Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

It’d be nice if there was a big shiny ‘confirm’ button at the end of world creation…
after the screen that asks if you have any comments, is it done? Just waiting after that?

1 Like

then it’s gonna be natural distance as per location in the universe - so if you have a seovereign 1 blinksec from Flan (attached to it), then distance from that sovereign to other public worlds will be very similar to Flan distance to other public worlds

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it.

I’m good with functional.
Fancy costs extra time & money. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

yes
10-20 mins for world generation and below a minute for world deployment - since there is a queue…
I waited some 4 hrs between 1pm and 5pm (ish) - that’s Londodn time

3 Likes

Seems pretty good. It’s a pity that there isn’t a way to see what world-building options you’ll get before officially buying, but I guess we’ll get a Jivita video at some point. Maybe you can put that up on the page once it’s made?

It’s a a bit of a shame that even the smallest planet is at the top end of what I’d be willing to pay for what I think I’ll get out of it (especially in these more uncertain times), but then I suppose I only have so many family members and don’t like enough people around here to have to worry too much hitting the limit of 10 concurrent users. Now I just have to persuade them to give Boundless another go…

As a side note/future project, what are the chances of providing long-term storage for offline worlds that we don’t want ‘right now’, but may want to bring back a year down the line. Obviously there’d still need to be some cost, but I’m sure it’s something you could offer far more cheaply if enough people wanted it?

2 Likes

@catfud
That would be quick …
Send a PM to the Great OortArch, and ask if he can’t manually remove those b alls for you.
Would be a shame to abandon leave such a beautiful perfect new planet :innocent:

i say NO to world TAX rate 10% on sovereign! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol, the censoring of b alls is hilarious, every time I read it as “b alls” my brain decides it needs to be pronounced “buh alls”

3 Likes

Mine too lol

1 Like

I think you should be able to set your tax rate. And the Sovereign owner does not pay taxes. Then also allow worlds to be aligned to guilds and any beacons aligned to the guild also get no taxes.

Oh, and taxes go to Sovereign world Owner (or guild if aligned).

2 Likes

or :honeybee: alls

3 Likes

I don’t have that… is it maybe because I’m on my phone? I only have the «View your order» and «Visit our store» links

Thank you for helping me :blush:

1 Like

Brains are weird. I’m glad I don’t have one. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Should be two emails. One is a confirmation and the other says purchase. It’s in the purchase email

1 Like

That would be a very nice feature. Long-term storage can be very cheap. They might have to set a minimum wait time between archive and recover, though.

2 Likes

I ordered one 3km, T6 Burn, sovereign world on USE - hopefully it will be ready after work in 5-6 hours <3

If it’s ready when I can play, I will try to map the planet and give an update on what biomes I see / if I get any that weren’t requested / am missing any I really wanted.

Level 4 (1 req)

• Gleam Lake
  • Redwood Forest

Level 5 (3 req)

• Ancient Temples
  • Beaches
  • Castle Mountains
  • Jungle Cliffs
  • Jungle Temple
  • Lake Hills
  • Large Meteor Strike
  • Maze (just because)
  • Small volcanoes
  • Snowy Redwoods

Level 6 (5 req)

• Castles
  • Flat Top
  • Kong Island
  • Mountain Roads (hoping for a lot of these)
  • Volcanoes

Level 7 (3 req)

• Ancient Village
  • Mount Doom
  • Poison Cliffs
  • Tiny Islands

Level 8 (1 req)

• Spiral Forest
  • Tentacle Outcrop
6 Likes

I wish I would have kept track of the biomes I used but I ordered two worlds; one creative and one survival. Both level 3 lush worlds on US West. I can’t wait til they’re ready!

1 Like

Even in the winter looking biomes?

Didn’t get a second email, probably cause I paid via paypal :blush:
Oh well, I’ll just wait, I’m sure it’ll come

Thank you for helping, appreciate it

1 Like

Yeah, that seems reasonable. Given most long-term storage solutions have a minimum billing period or length of time before they can be accessed again, it’d only be fair to transfer that to us. If I wanted to close down my world for now, I doubt I’d worry too much that I couldn’t reinstate it for another 90 days (or whatever it is).

2 Likes