On November 22, 2:30 PM CST (20:30 UTC), the server will enter maintenance mode for an update. Approximate downtime 45 minutes.
We will deploy a fix for a specific bug relating to incorrect prediction correction. While we can’t be sure this will fix everything, it’s likely the root cause of most issues being seen.
A few notes about the issue from Blake:
- It would have started to manifest on or around November 16, maybe a day on either side
- The bug would only show up on worlds that were spawned at the same time as the game launched back in September 2018
- The bug was not explicitly related to latency (however, high latency would likely make it more noticeable faster)
- The bug has also existed in the source base for around six years, i.e., back into Early Access times but would never have shown up before
- The bug was in no way affected or improved via server restarts