Testing 232: Closed Storage and Decorative Blocks!

I agree but what i’ve learned from other mmos and slightly this one is people don’t like when their builds / characters / whatever get nerfed. Honestly prestige isn’t a huge thing for me but it sucks to spend a ton of time on something to have its value completely diminished in an update (From a time spent making blocks standpoint). This isn’t a game changer for me however.

I like the idea of them adding blocks but don’t care for the changes to the current end game blocks. The step process making something is actually more irritating than what we have currently. (ex. Rock > stones > refined rock > marble > deco marble) That is the annoying part of marble for me and I think @james even mentioned he wanted feedback about that. I would prefer the deco marble have the same requirements with maybe wax thrown in or something. Furthermore, the color of mosaic I need for my build is no longer attainable because of the switching the color from rocks to gravel unless I paint which I’m definitely not doing.

3 Likes

Is it possible to add a recycling machine that could take an existing item and upgrade it or use it to create another item? Or add this to the workbench in someway?

For example, we would still make marble the same way. We’d still make the new mosaic marble the same way. But, if I have old marble stock, I could put it into the recycler with another ingredient to upcycle it to something?

7 Likes

Nice Idea :+1::+1::+1: Recycling Sounds great

2 Likes

im really happy with this update :slight_smile:
finally some use for blocks im getting out of every exo, finally i ccan put to use tons of foliages and moulds and woods im hoarding from exos :slight_smile:

as for mosaics and marbles - please allow us to use ANY kind of refined stones for them, chisel changing stones are so time consumable and so annoying

1 Like

Popsicle boys

Yep - thanks!

I’m going to add a recipe for smashing rock into gravel. Then you’ll actually have 4 colours per world!

Not intended.

We do plan to allow all blocks to be spray tinted in the future. But I want to create some progression around this. Everyone can spray tint the basics, then need to progress for spraying sand, mould, etc. Watch this → <— space.

36 Likes

OMG yes please, the best thing ever

10 Likes

Yes, I’m saved!

2 Likes

Super cool, sure, but since it stacks with gems since forever I’m expecting them to be on T5 and higher.

Thing is tho, if you can’t yet go to a T5+ a portal is gonna be hard to get and to keep open. As others mentioned as doing as well my first 1x2 portal was made by buying the conduits and using the oort I gathered from runners on T3 planets. Besides, a 1x2 portal doesn’t need that many oort to begin with.

Oh wow! Awesome!!!

Now more blocks per can still, please :wink:

(anything more than one is already better!)

3 Likes

So as the marbles are now can be crafted with bonding agent instead of the ridiculous hard to get super enriched agent, can the players who crafted marbles previously get the materials back ? @james , many of us crafted like 50 stacks of marbles.

1 Like

Definitely a nice solution. It’s almost so obvious it’s a wonder nobody thought about it sooner.

The only thing I’m not keen on in this entire update is that the different storage options all take up the same space but have different capacities. I can’t help but feel most of the beautiful assets your art team has put together will go largely unused as people selectively use only the ‘best’ storage items.

they for sure will be used for decoration purpose :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had the same feeling. While i am sure a barrel storage or the gleam vase (stylish gleam storage) or the plain rock storage would look better in some spots than other storages, i kept feeling more inclined to use the ornate ones only in my storage to save space. I might use the other storages around the house where storage isnt the main goal. Why not make them all the same capacity and make them equally as costly (avg cost of mats).

Edit: I understand that different tiers can serve players at different stages (beginner, advanced, etc) but maybe an avg crafting recipe can still be challenging to craft in big quantities (for advanced players) but still easy enough to craft in small quantities (for beginners)? @james

1 Like

I think I’m going to have to put all building on hold until this update goes live :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Say all the storage has the same capacity then players will then select the cheapest to craft.

So the cheapest to craft will be the only storage created.

Say all the storage then has the same crafting recipe then there will be no progression and nothing to aspire to and work towards.

As configured new players can easily craft the plain storage. They can then progress towards larger storage and optional more expensive material storage. There is some value in getting the mats for bigger storage.

Current players will be able to craft all of them on day-0. Its up to you if you select for design, capacity or cheapness.

——
Additional - players often ask for decorations for their builds. We could have provided a single storage crate here. But I thought it would be more efficient to deliver a range of decorations with the added advantage that they’re also all functional storage.

41 Likes

ofc we will use them as decos :slight_smile:
but if you mentioned decoration - any chance we can get other house decorations in futere? like beds, sofas, kitchen ovens etc?

3 Likes

Well, i cant help but think YES!!! To about 95% of this, especially coils :slight_smile:

Slightly soured by knowing i probably just lost 1-2.5mil in the value of all mu marble/mosaic etc i had made for my new shop…a price worth paying, but a hefty one lol

1 Like

Holy bloody moly, that’s great :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Please, please let this use gravel as the material to decide colour! Especially with your proposed new recipe of turning rocks into gravel this would open up many colours!

Tho I wouldn’t be averse to soils and sand be the deciding factor either, in fact, would be even more awesome if there are different recipes using different block types for the end result colour!
Like, one for sand, one for silty/clay, one for gravel. Since all 3 might be used in RL recipes for concrete (yes, I googled it already, hehe) I am assuming some or all are going to be in the recipe anyway…

1 Like