The game feels dead

I run a mall, a rock shop, a massive build in lava on till and a strip club.

Ill let someone else have the mall of malls hub :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, this basically what the new player’s feeling i guess lol.
And you just tell them good luck on the refund ?

I offered help, seems like his mind is made up so yes, good luck on the refund.

Was going to show him all the farming areas I’ve come across, throw some tools , Regen bombs, foods and such and help him to get to the point where he could farm t5 solo. I guess I could have stated that. My bad. Wasn’t trying to be a jerk. Apologies.

1 Like

Well, that’s rather untrue, there are quite a few! Wondering where you looked for it tho?

But here goes:
Ultima HQ on Finata:
Around the main portal area there, you can see a sign saying Shopping Portals, go down there, turn left.

The you will see this:

Portal Seekers Lamblis:
When you go to Lamblis from Gloviathosa you will see this:

On left you see ‘Lakey’, to the right of it is ‘New Leyden Market’:

Gellis, when coming from Arie thru the Portal Seekers network:
Look to the right a bit, you can see city hall in background.

In front of it is a square, on the left you can see:

Crypt hub:

Not gonna make pictures of all the portals on the other side, but here are a few portals at the New Leyden side:

And there’s also a new portal area as well with even more.

So there are plenty of ways to get there and they are all marked with either ‘New Leyden’ or ‘New Leyden Market’…

Come find us!

3 Likes

Slightly sad that your Lamblis PS hub portal is no longer there, it was my short cut as it was right next to my portal there :frowning: (Upper Plaza -> Quick Brick)

They still have a portal in Lamblis PS hub, except its called “New Leyden”.

2 Likes

next to that lovely place, lake(y) :stuck_out_tongue:
where there is another portal to New Leyden.

2 Likes

Well the other one is still there, two was becoming a tad silly…

Oh cool, I must be totally blind!

Nice pictures. I remember the portal network being formidable when I was only a week in.

Hey sorry if I offended you, it wasn’t my goal to blow you or others off. I was offered help by lots of people. I couldn’t reply to everyone. I just posted to say the game feels dead and empty. This community came through and showed me it’s not so I am sticking around to see how this game grows. I don’t like hand outs either. In other games I’m the one giving stuff away so for me taking is kind of hard anyway. I also like to take my time learning a game but if it’s going to be fruitless because it’s not active I like to know hence the post. I wont be making any malls or towers though lol. I will try hunts later today. Thanks all for showing me you’re all out there. I did visit places mentioned on here yesterday and found lots of people. Guess I just need to move. You would think Angel 1 and other starting planets would have lots of people but everyone leaves as fast as possible.

3 Likes

Boundless has went through many phases since release.

Phase 1: Launch Boom. So many players running around you had to literally wait in line at the portals because some planets were full. Gold bars sold for 125c, raw gems sold for 400c, pies sold for 5,000c. The first portal hubs were established within days. Soo much footfall.

Phase 2: Lull. Bomb mining was nerfed, footfall broke (as in literally and completely stopped working), new AAA titles dropped. Many put on a sad face and left the game. At least one portal network closed.

Phase 3: Renaissance. Our current phase. Players are gradually moving away from isolated settlements and beacons to embrace city life. “Malls” began springing up as a happy medium between joining mega cities and being a hermit. People have reached current endgame and are beginning to create mega-projects like the Art Institute thingie, sorry I don’t know all the details only that it’s cool!

If you aren’t embracing the Phase 3 mindset, you’re missing out.

5 Likes

Angel 1 has a pretty strong playerbase from what I’ve seen and I’m there every day as that is where my homebase is.
The one limiting factor is that not everyone is in the same time zone and/or has rl responsibilities.
You have a build in grindstone. Well up top of the hub in the player portals is a portal to Quark.
We have quite a few people on there everyday.

1 Like

Rude, extremely rude.

He doesn’t have a bad attitude, you have though.

He is expressing a concern and want/need to play/see/visit with other players and not feel so alone. And to get some income from selling items. A legitimate concern.

1 Like

The OP is expressing what many have stated or felt and don’t express because of negative responses of others.

I’ve met him, on Angle 1. His base is beside mine and I can understand how he feels. Angel 1 to me is a outpost, not a permanent home, even my permanent home I’m hardly ever there, I’m out gathering supplies, exploring a planet, looking at shops in the mall or in some of the markets. I see people out and about, but I’m not good at the chatting/trading so just wave and go on. Which is weird for a social person in real life.

The problem I am seeing, in the shop area, we are getting more shops than we have players who will buy items. I’m not saying there doesn’t need to be as many, just that we need to get more players to come and spend money, which means we need more people to buy and start playing the game.
Or be encourage to stay, NOT to leave.

Right now with the holiday event, G. Mall and other areas are quite busy, so you will see more players. You can look and see if there are hunts going on and join in those, as others have said. See if Grindstone has a guild and what they are doing, you could consider joining it, and becoming involved. Or look at other planets and settlement/cities and see what they are doing in their builds and guilds.
My main base is on Seggy (can’t spell the name) the settlement/city of Exodus, I love the place, but it is quiet there. US west coast but some of us live on the East coast.
Anyhow, time of day, day of the week, weather in real life and even the planet you are on are all factors in seeing the numbers of players online.

Hang in there, there will be slow days and busy days. I’m going to start playing another game, but still play this one, as it is one I really really like but I need to keep from burning myself out.

2 Likes

hey man is your title still needed maybe you could change it to ya new opinion :smile:little vaentine gift for dev’s

I had the same thought. I offered to change the title to: “Looking to move to a busy area. Any suggestions?”.

we must be playing different games XD there are always people playing in my town. i go on hunts in groups with as many as 35 people everyday. Move to the capital city on Sorrsi

Starter planets, like Angel 1 can feel dead in that many see it as a beginning place and plan on moving on. My son and I did that on Alder when we spawned there. We left as soon as we could and moved to Tana Vii, then because of a forced merge moved to Seggy (can’t spell the name) and the settlement/city of Exodus, love it there.
I have a alt there because he can be safe as I level him up, I have thought of setting up a shop there, but I don’t know if it will grow enough to make it worth while. How others can have three or more shops on different planets overwhelms me. Just the one and trying to do the gathering for what I need for the supplies for it, and working on being able to do forging is a bit much.

1 Like