Testing 240: Compactness and Shopping API!

Great update. I’m looking forward to it. As stated above by @Tagris this has been shown to be in the works for quite a few weeks. People are going to blow their tops when it releases and either adapt or quit. I have the feeling most of us won’t even notice a difference. If you are worried about it, go help build test cities and give feedback.

8 Likes

ok…:boundless:

2 Likes

I have just come from the future of running scripts and plotting planets in Creative and I can tell you that things are going to drastically change. Those who like the MMO play will have their way and those who are bothered by the politics and want to be their own creator will have their way. The game will get huge because of these changes and all of these nit-picky issues will seem like folly. This game is bigger than all of us. We must adapt because all things for all players is coming!

Whoops not you @Peyago I mean in a general sense.:sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I dunno, to me plots earned by playing matter more.

I make about $50-60 an hour working part time. No idea how many plots you get for $50 but it’s probably more than the 30ish plots I can get by playing. I just object to RMT and P2W so I work hard to only buy cosmetics in games due to my principled stand.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like a primary reason these new rules are being put in place is to help prevent beacon abuse and malicious behavior. If someone has malicious intent to surround someone, block someone, or abuse the reservation system, it sounds like they could still do so by stringing beacons. Since this is banned, it would still require a moderator to come out and take appropriate action, defeating the purpose of the system. The only perk being that there is an auto-notification for the moderators on a low-compactness beacon. There also might be a lot of false alarms considering that.

3 Likes

I come from the future too. I hate to tell you guys this, but all this will become irrelevant soon, since society will be wiped out by super herpes.

3 Likes

Are you joking? The majority of players involved in the mess on biitula did not choose to be involved, they were forced into it, because a few indivituals chose to set the planet on fire.

4 Likes

I think her point was that those people should have been banned. I’ve been calling for an escalating ban system for bad actors for a long time now.

I truly feel for all the poor souls who live on Biitula.

5 Likes

Also, btw, what’s to stop people from breaking their 800 plot long roads into 80x10 plot long roads?

Yea I brought it up people didn’t like the idea but it makes sense. I think the problem is you charge them coin and that coin can go to line people’s pockets it would be better if it charged them endeavor or whatever it is. And that would be used to pay for the buffs.

They matter exactly the same except it feels worse to me when I spend IRL money on them. Not really too difficult to understand.

I still don’t get why my feeling about having bought the plots in question is worth 10 replies, but what do I know :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That is not allowed and will be handled manually…

You do have the right of it though, private universes and creative worlds are really the future of this game. Unfortunately, many of the issues with the game are hidden behind the small size of the community, and that we have a decent percentage of players capable of playing 8-18 hours a day to keep up with community needs. Some will love the original worlds, but I don’t see it really being where the action will be at once private communities erupt. As the scripting gets additional development, I really can’t wait to see what type of mini-games and content people come up with.

6 Likes

Space herpes!! :scream:

2 Likes

I’m fully aware of the situation there. That’s one reason I left the planet - I got tired of seeing/hearing it and wanted no part of it.

2 Likes

I’ve supported the idea that there needs to be a system that prevents plotting abuses. However this proposed system seems a little too complicated for people that have already plotted a settlement. I’ve never had an exact plan on what I wanted to build. So my plotting has been a little chaotic. That’s one of the reasons that I named my settlement “Chaos.” My settlement is currently only settled by my main Toon and four “alts”. Each Toon has more than one beacon on the settlement. I have a factory intended for new players that don’t have coiled machines. Alone it has 6 beacons of which 5 are “worker” stations. I have this beaconed in this way for purposes of individual/ separate permissions. Two stations are ready for use by the way…

My point is that I haven’t plotted with ill intentions but if I’m understanding the new rules correctly I may be in some violation.

I’m a PS4 player and have no access to this testing version. It would be nice to know in advance if I am in violation. An assessment would be nice. However I strongly believe that there be should be a second look at the new system before implementing it. This game has been a great form of escapism for me. I hope that this proposed change doesn’t change that.

2 Likes

I am happy to hear this type of idea. I had asked for this in the past as well as aligning the minter to your guild if you want as a way to donate coin. Also this hints to me some sort of “contract” system also.

2 Likes

I’m glad you said that @james as you lot there are going to be very busy again prob with all the complaints :rofl:…I’m hoping it doesn’t affect the towns so much as already heard people say about quitting already :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah i hope so too, especially Darth’s reply to this so i really hope this can all be sorted out as i wouldn’t want to lose them or any other veteran players :worried: @Damagekai best to ask james to look over at river towns to check how this system will affect the place.

2 Likes

Master Darth must NOT leave River Towns and quit too many people have left the game over past updates.!!

@james you have to keep people playing not make people quit :worried:

I will send you all more hot choc for the office … @Leahlemoncakes would like that :rofl:

Nothing to see here it’s not a bribe :eyes::thinking:

1 Like