Testing 232: Closed Storage and Decorative Blocks!

This gets my vote! :slight_smile:
Thank you for asking!

For the more advanced recipes, yes.

3 Likes

I read their names as miner/grappler and what not but they fit more as some historic drawing of the first Oortians dancing or performing some rituals xD

Ok, James. Ok. Haha.

Edit: YMCA? What does that stand for? :thinking:

1 Like

I also welcome comments and feedback on the various crafting recipes.

Specifically the variations and items used. Anyone got some better recipes for these?

4 Likes

are they hard to craft

This is what I like to see :smiling_imp:

Not trying to be the wet rag here. I appreciate the great new blocks the machine repairs ect…BUT when will we ever get furniture? any ETA?

1 Like

IMPORTANT!!! if you are crafting marble right now cancel it. After the update it will only require regular bonding agent for basic marble!

5 Likes

But do you need it for decorative?

Kirinvar…Roads 1 plot wide are a cheap way people games the system with very little cost… snaking it up and down … James said he has no problem with people doing this BUT that 1 plot was far too cheap allowing people to lock down large areas with very minimal investment. 2 plots is more costly which is.probably why the Devs went that route. As for 3 plots wide…that’s a major investment if someone wants to blow 3 plots wide locking an area Go for it…

Also James use of the word roads was not the traditional road but rather the intentional snaking like in this photo

3 Likes

marble recipes: @Conkuur

5 Likes

and the stone ones are just stone/variations instead of wood :stuck_out_tongue:

But this is all PTR so may change!

7 Likes

thx
Bob! 10 char

1 Like

20191004163935_1|690x387

9 Likes

Ok so maybe it’s just me but I hate the multiple types of glue.

One thing that’s kinda needed since farming is something to do with grass seeds, maybe a recipe could use those. Or ghetto OG flowers.

Isn’t it 11pm for u @james?

2 Likes

Gorgeous, delicious, stunning, amazing!!! I’m going crazy

7 Likes

That’s not what I meant, I’m talking about absolute values vs relative values.
Right now only absolute plot numbers count. So the left one is a “road” but the right one isn’t.

But the relative relation between the plots is the same.

can’t wait going to save so much space

2 Likes

This is correct. Any plot which meets the 6 plots in 9 adjacent plot columns" rule will not be designated as a “road” plot by the system.

As your diagram shows a 3 plote wide area with the same width as a 1 plot wide area, it’s a bit of a misleading presentation. Also, 2 plots width is all that is necessary.

The determination was that it would require a certain plot density for an area to be able to maintain or confer status as a settlement. I didn’t select the numbers.

The purpose you’re using the plots for, though, is not relevant.

I think that if you made your diagram to a proper scale it would help clarify that it’s not.

2 Likes

@james Can we please get self sustaining Goo farms now?

If we keep getting new blocks that we can change the color of with pigments, we’re going to need a way to sustainably create enough Goo to turn into pigment cans.

Cause right now it’s way more time saving to find a reliable location for the color you want and just gather up 50k of it instead of spending months trying to grow enough Goo of the right color for what you need it for. I am thinking of Concrete when I say this. I think others can feel the same way and it would make running a Goo farm a lot more fun.

7 Likes

My whole point is that the scale should not matter in classifying roads.

And I think they lowered it to 6 at some point.