Snow ❄️

Anybody else trying to build and snow is making it really hard to see colors.
I literally have to wait for the snow to disappear before I can continue with my build.
My question: is their a way to turn down the intensity of the white shader when it snows? i would be cool if nothing turned white at all.

8 Likes
1 Like

Though thats great advice for building and dont get me wrong I LOVE the snow but when I’m mining gleam and snow rolls in sometimes I cant tell what is gleam and what is rock anymore :joy: not a huge deal just minor I Inconvince like the long lines at Wal-Mart

2 Likes

these things are just temporary it’s something that has to be accepted, they cannot add features to everyone likings, adapt yourself to the game system not another way round :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Would it be possible to add a real snow layer on the ground for next winter instead of a white out shader. Could just break the snow to see what’s underneath it. Since the shader seems to go into my house aswell.
Could just have snow blanket the world one time over we could pick it up and place it down or remove it.

3 Likes

Just gonna say I love the snow and hope it comes back next year, along with other seasonal effects.
Would be cool if it was an additional layer that had to be broken to disappear, or “melt” during regen.

I still get excited every time it snows, even if it’s bipolar and on and off every two minutes. :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

7 Likes

I like the snow effect and think it’s pretty but have also felt like it is in the way during building. The hard part is I’ve felt this way about the same plot of land!

I don’t think there will be a passive way to make everyone happy and the problem with a setting to control this stuff is ppl forget to enable them again once they get annoyed once and turn them off.

My suggestion is for an item we can craft that excludes an area from the effect. So we can plop them down like a light source to exclude an area. It’s much less time consuming than building temporary roofing block by block

I love how the snow texture “drifts” in through open doors and even the vertical half-block “window slits” I have in my build. I thought it is all very well done!

-R

5 Likes

I love the snow effect, but as you would in reality, when the snow storm starts you do something else if it’s a pain to build or forage! I think more weather effects should be encouraged, how about epic rain storms with lightening and thunder, tornado winds throwing you around if you get caught in the open, I think the game could do with more immersion like this.

1 Like

I draw the line at tornados, but a rainy season with epic lightning and :notes:THUNDAH :notes:would be awesome. Maybe by then we can get some parasols to show off. :blush:

Extra flower showers in spring too!

1 Like

Don’t write off tornados! Think of the fast travel possibilities :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol pull a Mary Poppins. XD

This is a cool idea and something we’ve thought about. But it’s not obvious how it could be implemented efficiently. If it snowed across the entire world then we’d need to update the entire world (and hence every chunk of the world) to contain the new snow blocks / slabs. But this would invalidate everything in the cache and require everyone to download all the chunks again. Hmm so not so efficient. It would work. But then the poor regen system would be fighting against the snow falling.

It would be pretty trivial to implement - but would be a pretty significant bandwidth cost for all players. (And we try really hard to keep the bandwidth down.)

The snow fall is now part of the weather system so it will remain after the event.

The special case during the event is that ‘rain’ was always upgraded to ‘snow’. So after the event it’ll still snow and start raining again.

I would like to add a weather bomb that would allow players to manually trigger different weather states. Maybe something to include in Farming.

Thanks!!

We could like to link some more game play to the weather. It’s been on the todo list for a while.

For example, we have elemental rain that doesn’t really do anything at the moment.

9 Likes

Yes, it’s incredibly annoying as it snows every few minutes.

I am building a massive project at the moment that requires a lot of different coloured blocks and some chisel changing - it’s a painful process right now.

Devs : could you turn this down please for next year, not everyone wants to do the event continually and it is affecting certain aspects of the game and activities we do.

1 Like

Would be great if there was a weather slider in settings to adjust intensity.
Weather effects also need to happen with far less frequency, IMO.

1 Like

I don’t mind the snow but it happens far too often. As it’s suggested elsewhere that this is going to be a permanent weather effect , this would actually have me leave the game as it ruins certain activities such as building and gathering.

Snow is for Christmas only imo and the frequency needs to be drastically reduced or for it to not actually cover blocks so intensely so that you can at least build without having to stop every 2 minutes.

3 Likes

I’m ok with the new snow effects but after the winter event, I think weather and especially snow should be WAY more infrequent.

(Frequency during event was great, gave us lots of opportunities for snowball fights and candy canes!)

As I’ve said. During the event rain is promoted to snow. After the event this will be disabled. Hence less snow.

1 Like

Speaking of events can we get fireworks for New Years

1 Like

I’m sure they can code that up for you on New Year’s Eve! :roll_eyes:

1 Like