Still No Steam Support, Copied from steam!

I disagree with that. The forum where players from both platforms can participate IS the place that should be the most active.

It feels like you’re trying to dismiss the PS4 players somehow. If steam was the go to spot where would PS4 players get a place that is active? If these forums here were less active then PS4 players would feel like the game is doing badly. A PS4 player has absolutely no need to go to steam, create a steam account even tho they don’t use it, only to discuss the game they like…

While the other way around is easy, everyone who plays this game already has an account that you can use to post here, it’s the WOnderstruck account that was used to log in to the game…

4 Likes

You’re the one who bought up the lack of promised features. Additionally, most of us are having a civil discussion about it, despite what you may believe.

If this community is as bad as you think it to be, then why are you still here arguing about how to get new players? Why does it matter at all?

We’ve made our point clear, but if you cant accept or understand that then that’s on you.

I give up

You are all amazing people, amazing community. Thanks for the support!

You don’t have to sign up, you already had an account with the WS account…

Why would it be ok for PS4 players to create a Steam account just to discuss the game?

It makes no sense to me why this is so important to anyone. What does it matter where you can discuss the game as long as there is a place for it that is active?

The whole separate screens and stuff is weird, you’re again dismissing half the player base here and when I do play on PC I also do not have a window open with the steam forums, for any game, besides to do so would still mean overlaying the game or having another window, so why not just open the official dev forums instead?

4 Likes

Actually you were the one that brought up that topic, I only defended myself!

I only asked for people to help make the steam forums be active or look active.

This was quite the opening volley

1 Like

Honestly, his idea isn’t the problem. It is his presentation. Focusing on triggerwords and guilt trips this day in age just turns an audience against you. Emotions don’t move audiences unless there is a clear need for change. The reasons provided for change boils down to steam users being lazy, steam should be number one and if we don’t help we are the problem. His premise isn’t wrong, active steam forums could lead to more people (this being debatable). His reasoning and chosen communication style just leave a lot to be desired.

10 Likes

I only used that as an example to try and explain how toxic you were on the steam fourms, and still are here on the boundless fourms, but then you decided to use it as an example of every single thing the devs have said they will implement but havn’t yet.

This is why we cant have roadmaps anymore reee

1 Like

PS4 has the PSN store, just like the Steam store is. They also have game specific communities, also Boundless ones, I never go there even tho PS4 is my main platform.

So yeah, they have something similar and like Steam it’s not being used as much…

And with this I will ask you to please be more active in the PS4 Boundless communities as well, we want this game to succeed, so start posting there!

5 Likes

I am glad for the outcome of this thread.
It has proved everything I ever said about this community.

And some players have done just that. They went and added some new contest info and other things. If you want to post on Steam, please feel free to do so.

This is an indie game with a smallish playerbase that is in the growing phase. This is not MC with 10mil players a month or NMS (yet lol). Once there are more players & possibly a dedicated social media person, the other forums/social media will grow.

For now, their priority is updating the game and getting where they want it to be.

4 Likes

With what kind of posts? Maybe we should ask for a wipe because even if that broke a promise made by the developers that would be good and maybe new players would not care of what they built was erased whenever the developers felt like it. Maybe we should say the servers are shutting down because that will bring in a lot of new players. Maybe we should complain about certain content not being added to the game yet because I am sure that will draw in lots of new players. Maybe we should ask if Boundless is over, because everyone wants to spend money on a game that someone is telling them is shutting down.

4 Likes

Then why are you here?
What value have you added to this topic.
You apparently a mod form what you said on the steam forums, but don’t seem to like the idea of this post, then why are you here if not to put it down?

I am a PS4 player, I posted today several times now in the steam forum. Will you now please do the same on the PS4 communities so that it looks like it’s more active?

6 Likes

I think you should be asking this to yourself tbh

1 Like

nicely done. ha ha

5 Likes

Well you no one is trying to bring in new players now are they? So maybe its good to assume like any rational person that a game that has less than 500 if to say players will continue to stay active and online for years to come.
Asking for a wipe is indeed correct, maybe over the top but the game worlds are empty yet most of it plotted by a few handful of people, have you read some of the post on the steam forums talking about how they just bought the game yet it feels like ghost towns and there is nowhere for people to build.

I have recently gone back into the game and saw open fields plotted for no reason other than having the plots. If it continues like that it will drive new players away.

Like I said hate me as much as you want, I stand by what I say.

Its so nice to see how I am being attacked.

What kind of reasoning is this? She’s here trying to answer and help, what has she done that is so terrible?

I’m sorry, I don’t get why you keep insisting steam should be the most used forum even tho half the playerbase would never even think to look for it there and when people say that to you in a normal calm tone they are somehow the problem.

You then go on to use language that can be perceived as unfriendly all the while blaming others of toxicity.

Perhaps it’s a language issue, perhaps English is not your native language (it’s not mine either) but the tone with which you write things comes across as unfriendly. You might not mean it like that but it sadly does.

I admire the idea that you want to attract more players, but having people to move over to steam forums for it is not an idea that people seem to agree with.
We can do the cross post thing, trying to lure more people to the official forums I suppose but am not sure if you like that.

Anyway, some of us posted some stuff on steam already, now let the new players roll in! :slight_smile:

5 Likes