Take my money Wonderstruck!

Do we need more polls?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

This sounds like a really great feature!

3 Likes

Exactly the same. I have so many unfinished projects may aswell just wait and do them properly on the planet.

1 Like

Soon™

…

5 Likes

Do we need the update to just happen already and forget the polls?

• Yes

0 voters

2 Likes

I seriously think they’re waiting for the second year birthday

1 Like

The outstanding items before release are:

1. We still need to finalise the mechanism for creating portals between Creative and non-Creative worlds. Relatively simple to implement but the kicker is finally deciding on the rules. We still don’t have the perfect solution. So I think we’re going to go for the simplest thing possible for the first release. We can always iterate the system once it’s in the wild.

2. We also need to add a new tab to the shop for redeeming additional world time. This will allow you to extend or unlock+extend your world or the world of another player. This will also allow collaborative groups to share the cost of the world between them rather then relying on a single person.

As @Stretchious commented unreleased but done is a default creative skill set (so when you first walk onto a higher tier world you automatically have protection, etc) and an admin command for changing world ownership. All your planets will also show up in the sky of the sanctum which makes them easier to find and visit initially.

So not much more to do.

47 Likes

What would “the perfect solution” need to accomplish?

and what is “the simplest thing possible?”

3 Likes

Thank you for telling us what’s going on and what still needs work! I’m sure everyone is very happy to read this coming from you directly!

9 Likes

Wooot thanks for the info on what’s going on its greatly appreciated.

Guess I’ll just have to hang rough for a bit longer then.

Cheers!!

Perfect:

1. Unlimited free portals between creative worlds.
  2. Oorshard fuelled portals between non-creative and creative worlds.
  3. Doesn’t break the economy + structure of the current universe and networks.
  4. Portals work as expect and not confusing for players.

Simplest:

1. Oorshard fuelled portals between non-creative and creative worlds.
  2. Creative portals can only go 0 blinksecs.
25 Likes

Maybe portals from non-creative to creative could only be opened from the non-creative side? I guess that has already been suggested though

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Although I’ve been thinking about “perfect,” I personally prefer “Simplest” as it encourages creative players to use the backbone of the survival universe hubs to visit each other.

My solution and understanding has been missing the crucial requirement

previous thoughts on the matter

Strictest formulation of the creative-portal problem

1 Like

Noooo polls. No

1 Like

And why exactly is this important? If a player wants to only play creative and visit or work with other players doing the same, why should they have to interact with the survival universe at all? It is certainly not a requirement for the survival players to interact with the creative planets.

They now have to have skills and possibly weapons in order to traverse the survival universe.

Edit: And they have to fuel a portal for every creative planet they rent, so they have to hunt (weapons and skills needed) or participate in the economy to buy (will need to grind for something to sell for coin) Oort shards. And with the way fuel works this becomes a constant component of their game play. So you force the players that want to escape the grind to have to continue to grind if they want to have access to more than one planet.

1 Like

there will also be creative not connected to universe - so that’s for them

creative connected to survival seem to come with some restraints - but even then you only need to move from survival to creative once and then you just stay on creative worlds and move between them for free, if that’s what you need
not ideal, but easy enough
when there is no perfect solution in place, this is indeed preferable than anything that creates room for exploits

1 Like

And how exactly will this work? If you cannot open a portal on creative over 0 blink secs how do you reach a world that is 7 blink secs away?

2 Likes

It’s good to hear that prices have been finalized. What are the prices?

10 Likes

Just one potential solution I saw elsewere:

First they’d have to make warping to creative worlds free though.

1 Like

I would not be willing to add people to my Steam friends list just to access portals in a game.
I don’t think that would be a good solution for families that play either.

Plus, I believe we are still limited on the number of friends we can have in-game.

Edit to add: PC players can’t be added to a PSN friends list, and vise versa.

7 Likes