Testing 206: Body Paint!

I jumped on the test severs to check out the new body paints and i noticed that abdominal area of the fire body paint seemed weird. Is that intended because it seems like there should be a gradient there inbetween the mid and high tint similar to the feets?

I think it seems intentional.

Some are blended well (legs), some are more abrupt (stomach & wrists)

1 Like

What about when using a loot magnet? Will we still get the XP or will we have to actually break it open? No big deal but would be good to know.

Awesome looking update, guys! Looking forward to seeing it go live.

1 Like

Tools and weapons always used a fixed amount of energy, there is no change here. The problem was from walking/running where the hunger was reduced based on a % of the max energy.

The tools used a fixed amount of energy yes, but the amount of max energy drained, seems to be quite a bit larger with the energy epic then with out. to the point that with the epic, i felt like i was spending allmost as much time eating food as I was mining, I never noticed such with out the energy epic. So either there is a problem. Or I encountered some kind of illusion.

1 Like

Well, it’s an old bug, you can follow the topic here. Hunger when you get epic energy skill
And even without the bug this is the reason I don’t have the epic. without the epic I’m fine with a meaty casserole from time to time but with the epic I found myself eating three of them and it looks like more time. Not to mention that you lose the buf for the first two.

Yes, okay, it was seriously weird! When I first used a bomb for just that I started thinking this:
“Please, please, kind sir, can you spare some food, I’m so hungry. Please!”
“NO”
throws bomb
“but here’s a bomb instead”
“but… oh, thank you so much!”
“don’t give food, bomb 'm!”

So I agree that it needed to change, I also felt rather weird that in front of my own Noms 'n More with all kinds of foods I threw a bomb at my feet instead of eating! :joy:

But it really, really is annoying as all heck to have to eat 4000 meat every 2 seconds while mining!

• Can there be a brew (or a change in a brew) of the instant kind that gives max energy?
  • Or a food other than cooked meat that gives more than 400 energy WITHOUT removing any food buffs?
  • Or that the Well Fed buff doesn’t remove any other food buffs kinda like the instant brews do?

I find it so weird that I always have a stack of loafs with me but once I eat a specialty pie/loaf they suddenly become useless and have to resort to cooked meat…

3 Likes

How is this more weird then bombs being used for healing, when bombs are supposed to be destructive by nature.

We have bombs for healing
We have bombs for debuff reduction.
We have bombs for terrain regeneration.
Why is a bomb for Max Energy any more odd?

3 Likes

Okay cool! Gimme a PC and Boundless for it and I will! :joy:

I believe the best solution would be if ‘Well Fed’ didn’t override another food buff so we can eat any of the foods we have on us that only do just that…

This way I might actually sell some earthyams/meat/starberry pies finally! :smiley:

Now that just makes too much sense. So it most likely wont happen based on how i see most game devs run things.

Jokes aside, it would be nice if they did that.

3 Likes

It’s probably also the easiest to implement quickly :wink:

The new testing planet copies are lovely! (Did you notice they show the players/settlements of their Live equivalents on warp totem view?)

Saw some stuff I’ve not seen on Live. Does anyone know if any of the current planets have an ice biome with frost-topped (ice blocks above foliage blocks) trees as I saw on testing last night?

Edit: btw in various scenarios the performance improvements felt noticeable!

1 Like

nice bug fix

Any way to try testing servers and use the regular game on the same computer?

Yeah you open Properties of Boundless in Steam. Then go to Betas, select testing from the drop down. It will update (small update). Play. When done, go back just switch the drop-down back to Live and it’ll update again.

Unless you mean at the same time which I’ve not tried but presumably would need 1x Steam Boundless license and 1x non-Steam Boundless license.

1 Like

Looking into it right now, this is not how that body paint should look.

9 Likes

They could call it Red Bull :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No it makes perfect sense.
If you drive the same distance with a car going 60kmh or 120kmh it will use more fuel on the same stretch driving in 120kmh even though it takes half the time.

Also strong heavy muscled people need more food then limpy ones.

A buldozer need more fuel then a car etc.

Lol, not something I would ever buy at that price.
I wont buy current cosmetics at 800.’
2-300 max would sit about right

Will be interesting to see what the price ends up being