Testing 21: Block Rendering and World Builder Prefabs

Good idea, I will try to get one out within the next few days.

2 Likes

You have a chisel, use it.

(Yes prefabs can have slopes)

2 Likes

This would be glorious!

1 Like

It’s been a long while since I touched this game. Can’t wait to try all the new stuff out :smiley:

5 Likes

It worked!

2 Likes

Well time to try all things out

i’m so sorry :((( my true colors were revealed

6 Likes

… and it only took one innocent soul!

3 Likes

Ironically, I used @Predatoxic’s soul. Not so innocent anymore, but it knew where to go! :laughing:

6 Likes

:’) anywhooo

As someone who has not touched the world builder at all or know anything about it. How exactly do I get to the prefab?

2 Likes

This is the important question! I need to know too…

You create a “custom prefab” node -> click “create new prefab” -> name it(you don’t have to)-> connect it to the decoratiom node. After that you start the server -> teleport to world -> select the “builder” universe -> connect to “prefab”.

3 Likes

Make sure that you also launch the world builder directly from the file system, not via Steam

3 Likes

@Predatoxic @nevir Ty it worked! am I supposed to connect those code stuff onto it to get more blocks other than gleam?
edit: forget I asked that I found it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Placing blocks in prefab mode behaves oddly for me (OS X world builder): When I place a block, nothing happens. When I place another block, I am snapped back to where I was when I placed the previous block, and that block shows up. Rinse and repeat - always one step ahead of the WB server

Does not occur when running the WB on windows. Does occur with the windows client when I tunnel to my mac’s WB

Edit: now it’s fine on my mac. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Tried prefabbing for the first time and I must say I LOVE having this much power :slight_smile:.

One thing I noticed though is that I couldn’t change the color of the grass. I tried destroying all the grass blocks and putting it back but sadly they were still the same crimson color (except gnarled grass. It stayed green the whole time).

6 Likes

All the block colours will come from the individual world generation. When the Prefab is inserted into a world during generation it will adopt the block colours of that world.

You can change the block colours on the root Generator node. (Assuming you’re creating the Prefab as a node in a World config.)

Additionally - follow the guidance here by @nevir.

2 Likes

Nevir was actually the one to walk me through the world builder prefab :smiley:

I did try to change the colors a while back, but it still wouldn’t change. I even tried to make a new world and just change the grass color but it still came out crimson. I feel like i’m missing something but I don’t know what :frowning:

Hmm.

The process that I just used to confirm the colour switching works is:

1. “File” -> “New” -> “World”.
  2. Add “Custom Prefab”.
  3. [Connected the game, switched to the prefab, etc]
  4. Placed a few Gleam blocks.
  5. [Switched back to the World Builder]
  6. Changed the Gleam colour on the “Unnamed World” root node (as in your screen shot).

And all the gleam blocks automatically changed colour.

Additional: It’s possible the grass is broken (but I would find this surprising). Give the gleam a try.

1 Like