The Forgemasters Mining Team - commentary on a post bomb mining universes

I do have one question. When you reach level 50 are you done with the game? At that point your character is maxed in skill points. If the answer is yes then I do understand why you might enjoy the grind and maybe even want more obstacles to progression.

there is a ~500c silver tool in between, just sayin.

And if it was actually a noticeable upgrade to Iron, that would be fine.

1 Like

Where exactly are you struggling can I ask?

Gem wall. I got this game because it looked like it would be fun to build stuff with my girlfriend and run a small shop. My main character is my crafter because that’s what I wanted to do in the game. I made a mining/gathering alt once I realized that wasn’t going to work. Now I think I need to make a 3rd alt to gather and fully spec my 2nd to mine.

My issue, mostly, is presentation at this point (assuming the systems are working as intended). I had an expectation for this game coming in that seemed accurate based on the marketing + streaming content I saw, but that expectation does not match the actual game play.

omg lmao so youre going to ignore what i said before that now? Cool

I responded to your last comment about 3x3 axes? Do you have something constructive to add?

Well first off bark isnt end game, and using a 3x3 axe would make you more efficient. I didnt even say anything about it initially. You’re right that a new player will use an axe to chop a tree from the ground. They never have to leave the ground honestly. Theres so many ways to go about it i just cant even explain for you. Bomb mining a tree wasnt intended but you can use them to help clear leaves. If you blow the tree up then its gone. So using bombs would be wreckless then. You can stay on the ground permanently and never use a grapple, and still get a whole ton more bark and resources just using the right skills. A new player isnt expected to be able to be fast and efficient. But you can certainly be a specialized character as early as level 10 or 12 and that was my point.

Oh and by specializing you make that resource you specialized for, sell it, make a nice amount of coin in a relatively short time, buy the better tools and become more efficient, and repeat until youve just played for 15 hours and skipped 150 hours of gameplay by doing 1 thing

No, but using a 3x3 axe is end game, and we are selling bark to get to end game, thus you are using end game to get to end game.

We don’t need to go in circles, I made my argument. You think the game is fine, I don’t, agree to disagree.

Edit: Just as a reply to your edit, I personally don’t like having to have multiple alts to just play the game, and would rather skill sets work like they did in most every other MMO that has them.

Yea but you keep ignoring you dont need that axe. And in like 5 hours you can have a gem axe, that will only make you even more coin. By simply using the right skills. Which are 100% free

Ok so, This is how I went about it, I’m not saying this is the only way to do it, or it is by any means optimum, but it’s the way I did it.

I started my gathering alt as a hunter, So lots of power, damage epic, a few points (4) in vitality, 5/5 out of the defence skills (not resistances) hammer epic and 5/5 hammer mastery.

I can fill out the full spec for you later if you want to see how he turned out, but IMO it’s a good mix of the skills you need, I occasionally spend cleanse points switching out the damage epic for the defence epic if I’m going full time hunting.

To break into the gem wall I started buying titanium hammers, I spent about 2-2.5K each on them this wasn’t necessary but makes it a whole lot easier, Then went mining for diamonds.

Whilst mining for diamonds I got enough silver, gold and titanium to make my own batch of hammers, which I used to continue to mine until I had enough.

I needed about 160 diamonds to get sufficient coils to make the advanced coils, another 160 diamonds later and I made the advanced versions, then focused on the gems I needed to fill out the rest of the machines.

I think I started to focus on forging and the stuff I’d need to build the coils to produce forging matts, I had my original character switch to full time crafter, and the third as a dedicated forger.

Using the hunter and gatherer to collect materials I was able to forge AOE onto the titanium hammers and used them to mine for more gems.

When I was comfortably decked out coils wise (which took a while, don’t get me wrong) and had high tier forging materials I focused on mass diamond mining on T6 and started forging diamond hammers.

So honestly the most time efficient way is to buy some titanium hammers, they are well worth the investment, and they should get you enough to be able to start making your own.

If you’re interested I have a few titanium hammers still lying around I can sell you for cheap, I’m just thinking about setting up a shop, and I’m very low on coins, when I say cheap I mean like 1-1500 each. So if you’re interested hit me up.

1 Like

Using a 3x3 would be efficient on gems worth hundreds of coins, and a persisting pie to negate costs. Using a 3x3 on a tree to sell cheap bark would be like picking up dog poo with 20 dollar bills. Further, again, how are new players supposed to get these 3x3s!!! Stop saying new player grind to end game is solved with end game!!

And you keep ignoring most everything I write because “you can just buy it.” Agree to disagree, move on.

Look, thanks for the help, I do appreciate. I have gotten this exact same advice from like 5 people, but right here is where it’s broken to me:

I’m sure that is a fine market price for the items, but you need power to make those, but you need (this is a loose use of need here, of course you can use iron/silver/gold but my issues there have been noted) those to get power. Right here you can see the progression in the game is broken. If the answer is, actually, just buy it, then the game needs an auction house, or something like it, to centralized the economy, as running around to 100 places to see if they are buying what you are selling/selling what you want at a fair price is tedious.

Really, honestly, thank you for helping, and I very likely am going to start doing something along these lines if I keep playing. It just feels bad, and I have other games I can play that don’t feel like that.

So just to clarify your “i dont want an alt” statement. You only need 1 character as a gatherer. In fact i got 225 bark in an hour using a miner. I dont even know what you’re trying to say is wrong in this game honestly. I told you a single way to make coin that would help you skip literally a hundred hours of gameplay, but you think im saying you need end game tools to get to the end game. In fact someone sold me 900 fibrous leaves 200 inky leaves and a few other things that got them 20thousand coins. With those coins, from my shop, after them spending a whopping 3 days playing, they got 2 3x3 iron hammers with durability and action speed, a titanium hammer, a forged auto harvest shovel, and a cross section titanium axe with durability and auto harvest as well for 19k, which they could never use and still make another 20k coin. Literally just picking leaves up off the ground they jumped to mid game

Since you don’t like reading, I’ll keep this short.

If I wanted a part time job, I’d get one with a paycheck.

Feel free, this is a game that requires a time commitment if you want play solo, but using other players it becomes so casual its not even funny

If youre 120 hours in and still stuck using iron tools you’re basically doing nothing because im 150 hours in, using the economy to my advantage, and at the current end game

2 Likes

I understand your concern, I had much of the same thoughts leading up to it that you did.

Yes I agree the game is ‘broken’ in that respect, I think gold and silver hammers need to be more effective, or just removed altogether and titanium brought down a notch.

It becomes hard to complain once you broach the wall is kind of the issue, as time goes on less and less people will complain because, once you have power the challenge all but disappears.

It really does come down to how much of a meal you want to make of it though, for me, I see accomplishment in acquiring everything myself, and the capability to do everything myself, so I had to grind through it.

If that’s your goal then, unless you leverage the ingame economy it is going to be exceptionally sluggish ride for you.

But it is possible with iron hammers, and I think you might need a gold hammer to harvest gems, but it will just be a lot slower.

1 Like

Using other people…

Thanks I got my screenshot. This right here paints a lovely picture of systematic abuse. The devs said they don’t want this game to feel like a job. You have no problem saying the game is perfect so long as other people treat it as a job by using them you see no problems with this. Okay trump.

I picked up a couple 3x3 iron axes for 2.5 or 3.5k each, forget which…they paid for themselves several times over from selling only half the bark and sap I collected.
If only I could remember the shop…Maybe they’ll see this.