Shimmering orbs

why do u ask so many questions that can be answered with: it is like that, get over it? u dont need gold or silver to get gems.
i dont say that iron is overpowered. i said: iron is good and good enough. and especially good enough for ur first gems. Several days ago i mass crafted my compacted diamonds i only(!) got with some numbers of unforged iron hammers so dont tell me iron is not good enough for serp. i laugh at this failed comment
my total lvl over all of my characters is more than 150. good enough for u?

I managed to get my first set of standard coils using iron. I then went and stupidly bought a titanium hammer and with that and a few more iron hammers Iā€™ve nearly got my next set of coils. I say stupidly as I realised at the weekend them at titanium hammers only need 500 powerā€¦queue spending ages trying to find shimmering orbs. Iā€™ve now got 10 titanium hammers waiting for me. But finding the shimmering orbs was a bit of a pain. Easier at night but they are really rare.

Oh ok good enough for you is you saying that as your opinion. Ok I see what happened lol. The majority of players that i know (and on here from what it looks like) go from iron STRAIGHT to titanium. The fact that you use iron to mine gems (as me and my friend do) proves that there is no point in making silver and gold toolsā€¦ correct?? Exactly what Iā€™m saying so I donā€™t understand your argument. I also never said I DIDNā€™T mine gems with iron. You did. Stick to the topic. If you have an argument about WHY silver and gold tools SHOULD be used than say it. But you just said you use iron only so which is it?

2 Likes

ā€œGet over itā€ is not an intelligent argument so either back up why silver and gold are in a good place or donā€™t because you look foolish. I never once used anger or sarcasm but maybe itā€™s because iā€™m an adult? Lol

1 Like

thats what i was answering tooā€¦

i never wanted silver or gold tools to be used more. I think u misunderstood me there, too. But i disagree with u to buff or change those tools. they are a niche product and they should stay a niche product. Iron is good enough to make the jump to titanium and power coils

A niche product to do what? A superbly designed game means there is a reason for every item in the game world. Iā€™m not sarcastically asking what is the niche purpose then. Im literally asking. If you made special tables and cool fountains or cosmeticsā€¦ awesome. Or the niche is that they are needed to make titanium alloy. Ok sickā€¦ then why have them as tools then? This was never the rant that you seem to think it was. I posted questions to help make this amazing game better. I literally have called myself a noob and asked people to comment. Itā€™s a discussion. And you saying silver and gold is a niche thing does not invalidate ā€œsilver and gold tools are not worth itā€. It is just an opinion of yours that you want them to be niche. Fineā€¦ for what then? So we agree that silver and gold tools do not progress the player? Then just agree with me and we can move on. If not tell me why iā€™m wrong. Iā€™m a 35 year old man for christā€™s sake. Make a good point and Iā€™ll say ā€œoh ok coolā€ instead of telling me not to post something and then saying ā€œget over itā€ when you have no argument.

i had situations where copper were the better choice over iron, and it is like that under some circumstances with silver or gold tools. If u have gold leftovers before u can make titanium stuff there would be an equal if not greater amount of people wondering why theres no tool made out of gold directly, even when this tool is not for everyone

Okā€¦ copper was the better choiceā€¦ because it was cheaper and you had more copper than iron?.. or another reason? ā€¦ even soā€¦ copper tools are noticeably worse than iron, because copper is easier to get and is found more often than iron. That is balanced. Thatā€™s not the case with iron , silver, and gold. If you told me they are making silver and gold veins as abundant as iron then iā€™m right there with ya. The rarer something is in the same item typeā€¦ the more powerful it should be. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. And again you didnt need copper to make iron tools. Such is not the case with titanium thatā€™s all

copper tools are faster. in a situation where u need 2 hits or 1 hit with both tools to break a plant or block (and this is totally dependent on ur power and other damage skills) copper is better

Right like you wouldnt use gem hammers to mine a lvl 2 world. But thats just you using the right tool for lower level content. Iā€™m talking about player progression. A copper hammer would never be better on a lvl 3 planet (example) because we have iron. Right nowā€¦ with midgame progressionā€¦ not FARMINGā€¦ there is no even player progression to go from iron to titanium tools because silver and gold donā€™t really fill that enough to justify not using iron. On a level 3 planet for example iron is absolutely the clear winner to use after copper as you progress from planets 1 to 6.

Actually there is a progressionā€¦ using silver and gold to make titanium but the tools are almost obsolete thats all

So I did a round on Bes for some shim orbs and found maybe 40 while hitting 12 zones (give or take, stopped to get gleam) and that was enough for me to make about 40 titanium hammers which is pretty damn good. But thats just 1 person cleaning out a quarter or less of a planet and this can be done every 4 hours. So ya it ended up working out for me but I can imagine itā€™s a pain when you run around for an hour right after someone just picked it clean. I suppose with the epic gathering perk I would have netted more but meh. Figure I try to lighten up the mood :sweat_smile:. It would be cool to see how many players actually play at peak times. Is the game on steam? Anyone have rough numbers?
I also realize how hard this is for the devs because itā€™s not like Conan Exiles or other games where you gatherā€¦ as in Conan they only have to balance the spawn rates for those people in the server (mostly because people pick a server and play, they dont move) , where in Boundless the whole population visits the one world.

I canā€™t remember how many orbs iā€™d get before patch using fists, but today after going on my hunter (gathering epic used) i hit 8 glow caps as I was hunting and every single one gave no orb. Is this a bug or normal? It felt abnormal to me

This isnā€™t supposed to work anymore

u reacting to a month old post there

Dangā€¦ itā€™s gone?

And??? Thank you for pointing out the obvious but the information is still valid for players reading this for the first time.

u wanna go through the whole forum updating all through the patches outdated information? good start there

You can get 150 in 45 min shoveling growth

That a hell of alot better then my 50-60ish in an hour running from hotspot to hotspot on my atlas. Now that i got max luck I just might try that method.