Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you …
We will stress test it for you :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

ah… i see the “old creative” is now called local sandbox… and lua scripting is only for the sandbox…

Also Give via knowledge menu :hearts: (looks like the debug give menu is still available for PC)

Edit:
Love the creative UI

7 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity to test, @james.

One thing I noticed and maybe I’m missing something, is that you can only give one of any given item to your inventory. So, for example, if you wanted two grapples, you’d have to do two different grapple types. Is this intended?

Also, after adding an Umbris Slingbow to my creative inventory, and then adding blink slingbow, it allowed me to click the button again to add another umbris slingbow but it didn’t actually add it. Small bug methinks.

1 Like

@Dhusk
I can get it to give, 1, 5, smart stacks, ect, any amount is working correctly for me.

That’s using the F1 menu. I’m talking about using the Give menu from Knowledge tab.

3 Likes

:+1: :blue_heart:

1 Like

I love the new flying pose hah

7 Likes

Silver surfer :surfing_man:

4 Likes

I need to edit in a snowboard under the feet there… :grin:

How do you fly?

Idk PS4 but on PC I think its bound to F by default.

2 Likes

It is and then up and down are space bar and c

3 Likes

how does the movement feel when moving? Does it feel fluid and precise?
Thinking in regards to building.
tia!

It feels precise to me. You have no momentum so when you let go of the key you stop immediately.

2 Likes

A couple of observations.

1 - You can choose from all 255 colors when picking colors on a creative planet

2 - You can fly and so can others. If you turn off flying while other players are flying they do immediately crash in the direction they were going. (sorry @Peyago. . I did it for Science!!)

3 - Since you need atmosphere protections, skills to forge and create a portal. I think we need access to more skill points. It is not like you can have skill sets and going in and switching skills is just messy and time consuming. And also its creative so how does it affect the main game? And all this is assuming you have invulnerability turned on or a player would need even more skills.

4 - I do like flying. Makes it fun to explore the planet. We even found large underwater caves to explore. You can use flying in the water.

5 - You cannot have the same item in both hands. If you want to have two slingbows or two grapples they seem to need to be different types. I Know this has been pointed out, but I did try and see if I could make it work.

Edit:

6 - My creative planet has a volatile atmosphere. When I go to enter the planet through a portal in sanctum, Since my main character does not have protections, it looks like I do not have the protection I will need even though my creative character does.

It also takes about ten seconds for the atmosphere to clear after I do enter.

7 Likes

Additional to @Kal-El’s observations :-

1. Creatures continue to attack you even if you are invulnerable. This led to 3 creatures hounding me while I was trying to set up a basic beacon and build something. I’d imagine this would get annoying when trying to build with more people spawning more creatures. Maybe have invulnerability include a variation of the shadow epic, preventing creatures from attacking you unless you attack them first. It would also free up 5 skill points from not needing the Shadow Epic.
7 Likes

Or the ability to toggle creature spawning to off.

6 Likes

The first impressions of the Therka class planet [Helon 2] on Creative Testing
I have set the color palette to that of [Therka] as we knew it at the end of EA in the transition to the current Live Universe (my favorite palette) :grinning:
I have to admit, the color experience (rendering) of Boundless has since changed.
But with some fine adjustments later for my own planet, this will be fine.
It’s great that we have Creative’s full-color palette of 255 colors available :clap: :clap:
Changing the colors now works seamlessly and the colors can be adjusted at any time.

What is immediately noticeable is that the color of the boulders, as with the previous test round for the Sovereign Planets, is still not automatically adjusted (updated)
@james This has been reported previously.

… and as said before, it is not a fly-mode but a surf-mode
But hey who cares …

More (Portal) testing will follow later

So far, great work Dev-Team :+1: :+1: :+1:

6 Likes