Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Ahhhh …yis … dx … that makes sense, actually, would perhaps account for the seemingly more buff visuals, and sound … cheers, Ry!

1 Like

Yeah it would be fun for sure… Maybe with the creature update when we get Warp Wrath and the Basher we can get a Sand Worm that leaves temporary tunnels in its wake. I’ll have to add that to my list for the next time I chat.

6 Likes

Are there any news that it is being worked on? That’d be a welcome addition!

1 Like

I brought it up a couple months ago but it wasn’t added to anything… but then again they were working on the current or past update (I forget) and they like to keep their heads down focused on 1 at a time. But, I’d expect some creature update at some point in the near few updates. It’s something that is needed.

3 Likes

Cookie Monster is Coming Mwahahahaha

5 Likes

Not that you asked for it, but here are some level 160(live)/103(test) builds. One is all combat and mining skills, the other is all crafting skills.

I figured this might be interesting to anyone anxiously awaiting the skills changes.

Combat & mining:

Crafting:

With these two sheets, you can do basically everything. The only need for additional sheets at this level would be if you wanted to have specific shadow step and/or armor type combat specialization builds.

9 Likes

I’d like to learn about this. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Woo hoo we can post again!
Loving the testing!

2 Likes

Sooo looking forward to seeing this update going to live servers

1 Like

I am also happy if it comes live but it will probably not come until 2022 if it goes on like this it was said of about 3 weeks there will be another test update in 1 week but it’s already about 3 weeks Lord, I still know of a year there was a new update almost every month and now maybe 2 more a year I think it’s a shame

2 Likes

Yea, the planet generation solution must be trickier then they thought. Rest of the update looks like it is pretty ready, so just waiting on the solo universe stuff.

I am hopeful that it is before the end of March, but it will be ready when it is ready.

2 Likes

more time to level up :+1:

3 Likes

I mean, its partly because people refuse to upgrade computers and the complain about not being able to run a mmo server on their old computer.

Then you add in something like steam has a 2 hour refund policy so if they spend 1.5 hours making a planet, play for 30 minutes and cant refund the game if they dont like it… that results in a lot of negative comments.

5 Likes

Why will it be possible to host your own local servers? - Do you want to close the official servers?

this feature (single player /local) was promised a long ago and it is a feature that most games like this have from the start (not everyone wants to just jump into mmo for a variety of reasons (or let their young kids into mmo (boundless is rated 7+)

-more options = wider audience
-possibility of mod support ( can’t really have custom mods in mmo other than some minor visual stuff)

and if they decide to shut down official servers, we’ll still have a functional game instead of nothing

1 Like

You are not afraid of losing everything that you have built up here? - I’m afraid, because to me this patch sounds like it is going in the direction of Minecraft, so according to the motto, make your own server here and it’s good we close the official ones. And I think that’s a shame, I don’t have a lot yet, but it would be a reason for me to never touch Boundless again and never again to invest a cent in the game.

2 Likes

they aren’t shutting it down any time soon (as far as we know) what I described is the worst case scenario

what is more likely to happen is that more people buy the game because it also has the new sp/ local feature and they will try the mmo as well

3 Likes

Was 11 days ago actually :sweat_smile: but whose really keeping track of what’s going on, on the forums. It’s just chaos nowadays.