The great importance of music!

Do u also play the tabletop?

Then here one of the songs out of my most favorit live concert (next to the Pulse Tour of Pink Floyd :wink: ) …

it is so damn sad, but also soooooooo beautiful :blush:

PS: Also so damn sad because it was their last live concert back then -.-

1 Like

Bs. you cannot possibly be better at playing piano than yiruma xD

also original speed is more like 1.50 not 1.25.

on the topic. as a piano player i can say, having pure piano music in this game would not work too well. piano with strings, would be amazing in some cases, but game music tends to be and should be sorta adventures, like pirates of the carribean theme, or awesome stuff like that.

also james posted this on steam.

‘‘We’ll announce information about the in game music soonish. I’m confident it’ll meet (and exceed) everyone’s expectations.’’

I AM! … I… well… no… yes, yes I am! You just have to belive me :smiley:

And no it’s 1.25, they also have an note in the video saying its 1.25 ^^ And I think the one who uploaded it is right :smiley:

compare

trust me. i love his works, heck i can play some of them, yiruma have a very cool playstyle and so beautiful songs, but he has a habit of being very free flowing. meaning the speed is constantly changing. but yeah. that video should be 1.5 speed, the person who wrote 1.25 on it is wrong, and most likely cannot hear the difference xD

btw. I can’t watch that video :smile:
I HATE GEMA!

use spotify then :wink:

but i agree, music is so important in games, its something that is just kinda there, and having a reptitive soundtrack that people start to hate can be quite dooming.

Nah, I know that song I just have to watch another of the million videos. The GEMA is the worst thing ever happend to Germanys Music Industry…

This is a sad an good song classic. A bit out of place for Oort Online. Still.

I don’t think anyone has memtioned the soundtrack to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker yet, and I think that game’s soundtrack has a perfect feel for a game like Oort Online. It’s relaxed and serene while still being upbeat enough and conveys a sense of adventure. For most games I typically just turn the sound off and either listen to my own music or enjoy the silence but Wind Waker is one game whose music just adds to much for me to turn it off.

3 Likes

Not really sure what music should fit in the game but I’m just saying before I forget that there should be a spooky kind of music with whispering in the background while in caves or ruins etc. : D Just a thought.

1 Like

i think they have talked about dynamic sound, so maybe dynamic music might be a thing, but it is also a double edged sword, because it is honestly a bit weird if the sound changes all the time depending on the area, if it stops instantly though.

i am almost more for a rotation of all around good music :smiley:

1 Like

I would love to see the option for own music used ingame. Think of the GTA series. There you had a dir in the game files where you can put mp3s and then switched to those with the radio station.

Why not just having a local dir for optional music. Then ingame you can set if you want to have Oorts music or your own. When music is dynamic then we could have two dirs, one for ambience music and one for combat. That would be really cool :wink:

1 Like

i think somebody mentioned how there might be copyright issues with that. everytime i hear this for every game i have the same simple answer

‘‘Turn down ingame music to 0 and then start a spotify playlist’’

1 Like

It only would be a copyright problem when you play the music for others. But only for the personal OST it is not a porblem. Sure we can use external players (like most people do after the original ost of a game gets to annoying ^^), but having the option to use a own set of music AND to be able to use the dynamic music feature (with a simple fade into the next song when battle starts for example).

as far as im aware, almost everything ingame is server side. so i dont think it is that easy to change the music? i cant say though.

most MMOs I know have the soundtrack and soundeffects on the client side … it’s also better for the traffic :wink:

I don’t talk about uploadable playlists … That would be good if you want a special track (that is allready ingame) for your own worlds (picked in the world builder out of a list there). But why not have a side OST for our own use (with dynamic features)? … And even the settable list in the worldbuilder should use client side music (the standard sortiment of tracks), which is enlarged with future updates if there are new tracks planned later.

if this is possible. (if we do it only on private servers)

then i would totally make a world where ALL music is just like heavy metal xD

also remember. ‘‘dynamic music’’ havent been promised or said is possible yet, that was dynamic sounds i think.

Hmm, I think the tracks you can select for the people to listen to on your own servers should all be given by oort itself (even on personal hosted servers for copyright issues). But may be the holy devs listen to your plea and add some metal to the standart play lists ;D … The costum tracks should only be usable by the player who set them (in the game client and not bound to the world).

And yeah, may be the music will not be dynamic later … but if it will, it should be also altered by the user (like said before :wink: )