this already happens on a fairly large scale as of right now. Simply having friends who play the game would make a builders life easier.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m happy with my mountain and don’t plan to expand. Phoebe (my daughter) is happy with her swamp lol.

3 Likes