Testing 183 - Report issues here

I’m also going to jump on and see if I can get this to work.

i am testing in test server on those mob, spitter doesnt not missed me at all
should it missed me on move?

update spitter will shoot thru wall wo glass

Please share a game log just after you have gone through the process where the warping fails so that we can a look at the information.

Thanks for describing what you were doing before the issue occurred. This has been reported a few times by players, but as yet we have not found any meaningful steps to reproduce. We’ll add this information to the existing bug.

That’s a very strange bug. Thanks for the report, a bug has been logged.

I can’t find the tip that asks the player to reel in or reel out, but I did see this one. Was this the tip you were referring to?

At the moment, breaking the Beacon Control will remove the plot surrounding it. But as mentioned, the expectation should be that the original Beacon Control should no longer be the master beacon when interacting with it.

Going back to this quote here:

Were you not able to break the Beacon Control?

Are these both the same bug or two different bugs? When you said that the spitter shoots through wall without glass, can you show what the setup of the wall looks like through screenshots and / or a video?

Yes, sorry. I meant ascend and descend. Maybe it should be changed to reel in and out? As sometimes you don’t always ascend when you reel in? Anyway. That doesn’t seem to tell you the controls…

I think Solum is down currently, btw… EDIT: Back up!

Grapple ‘Rubber - Banding’ Issues (Possibly network related)

I have been having some issues with my grapple seemingly rubber-banding whenever I use the jump after reeling in. I thought it could be network related, especially as this arose after the patch, but the debug info and latency graph don’t suggest any issues here (though it could be to do with the new protocol -maybe not the right word, but I mean UDP- you are using?)

Anyway, here’s a video showing what I mean, if my detailed and, dare I say, coherent reply didn’t quite cut it :joy::

NB: my other hunch is that this seemed to happen, upon closer inspection, when the grapple wasn’t quite fully reeled in, maybe showing that the client is predicting that I should have a jump here, when the server disagrees? I think the video shows this quite well from 0:11 to 0:30, after which you can see that the jump succeeds when I completely reel in. I think this happened the other way around too, as sometimes I would not jump (after clicking space), and then suddenly fall having not disconnected my grapple.
Anyway, I’ll stop rambling, and let you guys do your jobs and figure this one out!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. A bug has been logged.

It looks like it was brought back online since then.

We should have a fix for this soon.

1 Like

Awesome, yes Solum went back up! Sorry for not writing that :laughing:

=O word travels fast! or was that you in incognito last night? >.> grabs tinfoil hat

Anyway, yes i had the same issue both on 183.1 last night and 183.2 today i’ll throw the vid together and upload it soon…ish :thinking:

Edit: I’ve found 4-5 of these “sweet spots”… im the only one that can hear them… returning to sanctum dose not fix it but reloading the game does.

3 Likes

oh god they know, we must protect our minds! also grabs tinfoil hat.

1 Like

For me it appears the sound comes when you pass under a path of one after it has landed. Not the high path or the one as it is about to hit the ground but the path in the middle of the arc.

(and yeah J that was me… I should have asked for a gold hammer not silver. lol. Gold is soo hard to find on Solum when you are low level.)

1 Like

that sounds about right… at least for the one i found when you were there… but i found another spot on my dock after you left… out of the way for the meteor path

so not limited to just that at least

not sure why you would want a gold hammer… anything you could have gotten with it you could have just asked me for =P (nothing the next overwrite won’t replace XD)

I’m noticing a phantom meteor sound. It seems to just show up from time to time and is just a quick woosh. Not like the long whoosh like when one comes in, but it sounds more like it swooped past quicky in 2 seconds.

I know it was phantom because I look around and see nothing in the sky as well as no streaks above ground pointing to where the meteor landed. I haven’t been able to fully figure out how to create it but have heard it in many spots so far.

I know @Jiivita heard something maybe like it yesterday and I think had a video about it.

We have made a few fixes regarding meteorites (including their sounds), so give it another go once Testing has been updated.

1 Like

Are meteors spawning correctly i’ve had about 20 spawn one after another since i logged on today… as im looting one i’m already hearing the next one coming in O.o

im just outside of the capital of Vulpto

2 Likes

Yeah the spawn rate seems weird at times… I had one situation where I was exploring and had a consistent sequence of about 4 meteors that would fall a few minutes right behind me as I ran… It’s like I was being chased. lol.

Added to that a place near me had 9 meteors in the same area and not many in other areas around it and I’m not it a very populated area. So while clearly landing is random there still seems to be an issue with the random generator that it still puts them in the same area around you.

I’m still also seeing 3 portal each time… never had a chance for only 1 portal to show. Of course I don’t stay to long to see how well things drop out of them.

As for the sound, I think I heard a phantom once but cannot confirm.

2 Likes

Additionally I was just on Espilo for probably 2 hours running around and saw 1 meteor. I was watching sky and listening for any sounds but never saw anything come in except 1. Maybe it was a fluke but compared to how many I see constantly on Solum this was a surprised.

I assume meteors are only tied to people online and not beacons on planet… In any event I wanted to report the difference in response.