Testing 21: Block Rendering and World Builder Prefabs

nice i will test it this evening, maybe the graphic bug with the eyes is now fixed

sounds good, is it possible that we get an example picture from it ?

i like this, the location marker will be an item in the inventory or did it get a seperate tab with a location list ? if it a inventory item i think i have a problem after a short time because i have a full inventory after a short time ^^
and it is a cool idea that we can trade the location marker.

how long it needs that we can test the marker ? atm it is disable if i read correct ^^

Sorry. The eye bug has not been fixed yet :frowning: We are working on it. As with XP Progression and Warping, we are hoping to release them (first pass) next week.

2 Likes

So I was wondering, could you guys or someone do like a tutorial video on how to actually make a pre-fab? Cause I have been trying to play around with the world builder but every time I try to connect to the world I made the game and world builder just crash.

1 Like

Pretty speculative. I would like them better if they are just entries on your own world map with some comments… So you know where to go. As if you would do a cross or a pin on a paper map and write a comment.
In that case they would not get completely useless if websites provide that information, but they lose lots of there value for people who wanna trade with that information.
Teleporting there just by using that thing would destroy the idea of discovery by own effort a bit, wouldn’t it?

I’d personally like to see someone telling in a village: “I found a secret temple on a specific location. Wanna know where? If yes I’ll trade that information for x coins and make a mark on your map where it is!” Reminds me of medieval times :slight_smile:

Also speculative :wink:

I took my speculation from here… I could be completely wrong in my assumption (that’s why I said, “I think” :slight_smile: ), but it seemed to be hinting at this to me

I’ve answered your questions in a new thread: Locations and Location Markers

2 Likes

Prefabs work great! Still have to practice building trees though :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I think this is the point where we summon @Nyuudles!

4 Likes

Forget everything I said about the new artstyle

11 Likes

I can see myself spending substantial time with prefabs. Exciting stuff! I’ll post my creations within a week

P.s. @yota can prefab support sloped blocks?

4 Likes

I will cast the Ritual of Summoning! I have spare souls to transmute.

Spirits of the warp, I beseech thee!
Find the great builder @Nyuudles,
And deliver them to me!

:shard: :boom: :oort: :lester:

(Sends twitter message :laughing: )

6 Likes

You’re pretty brave… I don’t want to look at his twitter page ever again :stuck_out_tongue: (no offense ^^)

1 Like

Oh, that’s mild. You should check out Slaanesh’s twitter.

Good idea, I will try to get one out within the next few days.

2 Likes

You have a chisel, use it.

(Yes prefabs can have slopes)

2 Likes

This would be glorious!

1 Like

It’s been a long while since I touched this game. Can’t wait to try all the new stuff out :smiley:

5 Likes

It worked!

2 Likes

Well time to try all things out