Sling Bow Overview Chart

Finished testing all the sling bow mastery ranks and threw this together for reference

This is Pinned on the Discord “Questions” Channel as well

I’ll work on adding this to the Wiki soon when i get the chance

Enjoy ^^

15 Likes

You’ve been busy lately!

Thanks @Jiivita. I can better optimise my point distribution now.

4 Likes

lol i have to make the most of what time i get to work on stuff like this XD

… time to start on hammers =P

6 Likes

So, let’s see.

Sapphire is the high-end charged alpha-strike sniper.
Amethyst is the high-end SMG.
Emerald is the high-end charged alpha-shotgun.
Diamond is the high-end SAW.

Ruby is the quality charge-jack of all trades (DMR?)
Topaz is the quality SMG? (but silver seems to be better even without mastery compared to topaz with mastery?)
Titanium appears to be the quality DMR (non-crit).
Gold appears to be the quality DMR (crit).

Iron is the economy basic rifle.
Copper is the economy handgun.
Stone is a cheap 20 gauge shotgun?

4 Likes

I forsee a LOT of usage of Silver, Diamond, and Ruby weapons if this is the case

Probably Sapphire/Amethyst/Emerald for days in PvP though.

I suppose Diamond will see use in both. I guess it’s the automatic jack of all trades to the Ruby’s charged jack.

Topaz just seems bad for a gem weapon? It’s got nothing at all going for it unless it fires way, way faster than the other autos (that would be in line with the topaz grapple and hammer, more or less). I assume Ruby fires fairly quickly for a charged bow too.

1 Like

Is this with power as well as mastery?

1 Like

Listed damage is with 0 power and 0 mastery… in other words the base damage… testing the affects of power is on the list of things to do =)

1 Like

I’ll be transposing this info to the wiki, using a reference note to your original post as the source.

By the way, could someone please leave the discord channel link? I can’t find an active link on the forums and nobody is replying to my pms lately.

2 Likes

Really? I found Ruby bows to be rather lackluster

In testing all bows “felt” like they had the same fire rates but I did not get supper scientific with it… I think I’ll revisit that soon just to make sure

1 Like

Nope, just mastery. I can tell because my copper does 405 with 100 power. 270 x (1 + 0.5 [from max power]) = 405. (I have no slingbow mastery at all.)

Power can be easily calculated though, as it’s a flat increase of +5% damage per 10 points, or +50% at max power (100).

The only odd part here is that my copper doesn’t do 441 or 442 on crits… it does 450. This leads me to believe that either Jiviita’s listed +9% crit damage for copper is either incorrect (it would have to be +10% if the game engine rounds damage up to the nearest 5, or +11% if it only rounds up to the next whole number) or I’m not taking something into account…

It definitely doesn’t round up to the nearest 10, otherwise I wouldn’t be getting four hundred and five on normal hits.

1 Like

I’m sure the game does some measure of rounding… plus my numbers are rounded to the nearest %… plus the displayed damage can sometimes be a bit Goofy lol

Tool tips and how the skill is coded are rarely the same ^^ I tend to assume as little as possible =p human error and all ^^

Ruby may not have great damage or range, but it has good charge and good crit and decent range.

Also it’s insanely easy to get, and the weapons very much seem balanced around that, with sapphire and amethyst being the best alpha and DPS, but super rare/difficult.

On second assessment, perhaps Diamond is more of an auto-jack than Ruby is a charge-jack? All in all, diamond is relatively easy to get, and produces a long-range auto bow with good crits (if less damage than Amethyst does at shorter range).

Also Gold seems to be quite a bit better than Ruby, same as Silver is better than Topaz. Is Topaz really that easy to get?? Then again, maybe Gold has that “really low durability” thing like the Gold hammer does?

2 Likes

And yet the tool tip and the experiential damage bonus for the copper slingbow mesh perfectly.

As for tool tips not doing what they say… that seems to me to be ENTIRELY the ones that are completely broken (except for regen. I have a feeling they changed those values [since they scaled unevenly from one rank to the next] but didn’t update the stattribute wording).

All in all, I’m inclined to take Power at face value. It’s doing exactly what it says with copper, so unless it goes wildly off the rails with some other material…

In addition, Vitality, Dexterity, Control, Agility and Intelligence all do exactly what they say on the tin (difficult to test Luck…). The only problem child here in Attributes is Endurance, and it’s completely broken. Everything from displaying incorrectly (read: not at all) in the UI to not actually getting any extra points (yeah, it’ll say xxx/1,200 or whatever you have it ranked to, but it will never ever go above 600/x,xxx) to not actually being used for any actions (as far as I can tell).

1 Like

I feel that is a safe guesstimation… sadly I don’t have fresh bows for durability testing… although I could test the lowbies to see if they mirror hammers xD

Oh ty, I had plans of doing that at some point… but there are only so many hrs in the day… certainly would save me from having to learn the wiki

Discord link

Thanks for the link. Just finished adding it in a simple format, have a look;

https://boundless.gamepedia.com/Slingbow#Mastery

I’ll be adding the rest of the info you have on each material’s sections later on. Like base damage and range etc.

1 Like

I’ve also added this info (circumspectly) to the “Which Skills Do What?” post. Thanks for the research Jiivita!

1 Like

Looking perfect guys ^^

1 Like