So the limits are
3 skill sets per character and
10 characters per account?

Thank you for getting the numbers!
That got asked a lot.

4 Likes

Yeah afaik those are the current limits

1 Like

What you are talking about is unavoidable since even if we were limited to 2 whatevers anyone with money can buy X of accounts and have X*2 of those whatevers so it can’t be avoided. I can have as many accounts as I want to get what I can’t with one account. E.g. when I needed more plots like a year and a half ago I bought 4 accounts and progressed each of those to get enough plots for some builds. So why not allow users to buy those directly with one account? that’s not a pay to win.
One thing that bothers me a bit is the animation/sounds when you open those reward chests or whatever they are called, it’s to the letter compulsion loop, good thing is that for now we don’t have anything to be compulsive about. I hate gambling mechanics.
You say that next thing coming is pay to win for sure, but that’s not the only option, we can get awesome cosmetic upgrades that will not help anyone do anything except customize char as much as he wants, so there’s that. Until actual pay to win shows up I don’t think we need more of these false alarm threads.

@anon73404375 said it best, nothing to add except -1 :smiley:

5 Likes

Are we going to miss the mud huts (hey, at least they look better than the horrible gleam towers) and the people there? Whether on your planet, my planet, or just in the wilderness on a sparsely populated planet I won’t miss the giant stores or urban sprawl a bit. If forced into having to see urban sprawl and ugly builds designed for the misnamed points and footfall income rather than looking decent I’ll gladly choose the swamps, or another game.

3 Likes

peace y’all :v:

4 Likes

like what i see -1

1 Like

That’s a -1 from me too :-1:

4 Likes

63 - 8^2*(|5 - 6| + 2 - 8^(1/3))

13 Likes

I just checked your math… Welcome aboard.

9 Likes

minus one.

1 Like

So some FYI on this topic…

Most of my concerns where based on skill sets just being a process of clicking a button and realocating your lvl 50 skill points…

However Jiivita has confirmed that you will indeed have to earn the skill points for every skill set which really changes my view point on this mechanic… While I still have some concerns with buying multiple characters the skill set situation seems to have been a non issue! So I will be changing my vote too a:

11 Likes

I think you guys are wrong, the Exchange isn’t PTW! so ive played a few games that were free to play during the development and then went into PTW. One I remember most was allods online. I don’t know if it still likes that. but you had to buy for real money and only real money, boosts to DMG, magic find, XP and so on. if you didn’t you were not able to play the game because it was pvp when you got up in the higher lvl you were at a huge disadvantage.

Rember that this was pvp, and boundless is mostly PvE, i can still play the game, I can still get all the boost in the game so far, i can still do everything in the game. it just takes a longer time. and even buying plots won’t help you as you still need to build in it. buying rests and skill sets is not the best way to unlock the game fully, its to lvl up alts. with the respect and skill sets offer you is convenient but it will take you longer than lvl up an alt.

Everyone wants this game to continue, be there in 2 years 5 years maybe even 10 years. and how can they do it? well, make content like expansions. well, this is really paid to win as you have to pay to get this new stuff. then you have the subscription still pay to win. you can’t get into the game unless you pay. then you have microtransactions and there are two ways to go sell the thing that players need to get an advantage over other players, this idea is stupid as then everyone will have to buy it and then it’s just a subscription in a different form. Then microtransaction that will not break the gameplay. everything in Boundless Exchange right now doesn’t break the gameplay, plots, respect, skill sets, more characters change appearance. I mean come on its just for the convenience. then again you get cubit in the game from playing the game and that is more then most games do, time vs money. and when we get to pay for ower own worlds and such its still for convenience.

The game has to make money long after the release of the game in order to keep it going. and most of you guys in here is probably not buying the game again. I would say that the game is going in the right direction for the Exchange for the long survival of the game. Great work devs!!!

4 Likes

Ok so now everyone agrees there is no P2W? Awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Just my two cents here.

Pay to win with this game? Is there even an option for pay to win?! I dont even see where you are coming from.

