Testing 194 - Report issues here

<3 (because just <3 isn’t enough!)

Mixer crafting - even though I have made a mixer and used it to make some alloy the feat is still not recognising the mixer being acquired, I have tried breaking it down and rebuilding it but still the same. The same happened with the extractor but after I broke it down and replaced it the feat completed.

This is also happening with the spark core feat - It’s not recognising the core has been placed and linked to a machine.

No, very time. Completed this one just for you. :smile:
Have you tried to reproduce it with a new character with no other completed objectives or with one where the completed objectives already need scrollbar? And you have to be fast enough with pressing J so that you get directly send to the completed objectives tab.

Yes, with all feats (except dailies and weeklies) and all characters (the 2 copies as well as the one i created on the test server).

That’s exactly what i meant! Maybe i worded it unnecessarily complicated.

The effect is flickering in red, green and blue. Quite hard to capture in a single frame.

The live server is wokring fine, when i move around the caves, i see plenty of ores and so on, on test server i only see many remnant tech device, many small fossil, copper, some iron and rarely coal.

Live server

Test server

these pic as been took somewhere with no density(population) around it.

I don’t know what is up with it, but there is something wrong.

1 Like

The coordinates of the beacon are [660, 61, -912]
The smart stack splitting happens when interacting with storage like you said.

I made a video of the starving problems I have. I went out and try to test it and as soon I tested it I missed the message and I even miss the dmg for 30 seconds. also, keep in mind that I don’t have the sounds enabled so its just about the visual cues. and then I did it again directly after the first try. I mean its a building and mining game. most players will mine and watch series and videos at the same time so you cant have sound on at all time.

okay so I also went out and test the different UI scales (not in the video) and sure it helps a lot with th125% on my screen but would I really want that size? and then I went back to 100% and now it’s hard for me to be objective anymore as I seem to look at the stamina bar way too often and seem to see it all the time. but is that what the game is supposed to be. I think like the visual indication of boons and debuffs need to be an on-screen effect like the weather VFX Art: Weather VFX Update [Gif heavy!] and that because I don’t really notice the Boon or debuff it’s actually the dmg I see first and then I look for the boon. for the time being increase the text size for the boons to the same size as the healing text would help a lot.

1 Like

I do agree that something seems a bit off with resource distribution on these servers, maybe just in the caves?
In caves on Solum I was only really able to find copper in any substantial amount, and on Vulpto it was just copper and iron, I found no precious metals.
This seemed a bit off to me, unless it is some preparation for higher tier worlds? Regardless I think some balancing is needed there

If we are talking about the resource distribution on testing then there definitely seems to be something not quite right. It’s great for getting a new character up the ladder although coal is pretty scarce.

You mean the Attributes Bonus?

Thanks for the screenshot. I’ll add a note to the database for someone to look at.

Thanks for the update, I’ll add this to the bug database.

I think we have a fix for this.

I’ll add this to the bug database.

I couldn’t find this on the Feats tab, but perhaps you meant objective, as that’s where I found it. I’ve added it to the bug database.

So this occurs only if you press the J key quickly enough, as otherwise it should display correctly?

Thanks for confirmation, we’ll look into this.

So just to double check, if I switch the hammer, the axe doesn’t automatically have the hammer’s characteristics, as that would mean it would take ages for the axe to cut down the tree trunk block. It just shows the hammer being selected on screen but the axe is still being used and behaves like an axe normally does. Have I understood it correctly?

Thanks for the screenshot, there’s definitely an issue with the particle effect, so this has been added to the bug database.

Because the copies of the worlds on testing are older compared to on the live game, the location of resources won’t be mimicked exactly.

Thanks for the information, we have the crash dumps that you sent, so a bug has been added to the database.

It’s a longer than expected video, but here are my observations:

• I’ve noticed that you had a crash around the 4:40 mark, did you have the option to submit a crash dump after restarting the game?
  • At 5:38, the word STARVING does appear at the bottom of the screen. If I understand what you are saying in the video, you felt that it was easy to miss and hence the reason why you suggested that the word should appear a bit more central as shown from 9:00?

I can pass your feedback onto the UI designer to look at for consideration.

My bad, yes it is objective :blush:

Point taken, but I did some exploring and it feels like there are far fewer resources in general in caves, and possibly more on the surface, like on the sides of mountains.
I still am yet to find anything other than basic metals in the caves of Vulpto

Looks like it’s not currently possible to pin feats (rt-click doesn’t work for this).

Yes, if I navigate manually to the completed objectives, everything is display correctly.

You still see the axe on screen, it shows the hammer being selected in the ui AND it takes ages for the axe to cut down the tree.

Yeah I did send the crash dump. Also I think it was related to the meteors s I got close to them the game crashed. sevral times

when it come to the starving I think the UI text size needs to be bigger for more important message like the DMG and debuffs that are right now smaller than the healing text size. I think it’s better if it was the reverse as I know, when and how much I heal but I don’t know when I take DMG or how much of it. To make it more visible, it will help to make the text for dmg and debuffs bigger. then i will know when something happens to me. maybe placed the text in closer to the players Peripheral vision, that will help especially when you use bigger screen like me.

I’m on lvl 50+ anything, but 40k Xp on Level 50 are 20% of your Level, each time you die… and man i die a lot now… Most of Starvation, and loosing 2 Days worth of Progress, cause you don’t have enough steaks to live your Bougeoiristik Life of Starving after half a day… Meh, you Guys have a Sadistic Sense for Dying Mali xD

1 Like

infinite light from light cube just shake once and move hand to a empty slot

Also switching items dont register aat times useing alt+middlemose scroll

Cant log in. Been stuck at this screen when trying to load the game for a day now. rebooted machine and updated steam. still cant get in.

I have passed your comments onto the person in change of this. I’m not sure if there are plans to update this on the testing branch quickly, as it would require some migration, but we’ll try and make sure this isn’t a problem on the live game.

Some feats, or all feats? @Kirinvar couldn’t pin any of the General feats, but can pin Timed feats as explained in post #18.

In reply to your previous post, I have tried it with new and existing characters, where I still have not been able to reproduce it. But you have provided screenshots showing the issue occurring, which is good enough for visual proof.

Okay, I have managed to reproduce eventually, I guess there’s a certain knack to it, as I can’t do it every time. It’s been added to the database.

Thanks, we take a look at it.

I’ve passed your comments onto the relevant person.

I checked this for you and can confirm that it’s currently working as expected if you’re losing 20% of XP. If you like, you can read up on @james’ response to this by going to the Testing 194 release notes forum topic. His comments can be found at post #215 over there.

I think that’s likely related to the issue reported by @Takritimous in post #41.

Seems okay for me so far. How often are you seeing this and have you made any changes to your keyboard and mouse settings?

Is it still happening? If so, please share a game log just after you see this message in game. Also, is this the first time you’ve tried logging into the testing version after it was updated?

Thanks, hopefully there is no issue and I’m just unlucky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

VDragon Here is the log

https://pastebin.com/EfJQ6Xqk

I logged in with my crafter and was waiting on some forge blocks to craft to try them out and decided to change chars over to my miner and got that error ever since