Sovereign world build: Aurum Citadel & the City of Aurum

With Sovereign worlds on the horizon, I’ve been feverishly planning a new large scale build to focus my building time on (and to hopefully get me back into streaming more often on Twitch).

This will not only be a bit of a beast of a build, it will also need to be dug down 5 plots below water level to accommodate its overall height (which is ~29 plots tall).

I recently did a small prototype piece of the build on the Creative test servers, for which the theme will hopefully carry on throughout the rest of the build. You can get an idea of the scale I am going for…

I wish I could claim credit for the design, but I can’t… so, here’s the reference image I found on the internet which the whole build is based upon (original artist unknown)…

It’s going to be one hell of a journey and I invite you to join me when I stream it on Twitch! I’ll be announcing on Twitter when I plan to stream.

53 Likes

THIS is the scale I have dreamed of ever since the Kovah project, I can’t wait to see it come to life!!

12 Likes

Will you build it in creative or survival?

Also you made sure it fits on the world?

2 Likes

Future of Gaming

7 Likes

Oh, it fits. It just needs something like an 18000 plot crater made.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to watch you stream, and to visit and screenshot when it is complete! :smiley: So epic, absolutely love the design! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes exactly that lol.

If it was me I probably would start building in the surface just to find out that the damn thing doesn’t fit after days of building :laughing:

3 Likes

I was planning on building in survival, as I know I will get bored just building in creative. Although the scale of this thing probably justifies it being build in creative lol

Unlike the Exodus, I’m going to start with the surface level and then dig/build down as I go. I’ll end up leaving a lot of the interior hollow until I have enough plots to do more.

10 Likes

it is glorious, and after some chiselling it will be even gloriouser, judging by the BL shots :slight_smile:

pardon my nosiness, but why is the top dome thingy off center ? interior? perspective illusion ?

6 Likes

I didn’t know how big the area under it was going to be until I started working on the rest - There’s a possibility that top bit will change by the time I get to it (maybe making it longer, or more central).

2 Likes

Are you going to be grabbing your own planet to build it on? If so, I hope you get the terrain you prefer most! That’s an epic build. It deserves to have epic terrain to compliment it. We all have our definitions of what epic is so I hope you get yours.

1 Like

It grows daily. I’m pretty sure if sov planets don’t drop soon @Stretchious will have an entire village wrapped around it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Shhh… I may have already started working on the farmlands next to the river… with the bridge over it… next to the mill :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

So i am not alone. My dreams and will are not friends though :joy:

6 Likes

Well for sure that will certainly gonna be a grand building :+1: :+1:
However, you might want to contact James to ask if he can raise the :boundless: world ceiling of your future planet.
… It works a lot easier from water level going up instead of going down :wink:

1 Like

lol yeah it probably would be easier :joy:
Although I kinda like the idea of having a big city within a lush canyon with a bunch of waterfalls coming down it’s walls.

4 Likes

Reverse google image search is coming up with “Soar - The City of Rise” by Pengzhen Zhang

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAOWNd

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Thanks!
Now I wish I had known that before I had made the whole thing in MagicaVoxel :joy:

5 Likes

I’ll definitely be checking in on this as you build it. Very nice.

4 Likes

Looks pretty fabulous @Stretchious

3 Likes