This update is accessible via the Steam Beta “Testing” release of Boundless.
Today, we’re releasing the World Wrapping support in Boundless. This means that all 4 corners of Boundless world has been tied in one central location to produce edge-less world. The debug lines below shows how the corners of the world have been stitched up. If you encounter any bugs in the worlds , please let us know through this forum.
To release this update, we have wiped the worlds.
- World wrapping implemented! No more edge or ‘centre’ of a world, keep running east/west/north/south and you’ll get back to where you started, and apart from checking debug positions, there’s no way of knowing ‘where’ the world wrap point is as everything is completely seamless with doors, machines, projectiles, lighting, world generation, lodding, everything working across the wrap borders seamlessly (And for purposes of extra testing the capital and portals are even straddling the world borders!)
Resolved Known Issues:
- Door tiling is currently broken.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
- Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- Some meshes missing from the game (machine crates, plinth, glue, etc).
- Cannot ‘drop’ items from [Workbench Ingredients] and [Completed Items] lists.
- Iron Fire Pit missing texture.
- Stone Crucible missing the gradient-.
- The recipes are not final.
- Beacons and locks cannot be shared amongst friends as the friend’s token cannot be added to beacons.