Is there a Development Roadmap

Sure, they do communicate. Their com-work is far from none-existent.
But if you compare it to a lot of other games, it’s not mind-blowing either.

Wonderstruck’s communication is pretty much limited to talking about the stuff currently testing very openly (excellent!), and whispering about upcoming features in vague terms from time to time, or to some chosen-ones in DM, so that the common player still doesn’t know anything specific.

For a dev studio that kept all of its promises and only adds stuff on top of what was promised, I’m like “eh, they don’t need a roadmap, we’re all good”. But for a dev studio that is behind on promises and has chests full of things stuck in concept-limbo, I feel they owe a roadmap to the players, to centralize information on their progress. Again, I can’t stress that enough, a roadmap doesn’t necessarily mean “we promise to release by a given date”.

3 Likes

Please post examples.

1 Like

You are not talking about Dev Update here on the forum, right?

2 Likes

I was just about to say, “please paste this into the search and hit enter for an example of how these updates used to be: weekly dev update category:8” :joy:

Just typed that as i feel like a road map gives expectation on features that might or might not come.
And bring its own problems with it about a feature that possible got scrapped or pushed way back to what ever time.

Like now and again titans, hunter, shields and so on gets mentioned as in where are these features and are they ever coming?

I like te surprise now and again as “hey new blocks added in this update” or “emoticons” (even though it got a little push back).

Not saying wouldn’t like it just don’t need a road map.

@Clexarews im sorry but im not scrolling trough all those random posts where a dev mentions something.

@cuzzea think that answers that :wink:

Again most haven’t been “here’s an update”.
And the past month or two honestly don’t know as I haven’t been on the forum as much.

That’s fine so long as you understand that the burden of proof to provide evidence for your claim is on you and that by refusing to do so your claim lacks any sort of persuasive power whatsoever. As @cuzzea and I both showed, there used to be WAY more transparency and communication nearly…wow 3 years ago now.

As I’ve mentioned before I don’t think they need to go back to something quite as detailed and lengthy as those posts used to get. But some sort of update would be nice.

1 Like

last post is from 2018 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be easier to track granted.
Don’t feel like i have to prove anything as I didn’t stated that it was a fact.

If it where i would have been busy for a few day’s scrolling through this forum.

Not sure how I was supposed to know it wasn’t a fact or a claim from this post. You provided no means of identifying this as a joke.

If you post something without any sort of indicators of humor or sarcasm then at that point it becomes a claim (definition: statement or assertion that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.)

If you’d provided backing evidence then you could have made the case that it is a fact. Instead you said that you haven’t been on the forums much in a month or two yet you’re still getting involved in a discussion here about weekly forum updates.

I’m at a bit of a loss for words but hopefully the irony isn’t lost?

One question are you sure you have read the complete post?

Think its pretty obvious.

All im going to say.
Aside from that always post my opinion.
Only fact when im sure and done my research.

All im going to say further.
So instead of pointing fingers because of “reasons”

Lets get back on topic.

Sure, I’m fine with moving on and getting back on topic but not before pointing out that you started your opinion after what you just copied above and with a preface of “all jokes aside”.

Maybe there’s a cultural difference here but I’m not used to the joke continuing after “all jokes aside” is used. Today I learned something new so I will use caution in the future, thank you.

Don’t have to… but if it makes you feel beter.

Where is that road map… we need one…

Show me the most recent “What are we working on” threads/posts on this forum by a Wonderstruck/Devloper-tagged account.

He already said he doesn’t want to and that it’s an opinion with no basis in fact.

1 Like

I’ve always held out high hopes for this game but these are the same conversations we where having a year ago and nothing has really changed. The game looks great but lacks substance (things to do, change, exploit etc.) People wanted that next Minecraft that looks good and you can play on public servers. Trouble is all games look great now, even Minecraft and there’s still not that much to do :thinking:

1 Like

Check post again maybe now its clear…

So you state something that SOUNDS like it’s FACT, and not opinion, then when you get requested to SOURCE your facts, you turn around and ninja-edit this:

Very contradicting of yourself sir.

Guys, maybe you should let go of hitting Tmmk with a stick. :stuck_out_tongue:
I mean, clearly, he likes it, but that’s beside the point.

As someone who has “searched the dev posts” here’s the only upcoming tidbits we’ve received that I know of.

Jess posted a picture of some trophy/totem items which look like some concept art posted earlier.

Ross posted an image of a giant couch in progress which might have something to do with the modular furniture system proposed by Jiivita with a response from Ross.

Ross mentioned he was working on combat at a higher level.

Jess is working on something.

If you know of more please feel free to let me know. I miss @dwarvenname’s custom devlog :frowning:

2 Likes