Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Not decided yet.
Currently it’s that way. But james said they are open to suggestions.

1 Like

Thats downright stupid, why the hell would anyone want to pay more money for something they cant use!

I have a grand total of 400 plots as I never used the rock to stone exploit to power lvl so renting a planet is basically pointless for a player like me as I cant do anything with it. Such a shame

6 Likes

There are two other threads about it right now. One of them almost as long as this one.

I would have assumed as every planet has a set amount of plots that the owner would automatically receive that amount into their pool when on their own world, minus any that they have allowed others to plot

3 Likes

They have said they are open to feedback and that is one of the ideas that has been tossed out.

2 Likes

Glad to hear nothing is set in stone so far

1 Like

Are you still experiencing this issue?

1 Like

I will test it later tonight.

To gain ultimate control, sign up for a personal world.

When you rent a world you can choose from a number of options, from the color of a sunset, to the height of mountains and especially the fiddly bits around the fjords."

This is what is actively being advertised on the main website. To be quite honest this is not what is being implemented based on developer responses so far.

What we’ve been told so far:

If the color is a special exo color you can’t choose it.

If it’s a gleambow color you can’t choose it.

If it would impact goo you can’t choose it.

(Edit: this is not the case and clarified by another user) If the algorithm thinks your color choices would not conform to certain aesthetic criteria you can’t choose it.

That does not sound like what was advertised. Definitely doesn’t sound like “ultimate control”, and this is just looking at the color options. In regards to the geological controls it doesn’t look like those are even an option.

I have a specific vision in mind for a future private planet. Not for mass gathering of blocks to build with but to bring to reality a certain theme for the world. I want the trees and foliage to be certain shades of green and yellow. I want the soil blocks to be specific shades of grey, tan, and brown. I want the water to look a certain way. I want the atmosphere and sky to look a certain way.

I want the terrain of biomes to be certain ways. Plains with fields of wild grass and rolling hills. Mountain ranges that are more large hills vs towering peaks. Waterways that are like snaking rivers and ponds vs canals and oceans.

These expectations were based on the quoted advertised text.

Edit to add: @james and @lucadeltodecso can you provide any clarification and insight into the disparity between the advertised text and the current implementation?

11 Likes

This isn’t true at the very least, based on my experiences with my test planet. The world might spawn with a palette but you get full control over the colors for individual blocks (within the confines of what is currently used within the public/private worlds) without being forced to choose things that the game thinks will be aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll scratch that part out.

1 Like

They never said this either. The way I interpreted everything is that every color is available from the initial RNG. Once a color spawns you can choose it later on for a different planet. So if the perfect green or blue foliage was rolled by another user for their planet, you could then roll your own planet, and adjust the colors to Any known colors (including the green or blue foliage that the previous user just got) so the issues your describing I feel aren’t true? Unless I’m interpreting it wrong?

Yeah, this all seems true per @Nightstar’s assembly of quotes from James (which can be found here)

Here’s what Luca posted earlier:

I think this is right but if your world type (Lush for example which is what most players will want if they are building) has some back end algorithm that will want to create earthlike colors and restricts certain bright colors then it is somewhat disingenuous of the developers to say that any color is possible if they are restricted by type of planet. If the algorithm are not going to be used on the Sovereign planets then all colors would be possible.

Did you see what Nightstar shared though? James made 500 worlds and got 200 colors. So it looks like over time there’s actually a fair chance of unlocking quite a few colors.

Well via the World Control interaction any available color is possible regardless of what the world spawned in as.

Any color that’s currently present on perm planets for those specific blocks or been rolled on another sovereign planet

2 Likes

Any color that has at one point been present on any sovereign or perm planets for those specific blocks* I think.

Actually, its 200 colors, but he never said what the breakdown was per block. He could literally mean “200 different colors” showed up across all blocks, which is more in line with what our current exo setups are showing. From our current exo breakdown, that is about accurate, which means it can take tens of thousands of planets to actually get every color of all blocks.

8 Likes