Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes!

Everyone : starts worrying about how hard it’ll be to gain levels and cubits

Me : starts stockpiling teaching pies

I do agree the exp increase is insane tho

3 Likes

I mean if it isn’t a bug, and you have to get 2.7 mil for each level up after level 180 then it should give 3,500 cubits for that level up to remain equal to how it is.

Positive note loving the new weapons and skills!

2 Likes

I like that we’re brainstorming various ways that this could be a not completely terrible and hostile thing. Here’s to hoping for the best!

3 Likes

I’m still hoping a bug :joy:

2 Likes

So beyond level 180, farewell cubits xD.

3 Likes

I have a feeling the 359 is for local gameplay while the MMO will remain the same

Regards,

Thing is lvl 173 to 174 was 2.5 mil.

So guessing once you hit like between level 80-100 it’s 1mil for a level.

Hopefully a bug lol

1 Like

I am hoping our current levels are scaled back for consistency. I mean count levels according to new exp rules and pull us all back. Else level 1500 for example would look insane to people who didn’t witness the old exp levels :joy:

2 Likes

I could see it being possible. I’m sure they have the original templates for the old planets. They could be remade using the current biome and color set up. Honestly, for the population of the game, 12 planets would have been enough. Could have done a t1, t3, and t5 for each region.

My main concern is how will new players handle leveling and developing cubits to gain plots. With how much xp may be required (if not a bug :crossed_fingers:) I know. If starting out as a new player and it taking that much to level and gain cubits to gain plots I would be very discouraged. Even if the cubits wouldn’t be spent on plots, there the cosmetic items.

Unless someone just has a life savings to through at the shop.

2 Likes

I agree with you, I don’t think it would make sense just to just to go level for level.

It makes more sense to me to give the equivalent level in the new system for the xp already gained. As long as cubits and plots already gained are not affected, and i don’t think they will be.

Although I suspect there will be a bit of noise from people when they end up at a lower level than they are at the moment…

2 Likes

Up until level 180, they’ll have “achievable” quick levelling (180x300) = 54300 cubits. That’s a good taste of the cubits. Then buy and support the game. Not too bad I guess.

I agree. It would make more sense for it be a typo and that it’s 247,400 per level after 50. Because if it’s in the millions after 50, most casual players like myself would probably give up.
And if it is so, I can forsee the current player base to start grinding levels on their “main” characters, so as to already be at the level cap.

And it could be as @scrufola suspects, that this is a cash grab. That you need more plot after 50 and don’t want to grind levels, then you’ll have to buy cubits to get additional plots.

But then there’s people like @Tmmk who have characters in the level 700 range. What happens to them? Do they get set to level cap of 180? What happens to the plots from all those extra levels? Do they go away? That could really upset a lot of the players with big builds.

3 Likes

They will be at a lower level but relative to all the others, they will still maintain the same gap. No one harmed.

2 Likes

Indeed, when looked at through logical eyes!

However…

2 Likes

I think your talking about the new umbris achievement coffer, I got one in game it gave me 57k xp and some coin. They’d not going to make a dent in the amount of xp would be required to even reach level 100.

Anyways time for bed 3am here. Night forums.

I hereby invite the game’s developers to clarify the issue regards to XP at high levels. Additionally, more information would be welcome regards to obtaining of Cubits after the update, plot retention, new plots and similar.

Regards,

So 359 skill points are all you need to fill all pages instead of 359x5. Right?

On testing it is 359 on each page … but one page with 359 covers most things in itself. But you can do 359 x 5 if you wanted to… at least on testing.

2 Likes

So is that how it’s going to be or it’ll be changed? Because the way James explained it made it seem like all you will need is 359 to fill all pages. I don’t mind either way but I just want to understand.

1 Like