Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

@DanBeforeTime @Kal-El

We’re in the process of Terminating the original batch of private worlds.

When a world expires it goes into a Locked state. A player can still extend the world and it’ll become active again as we tested during the week. But if the world is not extended then we Terminate it this force reclaimed all beacons on the world and then deletes it.

Once the termination is complete then all beacons should be available to reclaim.

After this I will put a new batch of private worlds online.

17 Likes

Fingers crossed I get a good world for doing some highlight vids of the private world.

3 Likes

Good to know. Here’s to hoping. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Okay, that explains why the atlas of my Sovereign World planet still works when I visited Testing yesterday. I could not access the planet anymore though :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Confirmation for DEV-HQ
The world Orelio Testing- 02 is gone, the atlas went blank also.
Four beacons successfully reclaimed.
It works flawlessly :+1::+1:

3 Likes

All Beacons Reclaimed fine for me. If a player had already reclaimed a beacon, and still had items left in the reclaim tab on that beacon (on a sovereign world) when the world either forces a reclaim on everything, or when the world owner forces a reclaim - will the player lose all the items in the reclaim tab similar to how it would if you deleted a beacon with items still in the reclaim?

This is one thing that I want to test out :slight_smile:

@Jaidic and I tested out if we reclaimed someone else’s beacon when they had items in the reclaim tab on that beacon, but to be honest it was so late in the night that I don’t quite remember what happened with that. I’m sure he remembers. I’ll either find out later and report back or he’ll probably chime in :smiley:

1 Like

i think it should just be locked

1 Like

I don’t know, I think terminating after a period of being locked does make sense.

If they only ever lock a planet then they have to hold onto and store all the data for all inactive planets forever, “just in case” someone wants to restart them in the future. I don’t know how long I think the locked period should last for, but I do think there should be an end point for it. That way people can build their expectations around it.

It might be good if they can find a cheaper ‘long-term’ storage alternative that you can pay for to keep a planet stashed away for a significant period of time if you’re planning on taking an extended break, but that could wait till post release.

2 Likes

I’m assuming it costs them even to just keep the world locked.

1 Like

I agree that they should be locked up to but not exceeding 180 days before termination

It took some exploring, but I was really happy with the limited color palette we have access to and the terrain generation that was done with it. This was all within a zone or two… I haven’t explored much yet at all, but already as far as terrain goes, it’s something I think I’d be happy with renting. I’d love direct access to the full color spectrum so I could get the yellows I want, but it doesn’t look like that is a feature right now.
(as I was reminded below, this is using the colors available on the test palettes, they may not be available in live which may be the reason I like these colors, as theyre likely not all available on live)

I’m headed here shortly to see if this is a glitch or another mountain gleam site. There were other sites riddled with what looked like lava coming of the mountain sides, like a volcano… this planet is definitely growing on me quickly.

For those on Test, I have opened up a portal to explore the terrain and use/test beacons/privs. It’s where DK and others placed portals in the first batch.

9 Likes

You got the world I’d want :weary: I love those blues. Especially the light azure gleam.

3 Likes

Depends on if they are on live… since the test worlds might have different color selections which is what the test private worlds stem from for now.

2 Likes

Good point. I wasn’t aware of that (hadn’t paid attention)

Initial thoughts of using world control

Changing color work good and having instant preview like when changing colors from world builder while connected to it with client :slight_smile:

I think there could be for each item individual reset to default button or highlight default color from grid. Then there wouldn’t be guessing game when trying to find individual block default color after it has changed.

Looks like naming of planets are quite flexible, allowing name planet same as public ones. I name mine to Dalan that is already public one in testing.

Below few screenshots.

4 Likes

That seems like a bad idea to be possible.

7 Likes

They can’t save all the data for every planet forever. Plenty of people are planning for “throwaway” planets, the system provided encourages this.

They should probably have or add an option for a player to release a world when they’re done with it, so that they don’t bother storing entire planets in a locked state when they’re unwanted.

2 Likes