Still No Steam Support, Copied from steam!

You know this isn’t a Wonderstruck issue, right? The players have decided to post here. This is where they go to talk to other players. I also don’t see how the Steam forums being more active will draw people to the game. We have community groups on PS4 too and no one is saying let’s go there. I could make a post telling people I want more people to post in the community groups on PS4 much the same way you have here about Steam, but to what avail other than to satisfy myself. Your argument is that it will draw more people to the game, but how exactly? People are often redirected here so it’s not like they can’t see that the community is highly active.

2 Likes

We hear you, loud and clear. We are trying to explain & help.

With games, the majority of the community gathers in one place. For Boundless, it’s here. Not Steam.

You have asked people to post on Steam. If you’ve noticed, some members of the community have done exactly that. Most people don’t want to post on Steam though. You cannot force people to do something that they don’t want to.

As a PC player, the last place I check for info or a community is on Steam. The only time I access it is to purchase a game. I wouldn’t play 1/2 of the games that I do if I went by the misinfo and reviews on Steam :woman_shrugging:

For example, one of the recent posts on Steam asked “when are the servers shutting down”? That’s not helpful for Boundless, nor constructive in anyway. No one wants to contribute to that.

8 Likes

I don’t see the point of posting on the steam fourms at all.

I think anyone who’s interested in the game will likely look up these fourms, especially given how much major vex has been posting on the steam fourms to visit here instead.

There is absolutely no point to trying to make steam fourms look active when everyone uses these fourms.

Additionally, your comments on the steam fourms so far, demanding information from the devs, then being continuely demanding when they don’t deliver on things like titans, I would deem to be quite toxic.

If you truely wanted whats best for the game, you wouldnt be making doom and gloom threads such as “How long will servers continue to stay up?”, which implies they will be shutting down.

If you truely think this community is toxic you havnt played games like League of Legends and Vega Conflict

7 Likes

Ah not everyone. Wait until you play Rust or shooter games. Man, Rust was traumatic :joy:

4 Likes

Ok, so you comparing steam to ps4, I don’t play ps4 so i cannot speak for it, however i am sure if the ps4 store had the same level of design that steam has in terms of there own forums, it will be used more so than this forum.

However it does not to my knowledge and steam does have and it is vital to the game. Its impossible for it not to be.

Again I am not asking of anyone to leave the forums only for those to be active on the steam side of things to gain new players.

ikr!! In most games I have to turn the mic off and one voxel building game is so I toxic I had to make a few eff bee eye reports.

2 Likes

Thats topic for a different discussion, however seeing as you brought it up allow me to present you with a screenshot of features that are missing from the since 2014. The green arrows shows whats in the game currently and the red vice versa.

So yes, if asking where this content is, is being toxic. Then ill wear that badge.

Its not simply asking for it, its the way you asked it.

3 Likes

Unless I’m mischaracterizing @MrCoezzy here, I believe the idea is that since Steam is a direct market spot for the game, and generally interested players might not know about or bother to follow links to these forums, then the steam community is the first impression prospective buyers have to the game ON THAT PLATFORM.

I honestly do understand why this community does not use the steam forums- I personally find them to be one of the most toxic environments outside of some reddit subs on the internet. But putting my own experience and bias aside, I can see and understand what they are suggesting.

Frankly, the attacks on OP for a simple suggestion like this only prove their point.

3 Likes

I don’t think I did anything wrong, I think im very polite considering

I appreciate that!

1 Like

The game was released in the fall of 2018. Anything promised or promoted since then, is what needs to be in the game or added.

I’m glad the game has greatly progressed from what it started out as. The graphics are 1000 times better, there are more blocks for builders, more abilities, etc.

8 Likes

I didn’t want to argue, but this is getting silly. Your dismissive, I must be right and everyone else is stupid attitude is exactly why most of us from steam don’t spend time on the forums there. We don’t know you enough to hate you, and creating a martyr complex for yourself doesn’t help your cause, it just seems unnecessary. Just because we don’t agree with you doesn’t mean we don’t care about the game, it just means we don’t agree with you.

8 Likes

Completely ignoring the features that were promised and denying it. Like i said this is not the topic i wanted to discuss and believe you me, I can fight this topic.

However this is not what i came here to speak about. I came here because the game needs new players and I want to help.

However i’m being attacked from all side of this wonderful and beautiful community that is so willing to help and share their love for the game. Yeah nice community so far!

How am I being right, The game has very little players and I want to help bring that in and fix that issue. I only asked for people to active on the steam forums for potential buyers.

I’m just going to mute you and move on. Good luck in your endeavors.

10 Characters

3 Likes

(you posted it, but now you don’t want to talk about it?)

Reference please as to where these features were promised as of 2018, for anyone that has purchased the game since then. It’s a good thing that the game has progressed from 6 years ago. Otherwise it would be stagnant and out of date. The servers have changed since then, I believe some of the devs have changed since then, PC & PS hardware has changed since then…

1 Like

This is ridiculous, I came here to speak about getting new players, you are turning the topic and attacking me now that you are alongside your buddies for actual features promised during the development stage.

This is a new low for the community. These features were promised to be there before the release of the game.

The way this community has treated this topic and discussion is absolutely terrible and proves everything I ever said about this community.

Wish everyone could relax and just know most of the time theres no right or wrong, just different pov. I am here envying you all wasting your time arguing :joy:. My eyes have been sore since a few days and i cant play much if at all (that’s until they heal). Go play you ungrateful citizens :joy::joy::joy:.