Testing 25 - Report issues here

Please report all issues discovered in the Testing 25 release in this thread.

Too much issues in 24, so I have to repeat here haha
My post got swallowed.

Is it a bug, or are we not allowed by any reason to place a machine next to another machine?
And the furnace is no machine?
But the crafting table is a machine?

At least these are my assumptions after trying to place my compactor next to other machines.

1 Like

I’m able to place my machines next to each other using the configuration in the below image. What configuration are you trying to use?

2 Likes

I looked at this picture like 3 times (on separate occasions) before I actually realized what you did there. Very nice.

Sometimes hills and mountains rendered in the distance are “open” at the front side directing to the player.
Prefabs pop in the landscape after a mountain gets rendered in the distance beyond.

1 Like

Friends added to your beacon control as “villagers” have unrestricted access to plinths owned by other players inside that plot.

Reproduction steps:
Place a beacon control
Place a buy/sell plinth
Add another player as a friend
Add that friend as a villager to the beacon control
that villager now has unrestricted access to plinths in that beacon, including changing price or removing coin.

This was tested in release 23, 24, and most recently 25.

5 Likes

This is a “want to buy”-plinth displaying a ancient tech fragment. But the item desired if you click it, is a ancient tech component:

From distance you most times cannot see items on a plinth. In picture underneath just the glas cube is visible from far. But the fossil extract that i want to sell on the other plinth is not visible. Would be nice to see all items on plinths from far.

Additionally I saw you can sell more then one item on one plinth. I would define one of the storage places of the selling plinth as the item which is displayed. This seems not to be defined at the moment. It’s more the item you place first on a plinth is displayed (no matter if you change the item order on your plinth later). So if you have several items on a plinth and want to display a new one, then you have to remove all other items first.

3 Likes

That is strange. Maybe a bug… I was neither able to place the compactor next to my work bench nor my extractor…

That is strange. I would post a picture showing where/how you are trying to place everything so that the devs have more information to try and reproduce the issue.

The distance thing is an optimization, mostly to try and cut-down on reasonably pointless network traffic by not having to send potentialy thousands of little item data for storage that is far enough away and then also rendering them

1 Like

I know that :wink: not my report. @Smoothy

Bugs:

• If you stand with a torch while facing a block very close up, the light will disappear (tested using torch in right hand and while facing different types of stone)

• Using ‘e’ on a column of three storage blocks will hide the top four if you look at the top block or the bottom four if you look at the bottom block.

top:

middle:

bottom:

• I think I recall seeing this in other testing servers but I don’t recall seeing it in “known issues”. If I missed it, my apologies: torches disappearing. Note: I haven’t touched them. I just placed them, left, came back, and the wood is gone.

Some suggestions:

• Add UI icon to different containers (storage block, workbench, crafting table, furnace, etc.) if they’re locked so you see what all your lock is affecting.

• Allow for us to use right click to read descriptions of items that we can make. i.e. things in hand crafting, the crafting tables, the workbench, etc. I’m currently only able to use right-click to view descriptions of things in my inventory.

• (THIS IS POSSIBLE, HOLD LMB DOWN) Enable moving of smart stacks somehow, without having to remove each part of the smart stack.`

• Piggybacking off of others, hats off to the composer! The music is incredible! All other sound assets are as well, it’s very clear you guys have put a lot of effort into these and it shows!

• The graphics look incredible! Everything from textures to the creatures walking around! I can’t wait to see some of the new creatures in action!

• Smart stacks are probably the best design decision a game company has made in the last decade. I can’t believe how useful they are.

I was going to keep a running list and publish it later but I can’t handle it! I have to get back to playing!!

6 Likes

You can grab a whole smart stack by clicking and holding for a second. I’ve found it somewhat finicky though. Would be nice to see it smoothed out some.

2 Likes

Ah ty so much!

Do you (or anyone else reading this) by chance know if splitting of non-smart stacks is available?

Not even able to use this setup. Currently i use 3 Workbenches and 4 furnaces at the same time :smiley: i waste tools like hell :smiley:

Yep, it is - hold the mouse down on a stack and then rotate your cursor around the number to raise it lower it - release mouse button when you have the amount you want

2 Likes

That is SO cool! Thank you for the prompt reply!

1 Like

Not sure how reproducible this is… there was a blip of server lag just as I was smart stacking some Peaty Soil onto Clay Soil… the resulting merged stack decided to show as a Beacon icon …

1 Like

Maybe you found a way to craft a beacon lol.