Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

That’s the kind of thing you sit and rewrite for a day before going "F it, this is awkward to mattet what - I’m just leaving them both at ‘World’! "

1 Like

I didn’t want to clutter this topic up during the ongoing discussion on Friday but since it ended there…

The Public Boundless MMO is an open universe available to all players across the World; a continuously expanding network of public worlds, player-rented Sovereign and Creative worlds, and randomly spawning Exoworlds. Carve out your own corner of the universe as a merchant in the player-driven economy, an industrious supplier, the most fearsome hunter in your guild, or a renowned builder transforming the landscape into great monuments and cities that anyone in the World can visit.

While that may not be perfect I think it effectively separates the two meanings of “world” and highlights the other draws to the MMO. People who start off in local may not realize the MMO is 100% controlled by the players.

6 Likes

Please, please correct me if I’m wrong, but I could swear teaching pies do give 100% more xp, but cap at 70k per pie…at least thats what it says on the pies now. I know it wasn’t always that way, and maybe I’m just misunderstanding the wording on the pies :thinking:

All food and brew buffs in boundless can be extended based on your zeal attribute. At full zeal (8 zeal +5 all attributes) these buffs are essentially tripled in duration. This includes teaching pies, achieving nearly 210,000 XP per pie.

Either way, you can eat more than one pie during the process of collecting your XP.

4 Likes

Yes, I am eating a lot of pies!

Regards,

This…and u can’t have 2 teaching pies running concurrently…So u log in to pick up those 20 batches of fossils, but only get 70k more xp (Unless machines are well seperated, and pies are eaten between machine unloads, but ur still not getting 300k xp from. 150k batch of fossils. 220k would be max, the 150k base + 70k bonus before the pie kaputs…

Edit: Zeal doesn’t change the amount of xp from Teaching, since as stated, its not duration based, but xp capped now…

I’m just going to advise you to put in a few more hours trying this stuff.

You’re on to something, here. Collecting XP is it’s own art in Boundless.

1 Like

I digress, you can make the teaching pie LAST longer with zeal, but ur still capping at 70k. Whether u get it in 30 mins or 45, its still 70k flat bonus…

You can eat a teaching pie and it will stay equipped for days, if you don’t earn the XP to consume it. There’s no timer associated with them any more.

Always test. If you have a character with the appropriate attributes this is easy to test. There are also posts all over the forums about it.

1 Like

I will, for sure. Not even so much for myself, but I run 2 pie shops, and Teaching is my biggest seller, so want to make sure my signage is accurate regarding them.

Can you release the spray paint thingy me notice everyone holding on to there goo pigments til release me need paint lol

1 Like

I am the one mentioning the XP / SS of fossils but I did not mention that I don’t wait for a full stack of fossils to mint!

I have 22 machines which eat 12x18 fossils each, every 24h.
What I do is: eat a pie, walk a bit, eat another pie… etc.
I get 72k XP (with pie) per machine, so 144k every 2 machines.
I usually eat 1 new pie every 2 machines even though it works by eating one pie every 3 machines (you waste a bit of XP - especially if it is not exactly 24h (sometimes 20, sometimes 28… ))
This way I make 8 levels a day (1.6 M XP) - wasting 8 to 11 pies
One pie should give 70kXP + 50% (max zeal) = 105kXP ? (that is why I could use 1 pie every 3 machines yesterday)

Note: my machines are tightly close to each-other (long line) and this is not an issue for collecting XP.

green: machine, blue: coils. I walk on top of the machines (glass pane over lightning)

TLDR: I SS of fossils does give 300k XP (with pies) but that’s just a mathematical calculation - the way it is actually done is with multiple machines.

ps. The pie, with max zeal, can’t cap at 70k XP because I always waste around 1/3 pie, if I eat every 2 machines (144kXP for 2 machines - should have depleted the pie if it was capped at 70k)

Regards,

1 Like

I still check the forums everyday hoping for an update on this. (Sigh)

14 Likes

Right there with ya, lol. One day :’)

2 Likes

Same same :joy:

3 Likes

Yup same here :sob:

2 Likes

The update is coming! Grind some plots while you wait :slight_smile:

Regards,

3 Likes

The update is coming when? This week? Next week? In two weeks? In a month? More?

Not gonna lie, if this update means that further down the line I can :
• Download my Creative World and upload it on my OVH server
• Still have some people from the main survival universe to visit it in one way or another
• Have Wonderstruck release plugins/tools/informations for us to make our own 3D models and DDS textures compatible with Boundless’ game-engine, to make our own furniture/props/tools/weapons (in lack of Wonderstruck making them)

Then I’m game.

4 Likes

This is speculation, but I’m going to say it anyways as it is what the signs are leading me to think and is my big fear at this point - fine if it gets flagged or removed, I love the game and just want to get it off my chest.

The team really does seem like great folks, and not the type to do that - or ignore all our begging for reassurance - unless they have no choice. The current situation, all factors combining (studio change, pointedly ignoring questions about the future, a halt to all social media promotion of the game) screams to me that they’ve been told by whoever their legal folks are not to talk. That they are waiting on legal guidance on how to proceed here, on what their obligations might actually be, ect. Which of course would mean a bad turn of events for the game.

Really hope I’m wrong. :frowning: Fingers crossed that we hear good news soon, that just a hang-up and they’ve been busy and that there are lots of great things to come! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Your going to have 90000000 plots by the time it arrives…If it does.

Someone mentioned the other day, will they adjust the cubits we already have to mirror the amount we would have had under the new system?

Not sure how that would work, or if it could but I’m spending my 60k cubits just in case even though I don’t need plots

1 Like