Ridiculous Roads

Happens in a lot of game forums. Difference here is resolution.

3 Likes

They dont
i did not. Know the3 plot rule and was not gonna. Anex anybody but it would help if they did. Tell me If i. Did not notice it happend if you check aquatopia oficial post its actually one off our only rules not to annex builds without consent

4 Likes

I don’t want to seem like I am taking any sides. Moeb has been helpful and great. You and Graham are great too and have already contributed so much to the community. Regardless, this is not the full release community. When 1.0 hits there will be a lot of arguments thrown around here and there about what players should and shouldn’t do. There will be larger player groups who may seem hostile. That’s one of the downsides of playing an MMO of this caliber. It is kind of a given that other players will affect the way that you play.

Personally, I am also someone who believes that someone’s opinion should never affect my enjoyment of a game. If someone rubs me off the wrong way it doesn’t mean that I’m not going to play the game anymore, it just means that I had a bad experience with someone I may not get along with and/or may not want to associate with in the future. If it’s one persons group that makes you feel unwanted then I encourage you to make your own group and become your own leader! You are someone who I would want to get to know better so I don’t see why others wouldn’t :).

In a way, it is somewhat of a social experiment as the previous commenter had mentioned because this area of the game simulates how people claim land and interact with each other. Albeit this is a game and we are much more civilized than say pilgrims pillaging the states.

This is what sets boundless apart from other games though. The interconnectedness. Strip that away and you’ll see that it’s not very different from other voxel games. I don’t want to sound like I don’t think the game is not unique because it truly is.

All in all, I think as @james had mentioned in the other post where the misundertood gentleman had been building some art over the plaza there needs to be a way to filter out some players just in case there is that disconnect. I am not pointing at anyone person specifically, but eliminating this kind of unpleasantness is important to retain all players, and that is something that they are ultimately going to have to come up with

4 Likes

I will definitely purchase a server as I have done on other games. I saw Boundless at E3 the year before last and waited until now to purchase it. I should’ve waited until 1.0 but there we go. Phoebe likes it now, as do I, so we’ll just make sure we keep to ourselves and use other portals that aren’t near AQ.

Something different now - nothing about game mechanics and such.

1.Sure we can’t have full control over what happens around us and what others do and how they treat us (supposedly).
2.Sure we can chose our attitude - that freedom can never be taken from a person.

So, one thing that someone builds an eyesore next to us or swallows our settlement, and another thing how we react and how we judge such an act. It’s better to be slower in making assumptions and communicate first. Set our standards high and let’s not make it drop because someone else doesn’t seem to have the same social attitudes. It’s easier to turn a potential grief into a resolved misunderstanding if there is no quickly passed judgement involved.

2 Likes

Sigh - you know what makes me sadder than anything else? Phoebe chose a quiet swampy area for her tree and I’ve just been there and now there’s also a big road just beyond the small ice hill beside her tree too. This is just so heartbreaking to me. I can’t wait until 1.0 when I can give her a whole server to play on. I get there’s varying opinions on this. But you know what, my opinion hasn’t changed. Yes, this is an MMO but I suppose like other MMO’s a large group of players are always going to ruin if for everyone else. I don’t see that his can be stopped. It was my hope that people would see reason and just have a little respect for others, but what happened was some of Moebius community were rude, and most dismissive. I too was rude, for which I apologized. I didn’t get the sanme courtesy. A little kindness goes a long way, but where this topic is concered, there just isn’t any. You all might think that Moebius is fabulous, fantastic, awesome because he’s built a community that you may or may not be a parrt of, but what he’s done is dominate areas he doesn’t need to in his ‘City Wars’ which oddly seems to be a war against no one because no one else is trying to outbuild you all. Perhaps some of you may think I need to develop a thicker skin, and I’m sure that many of you dislike me now for making a stand against this kind of dominating practice, but I still have my morals, and I guess you guys have your road.

3 Likes

@ComplexRogue7, I feel so bad for you and your daughter with all of this and the road is still under-construction and will be decorated eventually, so there is still time to work around this.

Maybe we can make an entire section of the road by your daughters swamp ruined and destroyed looking so it blends in to the surroundings, semi-hiding the road, would that deal with at least some of the problem.
It could look like the swamp it self swallowed the road.

Also knowing @the-moebius (don’t take my word exactly about what he is feeling this is just my opinion), I would say he feels sorry for this, and I was with him during the early part of making the road, when we ran into another build, we planned to go around it from the beginning, and we would have been more careful with road placement if we knew we were nearing your daughters swamp and your base.

No don’t feel like we dislike you, you have been a great part of the community since you joined the forums, it would be really sad if any one disliked you because of this thread, you are just a mother looking out for your daughters enjoyment of this game.

2 Likes

Next time maybe mention that swamp was near the road now im gonna leave this post

This is one of the reasons why I am concerned about settlements branching across an entire planet. I personally feel that you shouldn’t have a settlement that can essentially have 2 major builds with the same name, connected by a long winding road. I’ve brought it up a few times in the past when I first noticed how easy it was to absorb other builds (with or without consent).

I’ve written a post as part of @Dzchan94’s suggestion post here … Plots and settlements

My suggestion goes some way to address this issue (and some others that have been bothering me also). It certainly wouldn’t prevent long distance roads from being built, but would somewhat mitigate the desire for them to be built just to join up with other builds for prestige purposes. It also means that any roads that were built “out of a settlements influence”, could essentially become part of a completely different settlement.

13 Likes

no worries… i got confused/mixed up (as always) meant nothing by it…

1 Like

exactly and i have seen this (and got VERY confused) on Therka… not with a massive road… but with Therka Market and HOM… i was travelling to therka for the find Capital city quest… and just past the Gleam Spire in the middle of nowhere i entered Therka MArket therer were a few portals, but could not see the Therka market portal anywhere…

looking around for a further 20 mins (the yellow marker dissapeared) i finally found the Tunnnle of love portal to therka market- (i was nowhere near this portal when it called itself Therka Market)

1 Like

Is it possible we all have better things to do today (and every other day deeded us by the universe) than litigate this endlessly?

2 Likes

I’d like to say “yes”… but :lying_face:

2 Likes

I agree. There’s no need to extend it. I replied to someone this morning and then posted again when I went to fuel Phoebe’s beacon and saw the road at her place for the first time. I think opinions have been made. I have nothing further to add as attitudes won’t change.

5 Likes

OMG is this thread still going on???

1 so over it Hansolo GIF

4 Likes

Not until you replied, no.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Ok everyone just stop now, go and cool down, make some food, get a drink, do something else, I’m starting to get sick of this thread and the back and forth arguing, and can some one please close this thread.

hey @Stretchious can you just close this thread please, before it get really, really out of hand.

2 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes