Testing 187 - Report issues here

Shielding meatloaf seems to cause disconnection from server. Not a crash, but disconnect as if there is a poor connection. Disconnects as soon as I pass through portal from sanctum.

1 Like

Yep, I mentioned that earlier with shielding risotto. Looks like the shielding buff is just broken.

1 Like

Stone Hammer should say hammer tool, and wood axe should say axe tool.

1 Like

Advanced and common machines recipe descriptions need to be updated as compactor is now in advanced machines and mixer in common machines.
Personally I donā€™t like new compactor recipe but I guess these thoughts are more for release notes topic :slight_smile:
Added on edit:
Using emotes on new system overlaps icons, another line change might be needed like when using say and so on.
99-crop

What items did you eat to get the effect?

1 Like

What I seeā€¦

What Will seesā€¦

The icons are different for the buff that he is supposed to have. Unless this was a quirk of it crashing the game when he ate the Shielding Risotto

2 Likes

Did you both eat the same item and what was it?

1 Like

Only Will ate it (Shielding Risotto) - it crashed the game for both of us

2 Likes

Right, hopefully this will be solved in the next update. Not sure what is causing it but we know what is causing the Shield crash.

4 Likes

Awesome because shielding is crashing me too!

The character should make a noise every time health and stamina are replenished. If the noise continuously plays even when there is no change in either, then itā€™s a bug. Could you confirm if this is the case?

Okay, that makes it clearer. This will be added to the bug database.

Did you have specific permissions or all permissions?

The task does specifically say that the Minor Beacon Fuel must be crafted using the Crafting Table. The same applies to the wooden tools you had to craft before that.

Looking at all the posts you wrote, it seems to be a mixture of bugs and feedback. Now, thereā€™s nothing wrong with feedback (as we welcome it), but feedback tends to get lost in a topic about bugs, so youā€™re better off posting feedback in a separate topic (or posting to the Testing 187 release topic in this case).

Nevertheless, Iā€™ll tag @luke-turbulenz and @olliepurkiss so that they can see this.

Oh, itā€™s this bug again. It was reported on the Release 186 topic and it has been added to the bug database, but we donā€™t have a fix for this just yet.

Thanks for the report, Iā€™ll add this to the database.

Both of these have been added to the database.

Thanks for the report, a bug has been logged.

Iā€™ll pass your comments to the appropriate person to see if this is the case.

Thanks for the reports, Iā€™ve added this to the bug database.

Iā€™ll let @Tobelawe answer this one.

Those are some obscenely large crafting times. Thanks for the reports, Iā€™ll add it to the bug database.

Thanks for the report, Iā€™ve added this to the bug database.

Itā€™s certainly doesnā€™t look like a lot of information is being presented, so Iā€™ll add this to the bug database.

The item descriptions do look incomplete. Thanks for the report, Iā€™ll add it to the bug database.

Whereabouts are the descriptions located?

Thanks for the report and screenshot. Itā€™s been added to the bug database.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve changed this so you only need to have the item in the your inventory and it is up to you how you acquire it.

Thank you! The previous tutorial was sufficient for educating on the use of a crafting table, confusing people as to why they have fuel, but itā€™s not counting it seemed like it would just add frustration to a step that feels intended to exclusively educate about fuel, not about crafting.

Iā€™ll have to hop back in to testing later to see if I see any other things that stand out for early-game stuff.

Itā€™s the little things like this that make the experience better for everyone. After dabbling with a certain competitor game on a new console, I was surprised at how frustrating their tutorial was and how much of an effort we have gone to to make ours welcoming and useful. By the way, they had the same problem where I needed to get a material but I already had it in my inventory. :interrobang:

5 Likes

It is on Character ā†’ Skills under Item Crafting, but maybe my report was just too early as I see also other descriptions missing there like both Engine recipe descriptions.

[quote=ā€œvdragon, post:116, topic:11994, full:trueā€]

The character should make a noise every time health and stamina are replenished. If the noise continuously plays even when there is no change in either, then itā€™s a bug. Could you confirm if this is the case?

I can confirm that it continues long after health and stam has been replenished and only went away once Iā€™d returned to Sanctum.

I had all of them.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it turns out that the descriptions for those skills have not been updated at the same time, so Iā€™ll add a note to the database.

Thanks for the confirmation, Iā€™ll add it to the bug database.

It sounds like one of those cases where you executed an action in game, but the server didnā€™t recognise it. Has something like this occurred to you previously?

1 Like

Once. Long time ago after the alts were introduced and before we could give them permissions. I used to drop stuff on the floor and pick it up with another alt. Worked well until that one case. I reported it back then as well. It was live version though.

I was trying to do some cooking on (stone) furnace and wanted to try to make starberry soup.
boundless-soup-recipe
When I had required items inside furnace, it did look like this

So I thought, my recipe is right if I just hit start it would start cooking soup, but instead of soup it did start cooking this
Same happened when I did want to cook meaty broth (3 raw meat and 1 bucket of water) or eathyam stew.
Did I do something wrong on cooking process or is soup recipe(s) broken?

2 Likes