So what would you like to see in Boundless?

Dont we already have flying structures? :laughing:

Edit.

Also I hope these guys can actually break things like in the picture…

1 Like

It’s number 5 in the current list I believe?

1 Like

Oh skipped that one.

1 Like

I believe the idea mentioned in the past is that cores from titans could be used to make structures that could actually fly, with motion and everything, in the world. So you could make like a plane, or the house from Up, etc. etc.

This kind of mechanic was discussed when ground bashers were first being explored so I hope so too! Would bring some challenge to combat if shelter could be destroyed!

1 Like

I was talking the other day on discord about Titans being able to “destroy” buildings but not permanently, just for a couple hours with fire effects and smoke.
It would make a cool landscape after a battle with one.

4 Likes

How are you determining the order exactly? In any case I approve this message.

Suggestions:
AoE chisels
Rounded corner chisel
Spherizer chisel
Steep and shallow slope chisels
New enemies (doesn’t really have to be titans, people just want any new enemies)
Dungeons
Furniture - interactable or not. It should be relatively easy to bang out 50 new furniture props. I can’t find it in search but I made a topic with tons of ideas before

2 Likes

I would like to see chairs and tables reworked to at least look useful. Right now they are just way to small lol

Legitimately surprised that “Clothes” are almost last. This is one of the Top 5 things I keep seeing people complain about all the time.

I dont think he was ranking them. Just listing them

Uuuuuh… ^^

2 Likes

That would be amazing. I’ve played several games where it was a feature and it was always fun.

1 Like

Ladders
And
A furniture design table/micro blocks to allow us to make our own detailed furniture/decorations… imagine being able to place 8, 16, 32, or whatever number the devs see fit, blocks in the same block space via ether micro block system or a design interface… it would be insane if each could be chiseled with the current chisels too.

I find the “Standard Furniture Concept” a bit boring. A bit like giving a pre-filled out greeting card… “hey look at these nice things someone else wrote… I scribbled my name at the bottom :stuck_out_tongue:

If we could Design Furniture blocks and “craft” them as placeable segments… there would be a whole new market for Builders to profit from their trade :scream:

I have no idea if something like that is truly feasible… dream big I guess

3 Likes

I mean… if the devs have to spend 5 more years on developping that, I’m not sure I want it. ^^

If you think about it, pretty much every single block we currently have fits the “pre-filled greeting card” descrption. You like them or you don’t.

But this brings me once again to say that we should be able to share modded block textures on the Steam Workshop, and the best ones are added to the game for all to enjoy.
Then maybe the player who made the block texture gets compensated with Cubits or something…

But Ladders? Heck yeah!
I can’t believe we still don’t have Ladders! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

i mean i guess… generally players don’t place one block and call it a home… they combine (hopefully lots of different types) together to make something unique… show off their creativity. I thought it would be cool if players could do the same on a smaller scale to make furniture that was detailed AND fit their build style / envisioned look. You would expect an oriental home to have different furniture than say a castle… :man_shrugging:

what if i wanted a king sized bed instead of a twin? I guess a modular furniture segments could facilitate that to an extent. :thinking:

For what you’re suggesting to work well, I would expect a whole new set of UI with some kind of furniture-maker with 3D preview. Say you want a table, you’d select if it has one leg, or three or four… if the top of rounded or square, maybe hexagonal, and you play mix and match with the pieces…
But then it sounds like such a :brain: :point_right::ok_hand: to even imagine how that would work. And people would then request more options to have tables with 2 legs or 7 legs…
It would basically be like wanting to integrate 3Ds Max into Boundless.

The other option there would be for the devs to produce standard furniture first, then put up micro-transactions to sell packs of furnitures fitting other styles than the default ones.
It’s what you usually see in this genre of games.
Either that or players mod content.

2 Likes

Top on my list right now are these:

-Underwater breathing (potion or food)

-Another “Critical” Weapon on par with gold tools/weapons (we have Damage, Speed, and Far Reaching things. Dunno why the only critical focused things have to be such a low material.

5 Likes

This is probably not what you are looking for but large smoothies work as under water breathing brews

3 Likes

i was thinking something like this but more like reusing the current building mechanics / like MagicaVoxel… select blocks/chisels from your inventory and use them in the design window… that way you can have a table with 20 legs if you wanted.

could also do it as micro blocks and place them like any other block in world… but if they are too small then it would be hard get the right view to place them properly in many situations, and the end product would be non shareable / copyable (in absence of a blueprint system)… i wouldn’t want to have to build 20 tables of the same style with micro blocks… just to realize they are all one block off :scream:

I think modular forniture or decorations will come. One of the updates on glass mentioned something about a change on the game to make this possible in the future iirc.

Like we have the pattern on ornate glass so why wouldn’t we have other blocks that behave like that?

The order is in tally marks of how many people want that certain thing. So if only one person says they want it in this post, it’s on the bottom of the list.