Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

No it is. It just seems to me like this is the list of people who have worlds that are expired :man_shrugging:

Yeah I guess “original” implies there will be an additional. Thanks!

Though, if you want a Creative World, the tier doesn’t matter, right? Like, who’s going to pay for a Creative World to do hunts and mine gems (especially since there’s no loot)?
So following that logic, wouldn’t a Creative World be randomly assigned to ANY world?

I really hope the devs can figure-out a way to decide which survival world your creative/sovereign world is orbitting.

certain biomes can only be on higher tier planets, I expect that’s why people would want higher tier creative worlds

1 Like

Different tiers have different environments. Plus lava is t3+ oh and those storms are different too depending on the world type

And maybe people still want to kill mobs and those are different as well :sweat_smile:

Mmmh, I dunno, I’m just sad to see that the ONLY real choice is this :

What WORLD CONFIG would you like? *
• Lush
• Coal
• Metal
• Blast
• Burn
• Corrosion
• Chill
• Toxic
• Shock

Followed by the colors and the name, once the world is generated.
All I’m hoping is that they’ll figure out some way to give us more options with the world generations.
Honestly, from the top of my head, I’m not even sure what I should expect from each world config, concretely.
Would a Burn world have more desertic biomes? Would the Coal config simply have more coal seam? Like, in the context of a creative world, that doesn’t sound interesting.
What color of water do you get with each option? Which option has the least annoying weather effects?

This is only for testing currently

Yeah, yeah. But do we have any idea if the real tool to start the world-generation of your creative/sovereign world will be much better?
Like I said previously, I wouldn’t be ok with paying real money for a world where the world-generation can give me drastically different results.

Yup you are right… beyond the biome there is a structure to the world of certain Tier levels having certain counts of biomes levels. So even creative would have a Tier level to it and be assigned to orbit the same Tier of world.

We do not, but if you are allowed to pick the tier for a rental then the current list does not work as there are multiple levels of lush and I think for some of the other planet types as well.

Hopefully whatever frontend they use that will be something that they have us test before the rentals are launched.

1 Like

Yup.

I’m hoping for a “I don’t care, make the world-gen fully random, I’ll be happy with whatever happens” and advanced options like :
• I want 36% of biome-01, 12% of biome-25, 27% of biome-187…
• I want the water to be color-136
• I want weather_rain to have 0.5% chance to occur, weather_snow to have 0.001% chance to occur…
• (further down the road) I want my world to have additional prefabs I made and saved with some blueprint feature.

2 Likes

Well color of the water would be part of the environment color. So you would have to be ok with that hue affecting your lighting as well.

1 Like

Well, I think it would be a fairly big limitation if that stays as is.

I think lighting will be interesting. It is my understanding that the color of light is linked to the planet type. I would prefer to be able to select the color. But I think the more players are allowed to customize the better.

1 Like

I think people need to justify the use case and all these “customization features” they want so that the Devs can gauge if they should take the time. If people are really wanting them then we certainly need the discussion now and push for them so they can see… otherwise I could see that things are close to done in the feature set.

I’d expect that there is a possible chance that “biomes” can be selected based on the tier levels. I’d probably not expect these other customizations around water color and weather changes. In the future we might get tweaks on “weather” but since these worlds are part of the public Universe it isn’t really appropriate in my view that people be able to customize the weather since things need to basically stay within the Universe rules (except maybe for Creative worlds).

2 Likes

Only in that they’re named similarly. But within World Builder it is quite easy to separate them.

Who knows if the devs will be willing to do that though.

1 Like

I just hope to have a lighting environment that’s close to real. I hate the colored ones. I like the colors to stay the same and not be affected by the environment.

I also like my water the color of water lol

1 Like

Changing biomes, lighting, water vs. lava, etc. can be done in seconds. Literally. Especially if people know which biome they want.

But I agree that weather is meant to be annoying and should remain that way. It’s part of the artificial challenge of higher tier worlds.

Yeah, the atmospheres can change block color drastically. Anyone who hasn’t should check out the bottom of this post for reference.

1 Like

Except on a creative world, where it really serves no purpose whatsoever

3 Likes