Testing 162 - Report issues here

Ah, ok, that explains it, since I have first made campfire and than beacon, so plots stayed from campfire not added by beacon.

I activated Weekly Miner Objectives yesterday (it’s asking to complete 5 miner’s objectives). I had 1 out of 5 finished already, but It’s gone from my active list of objectives today.(I don’t mean the count went back to 0, the entire objective is gone. My active objectives list was empty when I entered the world today).

When I reached the stage when I can pick crafting skills, I decided to go for crafting tool rather than machines as I thoight it would be more important to have iron tools before machines. I simply forgot I need fossil extract to craft them iron tools and now I have to wait to get the machine crafting skill before I can get to making iron tools.

I have over 300 hours of playing on my clock and I made that mistake. :cry: Imagine a new player in game not knowing anything.

So: I think it would be useful to have objective/tutorial system pointing a new player towards the right order of crafting. MACHINES before TOOLS in skills.

2 Likes

Spamming even more:

I created a token of my home location for a friend so he can warp to my place to complete an objective.
The warp threw us quite a bit away from the actual coordinates.

Is it a bug or intended feature (as in built-in inaccuracy of warp conduits)?

if your friend doesn’t have permissions on your beacon, then he cannot warp inside of it and the warp will open up outside of your beacon

3 Likes

Being so caught up in my own personal opinions, I managed to not notice this pinned topic before now, so I might’ve just broken the unspoken forum-norm of avoiding the creation of duplicate posts. :sweat: sorry, my bad…

In all fairness however; not everything I’ve listed up in my topic could be interpreted as an issue per se, as it’s more of an improvement issue rather than being an actual issue/bug. So there’s that.

But either way, the least I can do to make sure I’ve appeased the universal forum-rules to some degree, is to at least link this reply to my topic, so… Here it is:

1 Like

omg - didnt think about that lol :open_mouth: :flushed:

It might have been reported before, not just for 162 update. I remember a few reports about being stuck but can’t remember if any of them showed this:

As you can see it happens where 2 flights of stairs going down meet at the bottom. I hoped it would be possible to fly down one side and instantly start going up the other side, but I get stuck instead.

1 Like

Same exact thing happened to me. Only once though, standing on top of a user-created wall with slabs with a block-space between them (guessing was done to make it look more like a traditional castle-wall), and got stuck. Teleported to Sanctum and back, and I go out of the sticky situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tried objective called Protecting Blocks Placed In The Wilderness - placing beacon doesn’t work. Fueling it and placing 20 blocks before planting the beacon tick off though (as seen in the screenshot).

EDIT: likewise Building A New Campsite doesn’t work.

1 Like

Lol, my build is gone! Nothing too time consuming but still shocked me.

How have I accomplished that:

• set up campfire
  • later set up beacon there
  • remove campfire
  • plot remove tool - removed plot on which beacon is located
  • since campfire took two plots the one below is still mine (shows green borders on blocks)
    Beacon still shows up in Beacons menu. And has valid expiration 5w or so.

Is this bug? I mean you probably should not be able to remove plot in which beacon is set up?

EDIT: Put new beacon into plot where the previous one was and it says in fueling UI “Plot is reserved by another beacon”

EDIT 2: Put new beacon no2 into the plot that is still “onwed” by me and it now shows time of expiration of 5w and plus which was from the beacon that was removed by removing plot

P.S.: just realized I had most of my copper and tech frags in workbench :cry:

1 Like

Do you remember the name of the objective?

Thanks for the information, we’ll make a note of this.

What are the coordinates? Judging by the description, can you not move after setting foot on the steps?

Thanks for the description and screenshot, we’ve added this information to our database.

Do you have a screenshot of the beacon plot layout?

No screenshot but here are details:

Plots are one above the other.

In plot 1 I have set up campfire, added beacon later, removed campfire, accidentally removed plot 1 - I wanted to remove plot 2 below. After world regen everything in plot 1 is wiped including beacon.
When I add beacon to plot 1 it said what I mentioned in previous post.
When I add beacon to plot 2 it shows remaining time from original beacon from plot 1.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the picture reference. The description about being able to remove a plot surrounding a Beacon Control block is something that @lucadeltodecso or @olliepurkiss can answer. You said that you removed the plot with the Beacon Plot Remove tool. You should be able to add it back using the Beacon Plotter tool if you already have the other existing plot that you did not remove.

Yeah, that’s correct, but I didn’t realize I have removed the wrong one until world regen :smiley:

Not sure if someone other reported:
Timber craft objective does not work. Crafted sticks and timber didn’t get completion.

[quote=“vdragon, post:128, topic:7336”]

Do you remember the name of the objective? [/quote]

Weekly Miner Objectives is the name of the objective.

862, -1996

I get stuck going down the steps, when I land in that section where the steps facing each other touch. Seen on the screenshot it’s when moving from left hand side top or the right hand side top and down the stairs.

When I set foot on step moving away from the camera position it’s ok - I have freedom to move up the stairs to the left or right.