This update is accessible via the “Testing” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
This release is a re-balance of the entire XP generation and Player Progression systems, to make levelling more fun and less grindy. The aims are:
- Make all core actions deliver similar amounts of XP per hour:
- Building and Chiselling
- Hunting and Killing Creatures
- Make Feats be a useful source of XP at all levels, whilst still offering long term goals.
- Reduce the overall time to level (especially at higher levels).
- Smooth out the amount of grind needed at early levels to get recipes.
- Rebalanced the distribution of plots awarded per level:
- Allow people to build a little bigger at early levels (more plots at early levels).
- Balanced by reducing the amount of unwanted / unused plots that most players have later on (less plots at high levels).
The next feature update will include some restructuring of the skill tree. When this lands everyone will be able to re-spec their characters against the new tree.
All feats will be re-evaluated on your first run, and you could see many feat messages appear on screen one after the other. Please just allow these to play out, it may take several minutes for high level characters.
- Creatures + Combat + Characters:
- Reworked the way backer levels are tracked and awarded. Required to start enabling backer perks in game.
- Change how we query DLC from steam and expose all the backer tiers via Steam DLC. This isn’t public, but was required to invite the Trailblazers.
- Add a special case check that a user who owns everything gets the Adventurer level, this is to cover devs since we get all DLC via the dev comp packages in Steam.
- Return the non Steam tiers for all backer levels not sold via Steam to avoid giving everyone the Steam Powered badge.
- Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
- Full rebalance of all XP generation and player progression:
- More experience for Building, Crafting, Chiselling and Killing Creatures.
- Less experience needed to go up levels (especially higher levels).
- Increased the number of beacon plots awarded at early levels, slightly reduced the number awarded at later levels.
- Re-worked feats: added some, removed some, changed targets, increased experience and coin rewards.
- Fixed display of feats.
- Increased the number of skill points awards in early levels.
- Item crafting and tool mastery skill categories now unlock earlier.
- Rounded all numbers to more satisfying numbers.
NOTE: all feats will be re-evaluated on your first run, and you could see many feat messages appear on screen one after the other. Please just allow these to play out, it may take several minutes for high level characters.