Testing 240: Compactness and Shopping API!

Don’t we also always complain about things not being in-game because not everyone wants to check sources outside the game? Lol

2 Likes

What rules should follow a GM while taking action against a player?

How do you ensure a GM didn’t do it to favor a player?

You still need rules, which we are getting now.

Also opening more planets that will eventually end like the ones we already have won’t solve the main issue.

3 Likes

They should be, but aren’t. And when there are advanced/complicated systems that players need more info on, they should be able to easily locate the info in the 1st place most gamers will look - wiki.

Not private discords, not searching the forums, etc.

1 Like

IMO this player should receive a warning and then a ban, if the behavior is repeated.

2 Likes

I think I really like this update. It will take some getting used to though. I’m pretty sure it won’t affect me much if at all but I do have empathy for those it will affect.
With that in mind I think the below statement is reasonable.

3 Likes

My biggest issue over all of this is that the solution might be more damaging then the problem, and additionally the time spent working on fixing these issues could be better spent releasing actual content to the game (such as those shields that were teased around new years).

I never really saw reservation abuse to be so much of an issue that it warranted developing this new system. I don’t have access to numbers, but surely the time taken out each day to solve plot disputes isnt THAT bad is it?

Sure the dev team is small, but so is the player population

1 Like

maybe the compactness scoring bit should go live asap without all the effects and consequences for now, so we can see the actual numbers and have more time to plan and adjust

I personally support the update as is. not only because it justifies my compulsive need to plot in nice compact blobs, but it solves some of the problems ppl been having with each other

9 Likes

Absolutely the guild earns it. Every road/hub area in iLLn is donated to the guild and set to guild coin controlled, as is the entire mall and Hunt Lodge. The coin goes to the guild and is how our guild earns coin for buffs, and contests… why is that viewed as “less than worthy”?

It’s still made possible by member donation… and we still need to work together to make our city a place people want to go. :woman_shrugging:t2: So, what’d the issue? Does the coin matter less because it’s footfall?

And yes, buffs are a perk to being in a large guild… I see no problem with that either. Personally, I have worked my Oortian butt off to build an awesome, large, profitable guild…

For what it’s worth… I’m sitting on about 300k coin right now in my piggy bank… I’d have millions and millions like other people here if I kept and profited from the ff I generate on my beacons. I guarantee my members have way more coin than I do…

4 Likes

After reading this thread the feedback it’s mostly negative. I just want to mention that I think this change is awesome. All these prestige links spread around the planets are just annoying and should not have to exist. If every city can’t assimilate others, no city has to, to compete.

This change will greatly improve the situation on the public planets.

Thank you!

18 Likes

This is a needed fix and I’m glad the people that have been asking for it are finally getting it (if it works). I think it’ll make a few planets less of a war zone, lol.
But wow what a boring update. Can’t we all just calm down and get along and fight some titans together? Like a family is supposed to??

12 Likes

With that many unused plots, it should be easy to fix the compactness issue I would think.

This is a problem because of the chunk limitations. If people could build in layers it would reduce the sprawl, but given the game design it becomes very quickly apparent that if you want to expand your base you MUST sprawl in order to make it work as layers guarantee you will be unable to build as desired since you will quickly run into chunk limitations.

3 Likes

I really like this idea @james and think it will help the game in the long run. Just have to work through the initial adjustments for current builds.

Hopefully things work out. Full respect to devs for trying to find a common solution, and full respect to current big build players for hopefully constructively solving for the new adjustments. I’m sure it will be good for the game.

2 Likes

When you donate plots on a public area… like a hub or road, isn’t everyone passing across it, in a way, donating? Are you members not contributing by building in your city? I know if my members didn’t build there I wouldn’t be a great city or earning max FF which helps all of us.

From what I’ve seen the guilds who personally profit from their city plots are the guilds who can’t keep portals open and buffs on, yet the leaders and ones who own the roads are probably super rich players who then cry and say it’s because no one is giving to the guild…

The only plots I keep ff for myself are my bases and my shops… I have one tiny section of road that is above my base…

I want to +1 this comment.

I know that this specific issue isn’t directly connected to the new update…since the Ratio is preventing the abusive sprawl, not just being a large build.

However, I hope down the line we get better chunk options so that building compact builds (towers ect) is more realistic for bases.

1 Like

Considering guild books are used for many reasons, this doesn’t seem practical… also, it’s really not that hard to make a guild make money for itself… it’s just a matter of selfishness.

2 Likes

Just because you paid for the plots with real money should make no difference… otherwise it becomes a P2W game… also, if Axon on Biitula had paid for all their plots which, I’m assuming were a contributing factor in the decision to even implement this change, should anyone be ok with the plot abuse?

Being able to buy plots is a perk and nice to have, but it still needs to be balanced with the people who can’t or choose not to spend money on the game.

3 Likes

from what I’ve seen on the current testing, unfortunately not. My builds are quite big and meandering.

1 Like

Just because players want to attack each other on Biitula shouldn’t mean that the rest of us have to delete parts of our builds. Those players should receive consequences.

The change will be across the board, so we all have to pay for their “selfishness”.

5 Likes

I am a little confused on folks worried about how quick this is coming.

It was announced on the 21st of January…and is only just now going on testing.

Before the announcement my base looked like this:

Now it is fully filled in (the view from the planet shows a bit more to fill in, but that is filled in too)

I have been farming up plots to fill my base in since it wouldn’t be within the rules.

I know not everyone has been playing (some folks have been on break or just coming back), but the Dev’s have tried to give us notice so we could fill in /fix our bases with plenty of time. In the last 3 weeks alone I have heard chat about this system and folks talking about how they were going to fill in their base/remove beacons.

So the system is working to limit sprawl, removed beacons that were problems and people are filling their bases in (because they were given notice).

I think now, for those that can, testing is where we need to give feedback on their ratio to ensure it is fair to us as players. I am worried the ratio is a little too restrictive. I think a little lighter might be okay. I will test and see what feedback I can come up with.

6 Likes