Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes!

Tbh that looks like something Apt would build. Always loved the style/lighting. Felt like how an “Oortian world” would look like in my imagination.

Edit: Seeing such beautiful builds always hypes me up for actively playing again. Let’s see if it works some time for me.

1 Like

Having each level cost more xp to reach makes a lot of sense if they give us higher level stuff to do so we can get more xp. Just like an rpg, as you lvl up you also unlock new areas with stronger enemies and better weapons.

I remember playing another game where level caps were changed every once in a while and leveling up was always harder with each cap increase, but with each increase we had new areas to explore with new quest that made easier (if you had the right skills and gear) to reach that new cap.

1 Like

So there’s no umbris melee weapon?

Also, does standalone mode work if you’re offline (not on the internet)?

1 Like

Yeah it is really high my concern is the ability to get cubits to get more plots.

5 Likes

No, they don’t seem to plan to allow offline play.

Note to self… don’t carry a new weapon around my base…

Edit: although saying that, it appears my beaconed blocks are still returned to my inventory… more testing required!

5 Likes

That’s too bad. I understand quite a few people were interested in offline play.

1 Like

That’s not good about weapons destroying blocks. I think they should change that. It’s just going to inevitably cause someone great sadness.

Ah, it’s all good - seems they have already thought about that part! Anything within your beacons is returned to you regardless. Anything outside your beacons is destroyed as per the tooltip.

2 Likes

slightly offtopic but is this the case with bombs? i never tried.

With the beacon thing @Stretchious is saying is in, I think this is good, since nobody wants dirt blocks in their pocket during a hunt.

2 Likes

This has already been the case with bombs for some time (I used to use bombs to pick up a large part of my old pyramid before reclaim).

3 Likes

Ah nice ok! I didn’t realise that (I don’t ever use anything other than regen bombs really).

Bombs will destroy your base and the blocks.

Never equip bombs at home.

1 Like

@lucadeltodecso

why I cant add me the new swords and shield in the testing over the give item menu, pls lucas add them for the testing universe

2 Likes

I am eagerly testing the new version but these are my first observations:
1/ When I activate the debug menu (+ further dialog windows), the size of used font is VERY small on my 4K monitor. The game settings themselves allow a UI scaling, but this does not work for the debug part. Is there a chance to increase font sizes as most of the UI is way to small to read? Btw: sometimes it is difficult to hit a button when it is soooo small :slight_smile:
2/ A new created Universe server will be made accessible - as the dialog tells me - by specifying a correct external IPV4 address! But here in Germany, almost all IP connections are now - since a few years - moved to IPV6 and I foresee that this may be a real roadblocker. Any IPV6 support in your vision?
3/ “Join this universe” opens - as expected - a dialog, telling me that there is no “spawn world”. When I click on the Abort/Exit Button (instead of the Retry-Button), nothing happens. What is it used for?
4/ I created 2 new worlds and did not see (remember my smalll fonts remark?) an option in the create dialog window for spawning. And it seems to take some time until the worlds are usable (?). When I closed the server, quit debug and returned, restarted the server, then my worlds are OK. Is there a synchronized state overview of a “Universe is ready to join” ?

1 Like

True, for something like this, you should never simply take someone’s word for granted, so here’s some actual evidence to what I was saying above. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly hate this “feature”, I wish we could toggle the ability to destroy blocks in our own plot completely off like if you didnt own the plot.

On that screen where you create the universe it says that it doesnt have a world created yet, then a different screen shows the progress of world generation.

I took about 5 minutes on a amd Ryzen 3950 with 64gb of ram

3 Likes

Everyone Relax this is for SOLO GAMES not the usual MMO we all love and play the exp cap is raised to allow one solo player to have all the skills on one character to allow the full range feel of the game

Im curious if its just for “solo” or for “solo & private universes”, because if the later is included thats a big kick in the teeth to private universes versus the official one…

I would like to see things like xp and resources gains exposed in configurations or at least how to modify xp and resource gains via lua scripts.

OR at least how to modify recipe ingredient amounts because lets be honest the game starts to get really grindy and boring once you actually try to make anything big.