The devs are introducing a way to help support them if us players are so inclined to help.

Yea omay so what, you can buy cubits to help in game. Buying plots and skills and stuff. But right now, is there an end game? I know personally i have 1200 plots on one character And yea i have 2 characters and a another steam account with 1 other character. But that dosent matter in this case.

This about pay to win. Please elaborate on what you mean by pay to win? What is the end game in boundless? Yea okay a builder might finish a project that has taken them months and months and hundreds of hours of hours to build and maybe they bought another 500 plots to do so. So what? What’s the matter with that? I do not see a big deal with that. You can still earn cubits with regular game play.

So what if someone has a builder and miner character, or a builder crafter… we were all at one point everything we needed. I know 2 years ago before skills were implamented everyone could do everything they wanted with no issue. So what if one player can do two or three things at once?

Anyways i digress. In my mind there is absolutely no way this game can turn into pay to win. And frankly i like the idea of being able to support th3 devs and keep this game going all the way to full release. Forget 1.0 or 5.0 if it goes that far. Lets get this game to a full polished release state and lets be a team doing it. There is no point in squabbling about what , ifs or why the devs are doig what there doing. And lets just roll with it

Lets all be the adults we are and keep supporting the devs with this awesome game that they are developing and lets play the ■■■■ out of it!

2 Likes

-1 from me.

The exchange they’ve introduced is in no way, shape, or form p2w in my eyes. Having been through a metric @!#%-ton of games in the past that had cash shops and that went full-on p2w I can confidently say that what’s proposed here is reasonable and absolutely nowhere near p2w.

On launch I will be happily dropping some cash for cubits to support this amazing game, this amazing dev team and to fuel my need for Boundless in my life.

If the day comes that Wonderstruck starts selling instant level 50 boosts, caches of gems and dark matter, extra skill points atop what one can get naturally, or “Scrolls of Forging” that guarantee max rolls and stats at the Forge for one item of your choosing then that’ll be the same day I ■■■■■ about p2w. Today is not that day. Today is a good day.

10 Likes

A single person could not run a hub but with five people though, you can. And thus there will always be the disadvantage to the single players, unless they group up, so if they payed for an extra skill set, the single player would have more of a chance to be in the runnings for hubs and shops, but if five people grouped up and did that, they could make a super city, and no one could compete. :man_shrugging: +1

Just to be clear, you can purchase the extra skill slots completely for free just from your free cubits you get while leveling @Kilbo.

I think people always mix p2w and p2convinience in my mind.

8 Likes

This is a pretty weak argument on being able to buy plots, skill sets, character slots, etc. with cash.

An individual player with no support from anyone should never be able to easily run some sort of portal hub (Moebius didn’t do it alone with Aquatopia). There have already been plenty of people who have worked by themselves to build a shop and make it into a high traffic and profitable store with practically no help or any at all.

In games like this, a group is always going to be superior to the individual, standalone player. That should never change ever.

On top of that, you will earn enough Cubits for every level up past the max level of 50. So you can grind out Cubits for whatever you need. It isn’t going to break the game. You still have to actually play the game to use any sort of advantage extra skill sets and character slots provide… or even extra plots.

Another thing to keep in mind, this partial quote. . .

Kind of suggests to me that everyone should be forced to be on an equal playing field no matter what and regardless of how much work, effort, and time someone puts into coming out ahead of someone else in building something awesome, having the most profitable shop, or maintaining the most used portal network/hub in the game.

I will tell you this, there’s always going to be a rainbow spectrum of people who are at the very bottom and who are at the very top. The thing about competition is it will force those that want to compete to be creative in how they approach the problem before them; which could be anything. Competition is a good thing. Having a winner and loser is a good thing.

A single person shouldn’t be on an equal footing as a group of players working towards a common goal. That just absolutely makes zero sense.

3 Likes

To be totally honest, as long as you can’t buy ingame materials, I don’t consider it pay to win. Especially if you can earn the Cubits at a decent pace ingame.

2 Likes