Testing 240: Compactness and Shopping API!

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular here and I am going off info from another user who posted which could very well be misinformed. However, if a city or any settlement in the past say joined up with a buddy, or another group of players but they had built on the other end of the map from the other guy. If they were to connect the two areas by having at least two or more plots touch on each end sort of thing, it would then group would it not? If so, wouldn’t having massive long “road” plots spanning the planet work for this?

Again I’m not targeting anyone specifically here by my comment as I don’t know anyone on here who has this issue or not aside from you now?

Her roads connected her settlements which gave her great city status. So is this not a way to connect up scattered settlements to create a great city? Why does it matter who settlements it initially connected? The statement that it had never happened or is “fantasy” is false on its face if she did it.

This is exactly what she did

And to @AeneaGames she was working within the rules as they had been stated. so she was not doing anything wrong. But the rules have changed and she can leave the roads with 0 prestige or find a way to make them work.

2 Likes

I am one of those ancients. I come from the days of Oort Online haha.

She’d just have to somehow widen (if possible) the road plots enough to trigger compactness. Of course that’s way easier said than done for multiple reasons…

Where’s my dang popcorn…

1 Like

I would suggest you get a bit more information before you make assumptions. Conspiracy theories provide no value here.

The difference with my guild’s parks are they are in a central spot and don’t impede anyway like roads or those that try to take over other people’s settlements. So it probably makes no sense to try to make me a bad person here when those that abused these systems caused the problems…

I get your opinion but it is misinformed… many people are happy I do everything I can to push this game into a good direction and providing valuable constructive feedback.

2 Likes

I do have an unfinished road which is already completely plotted which does connect all my own places on Trung. It’s not planet encompassing tho.

That’s true, but the road does have Great City status…

I left because of all the fighting between all of the whales on that planet - it wasn’t one person or entity. I don’t care about prestige or anything like that. Plot wars isn’t my thing. I hate castle-defense types of games.

1 Like

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Actually tho, right now I apparently do not need that road’s prestige and the prestige of the other settlements anymore to be a great city…

But since my main beacon and my second biggest beacon turn up orange in the map viewer I will lose that status anyway I suppose…

Well no, that is not what I did, I only went as far as I needed to go, not from one side of the map to the other side…

We may be fine…let’s wait for updated maps & compactness scores. You weren’t doing anything abusive or wrong and your stuff isn’t really stretched out.

1 Like

I feel the need to try to close the gap between our views…

I don’t see anywhere that I called your roads out specifically? If I did please share and I will be glad to clarify or apologize. I see roads as useful but in this game they sometimes cause more problems than help. Kind of like settlements, plots, buffers, rare resources, etc.

This is another conspiracy theory and certainly a 1 sided viewpoint. I’ve clarified my side many times and can certainly confirm that I didn’t kick anyone off the planet. I wouldn’t do that and it certainly isn’t fair to promote unwarranted and 1 sided views.

In regards to the Guild I am part of… I’d suggest you actually get to know us before you judge us… might do wonders in your perspectives.

2 Likes

I have bigger issues to worry about than just that road! My biggest two beacons are orange on the map viewer! I need to solve that!

And since I made that road connection a while back I now do not need the prestige of all my other settlements (they are all public regen farms BTW) anymore to keep Great City status, but I do need the prestige of my two biggest beacons!

1 Like

Hopefully this is not just in response somewhat to what I wrote prior. My comment was just said generally, no accusations or claiming roads of any kind were made with specific prestige goals in mind.

I’m probably being paranoid at this point so I’ll just give a good old Canadian sorry boot that eh

2 Likes

I dont want to be in your perspective I just want to be free to build help others and not have to worry everytime someone in this game wants to power grab we all get caught in the middle

For Gods sake give these ppl a private planet soon Devs!

True but some might think I misuse the protection buffers a bit, even tho I do it in a compact way, :joy:

Thing is, I did not like the idea of doing it at all, but I wanted to expand and saw myself blocked off at 3 edges, then the 4th kinda got blocked too. Then suddenly the several smaller beacons that prevented me from going West regened and some moved to another planet altogether so to be sure I could expand in future I did start to use it and the plan always has been to slowly fill it. Heck before all this came up I was already doing that, the market expansion was in such an area for instance…

1 Like

Hear ya there. I too am in orange and I’m nothing massive just yet, but also didn’t think I’d fall into the issue. I still keep positive for the future changes and rules that will bring a better balance overall for all player types. We all just need to stick with it and see it through. This may set a couple players back (maybe??) Here or there, but it will get better and in time everyone will be right back to normal.

Maybe they will relax things a good bit from what we’re seeing now. The net that is being cast is too far and wide right now.

2 Likes

fair enough and as I said. You acted within the rules of the game at the time and did not force merge or do anything else “nefarious” to get the great city status. But if the rules change as they seem to be, you would need to make changes to keep the status. Or maybe not if you other beacons are large enough.

2 Likes

Well I don’t seem to need the road and all the farms connected to it (I removed the connection last weekend to test), I dropped like 3m in prestige but was still a Great City.

But… that map utility also shows my 2 biggest beacons in orange, if that goes to 0 prestige I won’t even be a City! :joy: