Role Call Test/Live

Totally agree with that. I’m demotivated but not unhappy about that. Peaks and troughs. I’d rather be happy and enthused for launch anyway so some downtime is not a bad thing.

On the sandbox thing: last night I was logged in with the boy and decided it was finally time we saw all of Therka Market, because at some point it’ll go. I’ve run round worlds looking for regions for the feat, but rarely slowed to look because I was lower level chasing XP and a wrong turn often led to a pitiful demise. Now it’s time to slow down, forget resource hunting and look around a bit.

I agree the reward for a level past 50 seems a bit tight but that’s been addressed elsewhere with the currency & reward picking system they’ll implement. One benefit of being a L50 optimised for hunting is I can now roam around without worry just looking at other’s builds etc. Like phil says, we make our own game and story here, for now at least. I’m not always comfortable with that - sometimes I lack ideas on what to do - but it seems perfect when you’re waiting for a wipe.
//
I’m paranoid there’ll be far too many players at 1.0 and I won’t be able to find my pretty, fairly isolated spot I’m after. :slight_smile: I plan to build a first, very basic base out of mud or similar and sit out and see how things settle.

5 Likes

I’m going to be looking for a similar spot to build, I’ve got a good idea of the features I’ll be looking for and I’m pretty sure I’ll know it when I see it. My main concern will be getting down a beacon and then accumulating as many plots as possible initially to lay out the footprint of my build. The actual building will come later once I’ve secured the main area I like.

4 Likes

I had this idea too, but it occurred to me that it may be difficult to plan this from the start, given zero resources and the need to build them up along with my character. So I do wonder, depending on how many players there are, if my ‘endgame’ build will have to wait for a while.

I’m initially just going to lay out plots on the horizontal plain at just one height as I aquire them so that the plots above and below are reserved then that way once I have the resources and skills I’d be able to begin building properly later on.

2 Likes

I’m just worried about as I try to acquire land, people moving into my area and blocking my path. I started playing a little less than a month ago, and even now I’ve had three other people pop up with their mud huts in my backyard. Most of them have left. One is still around. I think for the first month or so after launch, I’m going to live in a hole in the ground. I’m going to gather up as much coin, resources, and levels as I possibly can, and then, once the game hits a play/planet equilibrium, I’ll find a large area of free land and claim it all in one fell swoop.

10 Likes

I think that’s a pretty good plan. It’s very hard to predict, until things settle down, where the hubs will be as well. So if you want to build that awesome trading megastore, ideally you’ll be within portal’s reach of one of the main planetary thoroughfares.

The current example might be, say, Moebius Plaza in Therka Market - if you’d bet on somewhere like Vena V as being a good place to build in relative peace, but wanted to connect seamlessly to lots of footfall, making that decision early could prove problematic later (given there are limits to the number of hops a portal can give you).

So your approach means that you can make that decision a bit later.

2 Likes

That’s the same thing I’m worried about which is why I’m just going to start plotting and not really building and if the area I’m plotting gets compromised then at least all I have to do is Un-plot and find another location … perhaps I’ll just build something really ugly and minus prestige to begin with to put people off building too near me :grin:

3 Likes

Lol!!! Forget mud hut–you’ll have a mud mansion!!

3 Likes

I’m still very keen on renting a world, so I can start working on the massive build I have planned without having to worry about how close or out of theme other players around me are. It would also allow me to scour the planet for the best location.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to find out roughly what the pricing tier is going to be for private worlds

3 Likes

Or worry about resources… And hopefully being able to fly?
Please? :wink:

I really hope not. People being able to have their own worlds with private resources already leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lets keep pay to win features to a minimum.

With an abundance of common resources such as copper, iron, silver etc. I don’t see those as creating a pay to win scenario as they’re generally available on every planet. Gems and special blocks on the other hand would raise concerns for me.

1 Like

These worlds wouldn’t be connected to the main universe, though. It wouldnt really matter if the world is disconnected, right?
@Stretchious wouldn’t worlds connected to the main universe be limited to the main universe’s resource profiles? So, it wouldn’t really be that OP to have gems as they would be the same abundance on any other world. The only issues I could see are if there weren’t enough worlds of that resource and it was being constantly farmed, but with the amount of worlds that are supposedly coming, I doubt there will be any issue

1 Like

Blocks of rare colors will be seeked, that’s already an advantage. I don’t know exactly the restriction on rented planets, are they level 1 only?
Anyway the rented planets is a feature that is asked a lot and the positives outweigh the negatives. I’m just saying it should be kept in check. I get really nervous when I hear ideas about giving more practical features with them.
@willcrutchley I thought you were talking about connected planets. Yeah if it’s not connected you can do whatever in them it’s not my concern, go wild.

2 Likes

And about the main topic, I play only on live, And I try to ignore the wipe thing. I usually play games for some weeks/months and then feel like playing something else. So a wipe in a bunch of month will probably have 0 effect on me. I think everybody is over thinking it. We’ll see what the devs announce when they announce it. But devs will be devs, there’s going to be delays, etc. I’m not worried about it. I’m just enjoying the game.

3 Likes

It depends on the world you are on while creating your private world.

3 Likes

I created a new thread so we can keep this one on topic ^^

I feel like there is something to be said about those high level private worlds

2 Likes

Counter
https://steamcharts.com/app/324510

Well I am playing live now, with the new planets now.

2 Likes