Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes!

I’d likely bet the number isn’t set at that and just either a full placeholder or something put to get “feedback”

I’d expect this won’t happen to just stick at 200k because that wouldn’t make sense to them… Instead I’d strongly suggest people try to compromise and provide a scaling system that is better or solid reasons on why it must stay at 200k a level.

They see it as a sliding scale I guess so we need to give James details on how it shouldn’t be linear but maybe a smaller increase per level or something. Those that level a lot should really help find a working system so that all of us that haven’t leveled much aren’t hurt either or people won’t feel the need to have to grind like crazy.

I agree it needs to not be insane because new players will give up… but jeez I’m only 84 on Xald and won’t be happy either because like people said – lots of work for cubits will turn people off since we use cubits for tons of things and just not plots.

1 Like

Personally I am hoping they will give everyone a skill reset so people can build all their characters from scratch for the skills.

During a call I did suggest to James that they give people the option to refund Skill Pages since the skill system is now being changed from what it was designed as. I figured some people might “want to keep the separate skill page” while others might want to put everything together and shouldn’t be hurt on losing cubits because the game changed a base system that wasn’t expected. If other’s agree, additional feedback might be able to win them over on allowing the return.

1 Like

My level is close to 2900, how much xp i need for next level then :rofl:

:rofl: entered my new world on testing and thought I entered someone else’s base , loving it

10 Likes

It looks like a new Sanctum build by @Apt :+1: :+1: :smile:

4 Likes

Im STRONGLY DISLIKE this

3 Likes

Tbh that looks like something Apt would build. Always loved the style/lighting. Felt like how an “Oortian world” would look like in my imagination.

Edit: Seeing such beautiful builds always hypes me up for actively playing again. Let’s see if it works some time for me.

1 Like

Having each level cost more xp to reach makes a lot of sense if they give us higher level stuff to do so we can get more xp. Just like an rpg, as you lvl up you also unlock new areas with stronger enemies and better weapons.

I remember playing another game where level caps were changed every once in a while and leveling up was always harder with each cap increase, but with each increase we had new areas to explore with new quest that made easier (if you had the right skills and gear) to reach that new cap.

1 Like

So there’s no umbris melee weapon?

Also, does standalone mode work if you’re offline (not on the internet)?

1 Like

Yeah it is really high my concern is the ability to get cubits to get more plots.

5 Likes

No, they don’t seem to plan to allow offline play.

Note to self… don’t carry a new weapon around my base…

Edit: although saying that, it appears my beaconed blocks are still returned to my inventory… more testing required!

5 Likes

That’s too bad. I understand quite a few people were interested in offline play.

1 Like

That’s not good about weapons destroying blocks. I think they should change that. It’s just going to inevitably cause someone great sadness.

Ah, it’s all good - seems they have already thought about that part! Anything within your beacons is returned to you regardless. Anything outside your beacons is destroyed as per the tooltip.

2 Likes

slightly offtopic but is this the case with bombs? i never tried.

With the beacon thing @Stretchious is saying is in, I think this is good, since nobody wants dirt blocks in their pocket during a hunt.

2 Likes

This has already been the case with bombs for some time (I used to use bombs to pick up a large part of my old pyramid before reclaim).

3 Likes

Ah nice ok! I didn’t realise that (I don’t ever use anything other than regen bombs really).

Bombs will destroy your base and the blocks.

Never equip bombs at home.

1 Like